• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Anti-Wish List

Bananacoffee

Why you guys don't want Icardi?

He is a fantastic cf. A cold blooded and ruthless finisher, always calm and composed in front of goal.

His link up play is poor and sometimes tend to disappear in middle of the games and pop out of nowhere to score odd goals.

He is gonna explode if he gets better service and here with players like Özil, would turn into a beast.

From what I've seen of him (most Inter games this season) he isn't exceptional physically, has bad link up play and is by and large invisible for the full 90 minutes.

The Inter service isn't that bad either, Perisic is a good player and so is Ljacic when he's in the mood.

Let's turn it around, why should we rate Icardi?

If we're just looking for a finisher there's 10 guys out there we could get. We're the Arsenal, we need more than just a finisher, we need a WC striker. You'd be foolish to go for Icardi when his countryman Higuain is tearing it up in the same league.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Theo ****ing Walcott has done more in Europe than this guy. DO. NOT. WANT.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Who gives a **** about Europe. We need to make up 13 points on Leicester in the league first :lol:

We're miles behind doing damage in the CL. Zlatan will do the business in the league no doubt.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Theo ****ing Walcott has done more in Europe than this guy. DO. NOT. WANT.
You do know which player went further and scored more goals this season in Europe?

I'm sure you do and your post is just you putting bait out there for others. Unless it's not and you don't genuinely no. In which case I suggest you double check and while at it look at their respective honours. Every area there is one clear winner. It's not even a contest.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
For those Icardi haters
Not a bad record for such a young player at a mess club under hod knows how many different coaches and systems

Haters gonna hate but he just scored another one from his first touch of the game, and it was a clinical one

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
People hate Icardi for all the Maxi Lopez ****.
I forgot all about that :lol:

Yeah, he's a real scumbag for that lol, but Karim Benzema's a bit scummy too and most of us would still want Arsenal to sign him. Icardi isn't a bad player IMO, but I don't think he will take us forward personally. Great finisher, which would be useful, but I don't know if the rest of his game is rounded enough.

EDIT: You could probably make the argument that he's better than what we have, but still, how much better?....

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
How mich better?
As a goalscoring striker who spends most of his time in sight of a goal he is much better then what we have.
I dont agree his game outside scoring is nad, cause its very good. He can hold the ball, has good football IQ, fights hard (many would say not, but its all coach thing when they want him to stay forward and forward only)

Not my wish or anything, but I rate him high and am surprised at times when people dont give him credit. So clinical and talented as a true CF

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I'd take Icardi in a heartbeat. Goalscoring is the best part of his game but he's a nice all round player, not like Hernandez or Defoe.

Icardi would hit 30 here no sweat, what he did to Maxi was the act of a scumbag. But if he's firing us toward the PL title I'll glass Maxi GDeep style if I ever saw him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Jokers. :lol:

Wonder what you lot were saying when Messi went five games without scoring or assisting a few days ago.

Don't use one game to judge a 22 year old Lukaku, if he played for us you would be calling him the next big thing.

chessygoal

Romelu Lukaku.
You seriously underestimate the value of a guy running around and bullying defender. Look at what Sanogo did for us, just by running around and using his feet randomly he added something else to our game.
I'd take Lukaku in a heartbeat and let's face it, we aren't getting anyone better (Lewa, Auba, Benz...)

Don't use one game to judge a 22 year old Lukaku, if he played for us you would be calling him the next big thing.

Firstly, when have I ever joked about anything?

Secondly, I have been on Lukaku case since Belgia and he has prove nothing but that he is big and powerful and would be useful for average mid table teams. Not teams that have higher ambitions like doing well in Champions league.

Technique beats everything, even pace and power.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Romelu is a usually good goalscorer - but definitely not the most technical of guys. Much better than Giroud though :lol: - there are players I'd like more, but he's a guy I wouldn't complain about too much as he has a multifaceted enough game to do well.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Firstly, when have I ever joked about anything?

Secondly, I have been on Lukaku case since Belgia and he has prove nothing but that he is big and powerful and would be useful for average mid table teams. Not teams that have higher ambitions like doing well in Champions league.

Technique beats everything, even pace and power.
You challenge me when many others don't, this is why you're a top 5 poster.

We will continue to disagree on this matter though. Technique is always very nice but it's overrated in strikers IMO, some of the very best strikers haven't been exceptional technicians.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom