• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Transfer Deadline Countdown Thread - Summer 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBL

Established Member
Any new links, rumours, news etc in here.

Keep it relevant and keep it brief, we already have threads in Arsenal Talk for more specific transfer topics.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Re: The transfer window countdown - 5 days left

Jesus Christ - 5 days? Hadn't actually dawned on me we'd left ourselves with so much to do in such a brief time.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Yeah, so I got this song in my head and now it won't go away.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw&ob=av3e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw&ob=av3e</a>

I thought I'd punish you for doing this to me by posting it up here 8))

In other news, I genuinely believe we're not signing anyone else now. Might put a fiver on it at the bookies.

The Escaped Ape

Nasty, nasty feeling that this last week of the window is going to be like a lot of recent window final stretches. :(

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

5 days left FFS wenger get it done, spend spend spend.

dpt49

Established Member
Florent Malouda

Just seen this on Yahoo Sport.
Looks like an odd transfer target

ARSENAL TRYING TO POACH CHELSEA STAR

Arsène Wenger is considering a shock move for Chelsea star Florent Malouda, who has rejected a move to Juventus in order to try and stay in the Premier League.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Re: Florent Malouda

No thanks. He's had one good season for Chelsea, but that's it.
He's a decent player, but we can surely do better, unless there are no other targets.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Re: Florent Malouda

Is that an attempt by us to park our tank on Chelseas front lawn? :lol:

I'd take him.

ricky1985

Established Member

I rate Malouda, very solid player, wouldn't say no.

ricky1985

Established Member

We're reportedly in for Papis Cisse, the prolific Freiburg striker. Fee mentioned is around £13M.

Floating

Established Member
Eljero Elia

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7126664,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 64,00.html</a>?

Another link to Elia. How has he been performing at Hamburg? A lot of Gooners wanted us to sign him 2 years ago.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Cisse has been fantastic for Freiburg last season (22 goals in 32 games), and after a summer of speculation about his future (linked to Bayern Munich, wants to leave Freiburg), he's started this campaign quite well with Freiburg (4 goals in 3 games).

Now that Bayern have said their transfer dealings are done for this window, I wouldn't be surprised if we're in for him. Freiburg's manager Dufner has also confirmed they've received bids for him already (from the PL and Russia).

Wouldn't mind him here, good finisher.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Eljero Elia

Skysports.com understands that Arsenal have made an enquiry for Hamburg winger Eljero Elia.

The Gunners are looking to strengthen their squad before next Wednesday's transfer deadline and are in particular need of new creative talent after selling Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas to Manchester City and Barcelona respectively.

Wenger has funds to spend with the money generated from their departures and should be able to attract top-quality players after ensuring progression to the group phase of the UEFA Champions League.

He is considering his options and is now believed to have identified Netherlands international Elia as a transfer target.

It is thought that Arsenal have contacted Hamburg to enquire about the availability of the highly-rated 24-year-old.

Hamburg rejected an offer from Juventus for Elia earlier in the transfer window but the head coach of the German team, Michael Oenning, admitted on Thursday that his performances during the early part of the season had not been good enough.

Elia is under contract at Hamburg until 2014 after arriving at the club from FC Twente for a fee of around £7.5million two summers ago.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7126664,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 64,00.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I started the Gervinho thread and we signed him, perhaps it'll be 2 for 2?

viper_001

Established Member
Re: Eljero Elia

Elia is much more experienced and physically able to adapt to the premier league. He's 24 years old, has played at the highest level in Holland & Germany. He has played in the champions league AND the world cup. How in any possible way does he compare with Chamberlain and Ryo? :lol:

viper_001

Established Member

arsenallegends said:
He's grown up a bit then. Still can't gravitate towards this, would much rather see the two we have.

Last time we saw Elia was 08/09 when he played for Twente. Since then he's won the Dutch league, named Dutch Footballer of the Year in 2009, moved to Hamburg SV in Bundesliga and won 22 caps with the Dutch NT. He was also called up for the world cup and featured throughout, even playing in the finals.

24 years old and with quite a bit of experience at the top level and plenty of room to grow. Would have him here in a heartbeat. He would instantly make an impact.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Beksl said:
I thought he's destined to Real, they were heavily linked with him.

Good player, would love to see him here, would mean Arshavin is off IMO.

Not too bothered if Shava is off, we should flog him to Anzhi. Not seen enough of Elia to be excited by any potential rumours though.

IBL

Established Member
Re: THE TRANSFER WINDOW COUNTDOWN - 5 days left

all, looks like this thread isnt going to plan as links are popping up like mad every minute :shock:

So those of you who created seperate threads, apologies and feel free to start them up again (I'd do it myself but wont be able to until tomorrow now).

We'll keep this thread going as a general countdown thread and I'll condense it now for ease of reading.

Thanks

Godsend_Gooner

Re: THE TRANSFER WINDOW COUNTDOWN - 5 days left

Some Hints:

1) Gazidis says that we are looking at adding some experience.

2) Wenger says if he can get 2-3 players in, he can challenge.

3) He's looking for a striker to replace Bendy.

4) We have officialy bid for Cahill.

5) Wenger says we are short in midfield

So out of that 2-3, One's Cahill and one's maybe a striker. Leaves room for a central midfielder or an attacking midfielder. Hazard or M'Vila maybe? Do you think we will get in 2-3 players before the transfer window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom