• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Mind Series: Tottenham Hotspurs vs Arsenal | Sunday, August 8 | KO: 14:00 BST | Arsenal.com

Match prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Quite boring having -273737 enthusiasm for the start of the season. No pre season fan delusion, no players i believe in, don’t care for the manager, know we’ll lose every other week. It’s weird but I’ll always watch arsenal in some capacity. My other job!

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

This is why you don't play Chelsea and Sp**s in friendlies, just before the season.

Having lost both, the fans are in a bad mood, which puts even more pressure on the Brentford game.

This club is ridiclous.

I’ve been in a bad mood regarding Arsenal for a while now. One meaningless friendly game isn’t going to change that.

Blaziken

I don't see how any decent manager would want to coach this sack of ****. no funds, **** players and a toxic deluded fanbase ffs.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We are such a weird team.

We played well in that game, especially the first half...White defended very well individually, Lokonga controlled the midfield...yet we probably should have lost that game 3-0.

Hope we improve, though with the injuries we have atm, not too hopeful with our start to the season.

Controlling or possessing the ball doesn't necessarily translate into playing well IMO. Its becoming clearer that the opposition would gladly give us the ball and allow us to go at them, with the comfort that our patterns are predictable and blunt. This allows the opposition to get us out of shape and attack that vulnerability.

The best thing Arteta can do now, is revert back to the bottom table style that helped him along last season, namely sitting back and waiting for the counter attack. Its safer and more likely to gather him the points he needs.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Question: at what point can you call yourself not an arsenal supporter anymore? Like its Arsenal-Sp**s and I didnt even tune in. And I dont have anything else to do but doing nothing is better than watching Arsenal now.

- I don’t want to watch because I know how it will go most of the time

- If I watch I’m super negative all the time

I just hope this goes away when Arteta is gone. I wasn’t enjoying it last season of Wenger but I never felt almost hatred for Arsenal. Now I do. There are people at my club that make me actually hate them.
I agree, then you have all those pro arteta trying to find new and ridiculous excuses. I just want to punch them their face.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I don't see how any decent manager would want to coach this sack of ****. no funds, **** players and a toxic deluded fanbase ffs.

You need to look a bit closer, because we have a good crop of players who can play much better than the rubbish we are seeing. Put this team in the hands of an experienced, progressive coach and you will see change.

Multipass

Things I learnt but actually already knew:

- aubameyang doesn’t work on the left in this formation - doesn’t contribute, not enough goLs
- We have a good player in Ben White and our other two new signings are also promising but ones for the future
- Bellerin still can’t cross
- AMN somehow the best right back we’ve got
- Laca tries and will get goals over the course of the season but not enough for top4 alone
- ESR still drifts out of the game too long
- Pepe’s first touch is world class but he only gets to use it along the touch line
- Leno is a top shot stopper but distribution still puts the defence under pressure
- All our hopes are pinned on Saka this season

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I just try to mostly crack jokes and start sh*t with my friends in GCs or with people on this forum. It’s funner just to not take it too seriously and have an agenda.
I honestly don’t want to watch anymore. It makes me very sad. I don’t want the CL or the League, let the oil clubs have it, football has sold his soul anyway so really those trophies don’t have much meaning anymore imo.

I just want the few people steering this club to make the right choices and make the best of what we have. That’s all. It’s really not that hard. But from the Leno over Emi choice, to the treatment of Saliba, to refusing to play the kids for a long time and persisting with trash, the Willian contract, playing Auba on LW it really isn’t that hard. We shoot ourselves in the foot and start 2-0 behind and I am really tired of it and not looking forward to what dumb **** we will do next. I really hope we can count on the match going fans to put maximum pressure on Arteta. Really doesn’t deserve much credit or support.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why the hell is he being so cryptic on Joe?

Just say we are selling him, everyone knows that's what's happening :lol:

Let's play Aubamawang

I know they're just friendlies, but it's very demoralising going into the new season having lost to two of the teams we hope to compete against. Granted Chelsea game should have been 2-2, but losing to Sp**s at any time is unacceptable imo. And it isn't as if any of the major issues from last season have been addressed yet. Still toothless and apoplectic up front, not enough control in midfield, not enough good chances being created..oh and still gifting chances at the back...

Arsenal is basically just what happens when your girlfriend gets fat and rank. You know what she used to be like so you hold on in hope she changes until eventually the scales tip too far to wrong way.

I like chubby girls with tattoos and well done make up! Def in my top5 types.

Reactions: A_G

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
No points in this little comp. It's been quite an encouraging pre season so far helped by hearing Sp**s are in for Lautaro Martinez. I'm not sure what Arteta is going to do in four days to make us register even one goal vs Brentford. He might be gone before the kids go back to school at this rate.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Things I learnt but actually already knew:

- aubameyang doesn’t work on the left in this formation - doesn’t contribute, not enough goLs
- We have a good player in Ben White and our other two new signings are also promising but ones for the future
- Bellerin still can’t cross
- AMN somehow the best right back we’ve got
- Laca tries and will get goals over the course of the season but not enough for top4 alone
- ESR still drifts out of the game too long
- Pepe’s first touch is world class but he only gets to use it along the touch line
- Leno is a top shot stopper but distribution still puts the defence under pressure
- All our hopes are pinned on Saka this season

Saying it will be a long season may be an understatement.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Yeah, fans are super hyped on Tierney, I just think he kills too many of our attacks. We'll have to wait and see how good Tavares is at defending
TBF when you have auba in front of you its super easy to kill our attacks.
Auba & Pepe were poor today & ESR meh. When 3 out of the front 4 dont perform well you are gonna struggle big time.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I remember under Arsène, we used to do the fabled Emirates Cup and Amsterdam Tournament Double...now we can't even get a point in the ****ing "mind series" :facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom