• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread - Winter 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

eye4goal

Established Member
Re: Transfer Deadline Day Countdown (31/01/2011 23:00 GMT)

They have surely killed their chance of finishing 4th by selling Torres to Chelsea.

banduan

Established Member

Am I the only one what thinks Liverpool got the good end of the bargain? Torres (crock, out of form, uncertain motivation) let go for 50m, Carrol (young, talented and motivated) in for 35m?

scytheavatar

Established Member

banduan said:
Am I the only one what thinks Liverpool got the good end of the bargain? Torres (crock, out of form, uncertain motivation) let go for 50m, Carrol (young, talented and motivated) in for 35m?

Carroll has a huge reputation of being a nutcase, in the mold of Barton, and has assaulted his former girlfrield before. That should have raised the flags of anyone trying to sign him. I do think that he is no Darren Bent and he has some talent in him, but whether or not Liverpool can bring out that talent in him is a big question.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member

This is madness. The 3 clubs involved on deadline day, all making outrageously pointless decisions based on panic attacks. Arsenal are the only club sensible enough to not get involved in these type of insane business.

There is light

OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
This is a table of spending I've gotten off another site:
file.php

Wo that's a good one, didn't imagine we would be 20th on that list though. Outrageous by city there, more than 4 times everyone else. Compare them with blackpool. But no doubt we are the best managed club.

What a great transfer window this one! Complete entertainment, i can feel for some pool fans though, carroll's a big big star overnight, desperate stuff from the board, and the hilarious thing is they wouldn't buy a left back, well maybe now they will play agger there who is a better CB than skrtel, but glen johnson at LB ? :lol: Really hope chelsea can beat ManU 2 out of 2 now with these 2 hefty signings..definitely makes them stronger.

KY

Established Member

How is chelsea only at four million?

Sover

KY said:
How is chelsea only at four million?

The table starts from 2006, which is after Chelsea made a lot of big signings. Likewise, United signed Rooney before that table, it really depends where you draw the line. A better table to gauge spending might be since the EPL was established. The Man City figure is also distorted by some silly spending on average players by Mark Hughes.

squallkid

Established Member

I still can't wrap my head around yesterday

Andy ****ing Caroll for 35 million pounds, what the **** were Liverpool thinking?

Wenger must have been rolling about with laughter yesterday

fabo

6.51 / 10

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHlm_Vk5aBQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHlm_Vk5aBQ</a>

Must be tough for Pool fans to watch this.

entropy13

Established Member

Quite obvious that Mike Ashley wanted the 35m :lol:

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Somehow I believe Carroll about not wanting to leave.
Carroll told the Newcastle Evening Chronicle on Tuesday: "[Managing director] Derek [Llambias] asked me to hand in a transfer request, so I was pushed into a corner and had no choice. I wasn't wanted by them and they made it clear they wanted the money.

"Then I flew down in (owner Mike Ashley's) helicopter. I didn't want to leave. I'm gutted that I wasn't wanted at my home team after everything I have done and the progress I have made. I didn't want to leave at all. Make sure they know I didn't want to leave. The players, staff and fans were fantastic.''
vs
Pardew's quote
"Personally, I'm disappointed. He's a lovely lad, and I really like him, but it was his decision, and you can't change that. Was this about football? That's what you have to ask. I don't think it was.

Meatwad

carroll is talking crap, probably just wants to be able to go back to newcastle. and ashley is a convenient target because everyone up there hates him already. why would newcastle engage is such a lame PR exercise when ashley has proven he could give a **** about what newcastle fans think. they rejected the 35m bid the first time (this is after they rejected 30m) and only accepted it after the transfer request. also why would carroll submit a transfer request and pass up on his cut of the transfer fee because some director backed you into a corner. only these idiotic newcastle fans that you see protesting everything on sky would buy that ****.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
file.php
Very misleading though. Add 80m to Manure's one and you see what I mean

GDeep™

League is very weak

Last season Carroll scored 11 goals in Englands 2nd tier, couple of months later he is the most expensive English player in history, amazing.

Y va marquer

Established Member

Robbie “I can only do what I usually do and just be myself” Keane

I’d be ill if I were a West Ham fan.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Clrnc said:
OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
file.php
Very misleading though. Add 80m to Manure's one and you see what I mean

Yup, that one transfer pushes them from 14th to 3rd, just behind Spuds and Man City. They spend, alright...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004
Top Bottom