• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Anti-Wish List

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't care about the price of the player any more. If we actually put all our a budget to good use then I would but it's not like the extra 10-20M we pay for X player would be going elsewhere.

If Icardi/Morata/Lukaku cost 60M then I want us to pay 60M.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Firstly, when have I ever joked about anything?

Secondly, I have been on Lukaku case since Belgia and he has prove nothing but that he is big and powerful and would be useful for average mid table teams. Not teams that have higher ambitions like doing well in Champions league.

Technique beats everything, even pace and power.
We've been the most technically gifted team in the league for this decade and beyond, what trophies have we won. Technique doesn't beat pace and power nor does pace and power beat technique, it's about a combination of all those attributes.

Thankfully we have no ambitions of doing well in the Champions League so Lukaku should as well come here.

Maxim

Diego Simeone

To be perfectly honest, I like watching attacking football and goals - lots of goals.

It's great to see the defensive displays that Atletico have put out against the likes of Bayern and Barca (despite the diving, feigning injury, time wasting and general ratfecking) but I would not want to see that every week.

Arsenal are currently scoring at a very similar rate to Atletico, but I'd much rather see 30+ goals scored than 20 less conceded.

I adored the fast attacking football played in the early noughties and would much rather see a return to that than a complete U-turn in style we'd see under a manager like Simeone.

No thanks.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Morata and Lukaku, their cost is ridiculous and you'd question whether either are a serious improvement or take us up a level. And on the off chance he gets linked to us Bony, ****ing dreadful, I think Morata and Lukaku are actually decent players but Bony is actually ****ing horrendous.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
PEA

Its a lose-lose. He's either going to cost a lot of money and not perform to justify the fee. Or he is going to become world class, have one great season then want to move to Real and we have the Cesc/RVP/Nasri toxicity again.

We need to target class players like Özil and Alexis who want us to bring in more class players here than move on elsewhere.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom