• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tammy Abraham

Do you want Tammy at Arsenal?

• Yes

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 45.9%
  • Don't care either

Votes: 20 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

idan

Players from Chelsea have been signed by us, and played well for us.

Maybe not recently with Cech, Luiz and Willian (though I think Luiz was somewhat decent, especially in the FA cup win) but Gallas (bar getting 10, and pre Birmingham) was very good for us, while Benayoun you could argue never had a bad game here...it's not a death sentence to sign someone from a rival, maybe not someone on their 30s though, that increases the risk tenfold.

Our fans aren't expecting him to be Drogba, and if they are then they are being kinda dumb...but he is a good young striker, who has potential, in a market that doesn't have that many great options and at a time when we probably can't attract great options either...if everything works out, this good be a very good deal for the club.
i dont think that's the best use of our money.
Since we dont have unlimited resources, signing Abraham would mean losing the option to strength other positions.
Our problem is finishing or creating chances? i think the latter one.
How much Tammy finishing ability or creating chances is better then Martinelli for example?
if it was a Van Persie type of player im all for it.
full disclosure, i watched Tammy limited amount of times, i based much of my opinion on YT and other forum members.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
The Arsenal fanbase is not the brightest though. I think even if Tammy comes and does ok he will be seen in a certain way.

Apart from his ability to run and him not being Lacazette he has none of the other typical traits that Arsenal fans care for.

Think it’s a bad signing.

So we're getting the Brexit Chamak?

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
not the Sanchez of last season. Can't remember of a player who went from being our best to being ****tiest in 1 season

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Sanchez went to a non English team when he left us (or even if we sold him to City in 2017) he would be remembered as our best ever Emirates era player.

Combination of quality/performances/trophies, shame...least he was crap at United.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Players from Chelsea have been signed by us, and played well for us.

Maybe not recently with Cech, Luiz and Willian (though I think Luiz was somewhat decent, especially in the FA cup win) but Gallas (bar getting 10, and pre Birmingham) was very good for us, while Benayoun you could argue never had a bad game here...it's not a death sentence to sign someone from a rival, maybe not someone on their 30s though, that increases the risk tenfold.

Our fans aren't expecting him to be Drogba, and if they are then they are being kinda dumb...but he is a good young striker, who has potential, in a market that doesn't have that many great options and at a time when we probably can't attract great options either...if everything works out, this good be a very good deal for the club.

Just wanted to let you know that I stopped reading at the name mentioned in bold.

200w.gif

Riou

Just wanted to let you know that I stopped reading at the name mentioned in bold.

200w.gif

Yossi was good here, I remember him saying he wanted Arsenal to get Top Four over Chelsea that season even though he was contracted to them...plus he got the winner over Sp**s in 2006 that stopped them finishing above us, always rated him.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Going from Lacazette to Abraham is rhe biggest striker downgrade in history of any football club except for going from RVP to Giroud.
If Abraham has pace and stamina that’s an automatic upgrade on Lacazette though.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
If Sanchez went to a non English team when he left us (or even if we sold him to City in 2017) he would be remembered as our best ever Emirates era player.

Combination of quality/performances/trophies, shame...least he was crap at United.
Nobody gave a **** he went to Man U, what are you on about? He is nowhere near the best Emirates era player. Top five maybe.

Riou

Nobody gave a **** he went to Man U, what are you on about? He is nowhere near the best Emirates era player. Top five maybe.

I am not counting players who had their best years at Highbury, while Cesc and Van Persie were better neither won trophies here post stadium move...so that's why Sanchez edges it for me.

Also it was a little embarrassing to lose one of our main players to a massive rival, for a fat guy that United didn't wat anymore.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I am not counting players who had their best years at Highbury, while Cesc and Van Persie were better neither won trophies here post stadium move...so that's why Sanchez edges it for me.

Also it was a little embarrassing to lose one of our main players to a massive rival, for a fat guy that United didn't wat anymore.
Again don't remember anyone caring about him going to Man U, in fact a lot of his fanboys were cheering him on because it made Wenger look bad in their eyes.

The reason he is not remembered as fondly is because just like with Ramsey he always had his detractors because they were selfish players that were accused of hampering team play.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@American_Gooner if we go with Auba/Martinelli for one season then go big next year. Is that player someone who replaces Auba or someone who plays backup?

Riou

in fact a lot of his fanboys were cheering him on because it made Wenger look bad in their eyes.

Sadly, this does sound like a lot of Arsenal fans back then...we are so weird :lol:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Going from Lacazette to Abraham is rhe biggest striker downgrade in history of any football club except for going from RVP to Giroud.

I don't even stan/like Giroud like Blaze or Jeeves, but he was and still is a better player than Lacazette.

And that is even without bringing in the fact that Giroud cost 1/5th of Laca's fee.

I don't think Lacazette is a bad played, by the way, but he brings very little to the table in a team like Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom