• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Agreed. If we're just slinging together our 11 best players our 11 would consist of Leno, Bellerin, Sokratis, Mustafi, Monreal, Torreira, Ramsey, Mkhitaryan, Özil, Lacazette, Aubameyang.

I hope Xhaka doesn't get much game time.

I have always voted to put Mkhi as our no 10, Özil can play on the right no problem.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
We should sell him tbf. He doesn't have the required abilities to play on the side and in the CAM position we have much better players.
His end product is also terrible.

£20M for Iwobi would be great. If we sell Welbeck for £15/20M we will be able to buy a young promising winger like Malcom / Lozano / Coman (we were all linked to them)

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We should sell him tbf. He doesn't have the required abilities to play on the side and in the CAM position we have much better players.

£20M for Iwobi would be great. If we sell Welbeck for £15/20M we will be able to buy a young promising winger like Malcom / Lozano / Coman (we were all linked to them)
I agree. I dont think Iwobi is talented enough to make us really regret selling him for £20m. Even if he comes good I dont think he'll be world class.

And on the other hand he is quite rubbish right now anyway

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's worth 40M with a decent season

say yes

forum master baiter
I’d be laughing all the way to the bank if someone was silly enough to offer us £20m+ for Iwobi.

And I like the player.

Would be incredible business for the club, particulary if we could then use that money to bring a quality wideman like Rebic in.

TheIceman85

Still convinced there's more to come from Iwobi and would be another szczesny situation.

Personally I think Iwobi has peaked. He’s not a player that has that arrogance and ego you need to dominate teams, he’s too nice.

I don’t think he’ll ever establish himself as a first-team regular and will eventually end up at a mid-table Prem team before he starts to decline. Kind of like Gibbs.

Could be wrong though.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’d be laughing all the way to the bank if someone was silly enough to offer us £20m+ for Iwobi.

And I like the player.

Would be incredible business for the club, particulary if we could then use that money to bring a quality wideman like Rebic in.

£20m is peanuts.

Song Billong

Personally I think Iwobi has peaked. He’s not a player that has that arrogance and ego you need to dominate teams, he’s too nice.

I don’t think he’ll ever establish himself as a first-team regular and will eventually end up at a mid-table Prem team before he starts to decline. Kind of like Gibbs.

Could be wrong though.

Peaked after just turning 22? You having a laugh?

We would be mad to sell him at that price.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
CIES has Iwobi valued at €35 million.
Bit boring now isnt it, not used to this waiting around.

Usually at this point of the summer people are screaming "When is Arsenal going to do something?!!! I can't believe they always wait until the last minute! They need to get players in to get ready for the season!" :lol:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
We need to keep Iwobi!

Ramsey & Nelson on a short deals + doubts over Koscielny.

The squad has seen crazy turn over... Like a petrol club but on a stingy budget. Could get that soulless petrol club vibe pretty quick unless the youth break through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom