• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Battle of LCM.

Who is your chosen Left 8?

• Total voters

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Gotta be Vieira at the moment. He's had the best game there and seems to have a better understanding of the role since the start of the season. Final ball and movement will be crucial in what is largely an attacking role in the team.

Havertz has his pros as he wins a lot of duels high up the field and has good movement but he's not really doing anything significant on the ball, save for the odd decent passage.

ESR is the wildcard but on paper he's the best option by far. Not the best defender but he has the capacity for it, he has the movement, he's more effective on the ball and while he doesn't have as good a final ball as Vieira he's better in front of goal than both Vieira and Havertz. Problem is he has no currency in the team right now and has to grind his way back up. Not even close to fitness nor full pelt.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
LCM is not really our biggest problem yes the players there has to preform but we really not in trouble if they put average performance we still scoring creating and not getting outplayed in midfield the only issue they having is seem they failing to connect with Martinelli or offensively in general they seem shy to attack the box or making runs like Xhaka usually does and Xhaka is way slower than Kai and Vieira. just major lack of understanding with teammates

also remember these guys just starting to being used in this position Vieria rarely used there last season and Kai never played there in his career. i'd give it time before considering we should try and buy someone else next summer even tho next summer we likely end up buying midfielder or tow because Partey and Jorginho will leave.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I remember when you and RunTheTrap (and the rest of the forum) used to call Lacazette fatty continuously.

Now we have an actual quadruple chinned player who hasn’t started a competitive match for Arsenal in over 400 days before yesterday dominating the polls in the present day purely because of popularity.

It’s really funny how life works.
I’m the one who opened your eyes to people judging players off popularity so it’s not me who needs to hear this.

Plus I’d slaughter Lacazette for some of Nketiah’s performances so I can’t talk but Lacazette was supposed to be a superstar but he was fat and slow I’m sorry to say.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
On present evidence I don't know how you pick anyone but Vieira. It's a small sample size for all of them but Vieira certainly has made the biggest impact and although he's not the strongest, he fared very well against Everton. Both ESR and Havertz have got positives at opposite ends of the spectrum but on this very little sample size, Vieira has been clear of both.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Right now it's Vieira. When Partey is available it's Rice. Long term you hope it's Havertz. ESR is actually a superb fit for the role but he's too injury prone.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Actually looking these guys being an option for our starting 11 no way we thought we were gonna win the league this season.

Top 4 if we’re lucky, need to invest in winter and cut the losses with Havertz.

Sparrahork

The best left midfielder at the club by a country mile is zinchenko. Interesting to see whether we use him there next season with timber behind him, or the same with Tomi this season.

Zinny is so effective in his current role that I dont see him being a full time LCM anytime soon.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Actually looking these guys being an option for our starting 11 no way we thought we were gonna win the league this season.

He's an Arteta project.

Unless he comes back overweight and decides to give up on his contract, we're stuck with him.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
On present evidence I don't know how you pick anyone but Vieira. It's a small sample size for all of them but Vieira certainly has made the biggest impact and although he's not the strongest, he fared very well against Everton. Both ESR and Havertz have got positives at opposite ends of the spectrum but on this very little sample size, Vieira has been clear of both.

Hale End innit.

Same reason we have a special love for Saka more than a guy like Jesus, and many guys here have a soft spot for Nelson/Nketiah etc.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade

Yeah we somehow downgraded on Xhaka. Unless any of these guys randomly becomes elite or at least decent then yeah it’s curtains for title race

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
@albakos Opinions on this thread?
:lol:
All I can say is that the "Xhaka is the easiest pLaYeR tO uPgRaDe" brigade in A-M have all gone quiet, but hey that's A-M ball knowledge. And you know well how much his leadership and football intelligence is missed this season.

The 3 players of this poll clearly reflect the massive drop in quality for the options at Xhaka's position of last year.

All 3 of them cannot do together what Xhaka did himself for last season :popcorn:

Buhry

Established Member

The elephant in the room here is that most would be better from RCM. I don't think Ødegaard would suffer playing LCM, but the only thing is the dynamics with Saka/White.

But regardless ESR is by far my preferred choice, Vieira has shown a bit but when it mattered he was hooked vs Sp**s. I don't even consider Havertz.

You don't think so? Lots of his goals come from him cutting inside to his left foot, his right foot is horrible. I don't think he's played on the left in his entire career. He's always played on the right or middle for Norway as well.

Also I liked a lot from ESR yesterday but he looks kinda unfit. He just isn't as lean as our other players. Not sure if he is serious enough. His cheeks were always a bit fluffy but not as much as now.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
:lol:
All I can say is that the "Xhaka is the easiest pLaYeR tO uPgRaDe" brigade in A-M have all gone quiet, but hey that's A-M ball knowledge. And you know well how much his leadership and football intelligence is missed this season.

The 3 players of this poll clearly reflect the massive drop in quality for the options at Xhaka's position of last year.

All 3 of them cannot do together what Xhaka did himself for last season :popcorn:
He should have been easier to upgrade tbh, as much as I liked Xhaka the last season or 2. Arteta decided to go galaxy brain but there were better options than Havertz. ESR obviously has his fitness issues but I reckon he could get to a very high level.

I'll caveat that I wanted to keep Xhaka this Summer and sell Partey (for off pitch reasons).

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom