• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
This is my problem with the article, it’s another thinly veiled Arteta defence piece and why I’ve had to distance myself from Arsenal.

Arteta flirts with relegation so you suggest to keep him or see where this goes? Or we’re doomed regardless of what we try anyways? Sounds like throwing toys out the pram to me.

We had a World class manager thrown out over results..
We had a good manager then thrown out over results ..
We currently have a well spoken jabroni effectively taking himself out of the job by force despite having permission to lose matches and NOW it’s the players and Kronke.

Who says Arteta has to be the guy to lead this rebuild?
Xhaka,Willian, Eriksen, Garcia in whilst freezing out Saliba and Guendouzi sound like a rebuild?

These journalists and fans that mindlessly back Arteta are pathetic. Clubs gone to complete sh*t.

Goodluck.

Nothing wrong with that quote. Arteta is a symptom but Kroenke is the disease.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
First of all, what a terribly written article. And I mean terrible. From ghost ship to nuclear reactor, the man is obviously fond of trite metaphors and not very skilled at using them.

Second of all, according to the writer, because the ownership is rotten, we should just keep Arteta, allow ourselves to be relegated, and then what? try to force the Kronks into becoming good football owners?

For now we have this, corporate entropy soundtracked by the shrieks and howls of the boggle-eyed superfan, still out there urging this thing to breathe, stand up and walk among us again. Getting rid of Arteta may offer a brief defibrillation. But those howls of horror would be better turned towards a place higher up the chain.

And just to complete the circle the blame, for the players poor form he mentions the old theory that it is AFTV that's the cause. This one goes back to the Wenger days.

This is absolutely an "in defence of Arteta" piece. No one wrote these articles when it was Emery threatened with the sack, and last I looked, Kronks was the owner then too.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
First of all, what a terribly written article. And I mean terrible. From ghost ship to nuclear reactor, the man is obviously fond of trite metaphors and not very skilled at using them.

Second of all, according to the writer, because the ownership is rotten, we should just keep Arteta, allow ourselves to be relegated, and then what? try to force the Kronks into becoming good football owners?

And just to complete the circle the blame, for the players poor form he mentions the old theory that it is AFTV that's the cause. This one goes back to the Wenger days.

This is absolutely an "in defence of Arteta" piece. No one wrote these articles when it was Emery threatened with the sack, and last I looked, Kronks was the owner then too.

He didnt say that we should keep Arteta.

Legend14

Established Member
It's his club, he can do what he wants. Embrace it or leave.
I doubt the owner would agree with this statement; it’s completely bad for business.

Customers are actually critical to longevity, since Arsenal would have a tough time surviving with no fans. The owner is responsible for putting together a product that is appealing.

Arsenal is not a private golf club.

Legend14

Established Member

Maybe he can save the article for the next manager that fails? Or after we acquire the next 72m dud? Or the next time we banish a 350m a week player for footballing reasons? At what point would you give him permission to publish it?

Seems he is trying to present additional insight, but if you are fixated on Arteta Out as the one and only possible solution to this complex mess, then you probably aren’t ready to comprehend this. Just come back to it 6 months from now.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Maybe he can save the article for the next manager that fails? Or after we acquire the next 72m dud? Or the next time we banish a 350m a week player for footballing reasons? At what point would you give him permission to publish it?

Seems he is trying to present additional insight, but if you are fixated on Arteta Out as the one and only possible solution to this complex mess, then you probably aren’t ready to comprehend this. Just come back to it 6 months from now.

What additional insight? That Kronk's a rotten owner. Everyone has known that for years.

Where was that additional insight when Arteta was first hired. Why were there no articles warning us that we shouldn't expect miracles from doomed Chernobyl? That he won't be able to right the "ghost ship"? Why did Arteta suddently go from the club's great white hope to a doomed scientist now that he's brought us to relegation - note the scientist metaphor here, it was chosen to evoke".

You like the piece, be my guest. You're obviously the target audience.

Legend14

Established Member
What additional insight? That Kronk's a rotten owner. Everyone has known that for years.

Where was that additional insight when Arteta was first hired. Why were there no articles warning us that we shouldn't expect miracles from doomed Chernobyl? That he won't be able to right the "ghost ship"? Why did Arteta suddently go from the club's great white hope to a doomed scientist now that he's brought us to relegation - note the scientist metaphor here, it was chosen to evoke".

You like the piece, be my guest. You're obviously the target audience.
Everyone who wants the club to win and does not have a narrow agenda is the target audience. And no one needs your permission to read it.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
It's not about the investment for me. Since Kroenke took full control of the club only Man Utd have a larger net spent in world football. Its just he is totally clueless about football, is really hands off and incapable of putting in the right people to run the club. If u want to be so hands off and ensure ur investment is protected, surely u need to put in people who have relevant experience and have demonstrated success. He seems to be somewhat gullible by recruiting based upon recommendations from biased people in his existing network and people who can talk a good game but lack the relevant experience.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Everyone who wants the club to win and does not have a narrow agenda is the target audience. And no one needs your permission to read it.

Yet again you prove that reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Stan Kroenke is the bigger problem obviously.

No one is disputing that. But he's a perennial problem we can do nothing about, apart from switch clubs that is. The more immediately pressing problem however, & the only one we can solve, is undoubtedly Arteta.

Legend14

Established Member
No one is disputing that. But he's a perennial problem we can do nothing about, apart from switch clubs that is. The more immediately pressing problem however, & the only one we can solve, is undoubtedly Arteta.
Inaccurate. We need quality. That is our priority. How and when we get it is critical and the club will be evaluated on this alone in the next few weeks.

Arteta is a secondary priority, which was the nature of the article.

Legend14

Established Member
Yet again you prove that reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
You targeting me is a deflection from your weak agenda. I have nothing to do with Arsenal struggling to put quality on the field. Refocus. You are wasting everyone’s time with your remedial manager out campaign.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Kroenke Out!
Drayton-Park.jpg

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I don't think the article is a defence of Arteta only inasmuch as he is saying - what I believe - that the main problem at the Arsenal is Kronke.

Why blame the tea boy when the office manager doesn't know what he's doing?

In fact I wouldn't even go as far as that but I'd go further. Everyone assumes that the Kronkes are so bad because they know litte ot nothing about football. Not the problem, the problem is that in the same way that Mcdonalds is a property empire and not a cmpany which sells burgers fot eh kronkes the Arsenal is all about its property assets and not about its success on the pitch. It therefore follows that success on the pitch is irrelevant, and if it interferes with profitability the search for success is positively a BAD THING.

Which is what makes them totally unsuitable to run a football club. They have interest in it, they have no business desire to create a successful club. All they want is money.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Why blame the tea boy when the office manager doesn't know what he's doing?
The Kronkes are going nowhere that’s the problem, so tea boy haffi get sacked cause the tea is serving up is bullsh*t.

Look up the Arsenal black scarf movement if you have time - I doubt exists anymore but Kronke out is nothing new.

The Kronkes aren’t perfect or as aggressive and cerebral as Abromovich, but we could still do better in spite of them.

Their hands off approach is a gift and a curse - look at Wenger for example. They were more than fine with him doing whatever, it was the fans, media and boardroom politicking that actually got Wenger out.

Wenger was turning a profit without asking for much and taking all bullets, trust me if it were up to KSE Wenger would still be here.

KSE’s negligence has created a power vacuum which has left the likes of Raul and Mislentat squabbling for power. No doubt had Sven won that battle, we would probably be better off - cause he’d have the reigns and the team would look different.

Where we actually go wrong is the recruitment. KSE seem more than happy to hand over the reigns to anybody and support them, leaving them free to focus on the Rams or other ventures. We just keep getting this bit wrong.

I’ve said many times a superior Director is a solid medium to long term vision would potentially be better than a new manager coming in. Arteta is completely f*cking up the base and he has no one to put the arm around and tell him what’s normal and what is unacceptable.

Long post but I’ve been onto the Kronkes for years, read loads about them and unfortunately bringing them up everytime we go through a bad run of form does absolutely f*ck all.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom