• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Takuma Asano (Loan) | Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

neimad

Thankuma for the memories Asano

Takuma-Asano.jpg

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
@Aevius @dashsnow17 @yousif_arsenal

pacy, hard worker who knows how to get into good positions

Unfortunately, that's it. Can't strike a ball, can't score goals, no physical presence, no technique - can neither dribble nor stop balls, his first touch is really something else.

Hannes Wolf liked him for his pace and workrate. First used him in a midfield three in the 2. Bundesliga season as a presser, then on the wing, where his defensive work, pressing and pace was just enough to get along at that level. Can't say he didn't do a job in the 2. BL.

In the 1. Bundesliga season he was useless as a winger for his lack of technique. But Wolf still loved him and thought the problem of his disjointed 5-2-3 was immobile striker Simon Terodde (in truth it was the system itself, although Terodde clearly lacks the ability for 1. BL, too) and played Asano as lone mainstriker for a few games, which didn't exactly pay off. By the winter break he had faded out of the starting XI, and under Korkut he didn't even make the squad most of the time.

He's said to be a decent character, never moaned when faded out, kept working hard in training and integrated very well into the squad and club. Just last weekend there were videos and pics of the team partying in the cabin after the win against Bayern, and he seemed absolutely into it and like he cared about the club. Can't say he didn't try, work and give it his best. It just isn't enough. Feel for the boy a bit but he's just not a very good footballer.

I'd say his level is about 2. Bundesliga or a first league in a fringe country. I am very surprised a Bundesliga club came in for him - but then again it's Hannover, so :rolleyes:

Another thing I can definitely say is that the only position he can succeed in is as a secondary striker. He lacks the striking, composure and physicality to be a lone striker, while he lacks the technique and cross to be a winger at top level. But he gets into good positions and works hard - next to a target man it could maybe work out for him as someone who engages and keeps defenders busy, creates space, presses and scores a tap-in every now and then. But even then he really needs to work on his technique and first touch.

Think he might fetch around 3 to 5m €.

Sounds like a Japanese Welbeck.

say yes

forum master baiter
Another utterly bizarre Arsenal transfer.

Would love to go dig up some old posts on this guy but I don’t have the heart.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I valued him at £2m yesterday in my list of players to sell, anything above is a bonus :)

GDeep™

League is very weak
Another utterly bizarre Arsenal transfer.

Would love to go dig up some old posts on this guy but I don’t have the heart.
How is it bizarre? It’s normal. Clubs sign these types all the time, send them on loan and see how they develop.

We’re making a profit too here, I’ll assume.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
http://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/hannover-96-takuma-asano-transfer-perfekt-stuttgart-arsenal/

Kind, their president, confirmed, that Asano will come on loan for one year from Arsenal.

Nobody wants to buy him :( At least another loan in a good league.

At the beginning it looked like there was a player in him. The pace, the workrate and the ability to pop up in good positions, which you can't really teach. In Japan he scored goals, too. It wasn't a completely mind boggling transfer.

His technique didn't even look too bad, although the level of football in 2. Bundesliga was probably deceiving in that regard. And with a body like his you need to be able to do something other with the ball than run. And it's not like he's small but stocky, like many South Americans, he's just physically underwhelming overall.

So while he has some good attributes, I don't know if it's possible to really iron out his deficiencies at this point of his career - he's turning 24 already in November. Sure, he could built up some much needed muscle, but his technical abilities - passing, striking, controlling a ball - are just too underdeveloped coming through the japanese system and he's not a natural talent in that regard, as say Kagawa. It's not like there is something but it's not coming off, some basics are just non-existent.

That's why it's hard to sell him; right now he's just not cut out for european top level football at all. If he manages to get a bit more stocky and physically stable with a lot of work on his footballing abilities, he might cut it in a two striker formation. But it's just so much basics lacking - I don't know if he can do it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
What is our obsession with loaning terrible players. There's no way we cant find someone to buy him, or perez or campbell or whoever else. Cut the transfer fee to bluddy get them sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom