• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Seb Ferdinand has had an impressive season so far. A nice balance to his game.

Also nice to have a right footed player from all the lefties the academy seems to be producing.
He looked really bright. Very threatening. Reminds me a bit of Butler-Oyedeji when he first became a scholar but he seems a bit more decisive in the final 3rd than the latter was at the same stage.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I assume we are moving towards the time that a loan might be contemplated? If so, what could be a good fit for him?
Not sure. Most people seem to be worried for him because of how small he is but he's tough for his size and regularly rolls bigger guys. Has nice acceleration too to get away from people. I think Championship isn't the worst idea.

Afro Mugo

Not sure. Most people seem to be worried for him because of how small he is but he's tough for his size and regularly rolls bigger guys. Has nice acceleration too to get away from people. I think Championship isn't the worst idea.
I've been watching Leeds winger Gnonto who looks as tiny as ACD , maybe slightly taller and I've jumped fully onto the ACD hive.. I think with the PL becoming as good as it is especially with lesser focus on big strong players with poor technical ability, smaller gifted players have better chances than previously. Even in Dubai despite Juventus defenders bullying him , he didn't look out of place. Also being a left footed winger at a time when they have become scarce is a good thing. He's been travelling a lot with the first team so atleast Arteta rates him and he is proving to be to wingers what Wenger was to Strikers

Afro Mugo

On another note.. Michael Rosiak will be another player to follow keenly .. Tall Technically gifted CM who's now being shifted to RB like Sweet. He is equally good with both feet. I think In the documentary I saw the coach telling him to switch feet when taking a set piece. Nwaneri Lewis Skelly aside , he may be the talent to watch out for in this u18 team together with Benjamin. Also, according to Jack, he lives and breathes football.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
On another note.. Michael Rosiak will be another player to follow keenly .. Tall Technically gifted CM who's now being shifted to RB like Sweet. He is equally good with both feet. I think In the documentary I saw the coach telling him to switch feet when taking a set piece. Nwaneri Lewis Skelly aside , he may be the talent to watch out for in this u18 team together with Benjamin. Also, according to Jack, he lives and breathes football.
Was he the one that was injured for a while?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Wtf we have a Russian-Colombian goalkeeper? Alexei Rojas Fedorushchenko. What a name. This boy’s going straight to the top.

Afro Mugo

Was he the one that was injured for a while?
Yes he's been injured for the first part of the season, and it says alot that he's come back , and played RB with Robinson on the bench. I prefer him at CDM as he's passing, and close control under pressure Is really good but it seems that he is equally good as a RB in this Arteta system.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I've been watching Leeds winger Gnonto who looks as tiny as ACD , maybe slightly taller and I've jumped fully onto the ACD hive.. I think with the PL becoming as good as it is especially with lesser focus on big strong players with poor technical ability, smaller gifted players have better chances than previously. Even in Dubai despite Juventus defenders bullying him , he didn't look out of place. Also being a left footed winger at a time when they have become scarce is a good thing. He's been travelling a lot with the first team so atleast Arteta rates him and he is proving to be to wingers what Wenger was to Strikers
Yeah I've kept an eye on Gnonto. He looks quite good and I actually think Cozier-Duberry might have a higher ceiling so it does bode well. I am impressed with Cozier-Duberry's ability to ride challenges, he has Saka-like balance which I guess brings the comparisons even harder.
Michael Rosiak is very interesting. I really liked some of the passes he played, especially on Cozier-Duberry's goal - his ball to Lewis-Skelly is a really clever one and I think with the Fresneda deal potentially falling through, his development will be of significant interest if he manages to play his way into the U21 side. I do hope we start to loan the top performers in the U21 team from now - the biggest problem we had earlier is that we took too long to loan them and now they're 20 year olds with 0 first team experience (Matt Smith a perfect example of someone who was loaned too late, although he at least now has solid EFL experience behind him). I'd even entertain a Cozier-Duberry loan this January - only reason I see it not happening is that they'll want to use him in the Youth Cup as they look as though they're going for it this season. Jack's gonna have the best players at his disposal for it so that should be interesting.

Afro Mugo

Wtf we have a Russian-Colombian goalkeeper? Alexei Rojas Fedorushchenko. What a name. This boy’s going straight to the top.
😂😂We have very interesting names in our academy.. In the age groups below we have Louis Zecevic-John, David Mendonca , Domeiro Bob-Semple , Brando Bailey-Joseph and Macaulay Zepa-Adams

Afro Mugo

The Youth Cup game tonight is being streamed on arsenal.com

7pm kickoff so in about 15 mins

Thats a very strong squad, and with Ethan and Kamara on the bench , we have a good chance to change the game if needed. I know its a bit premature but this team is probably as good as the Balogun generation, only that most play u21 football.

Afro Mugo

You can tell that Adrian Blake has played for Watford first team and Rosiak is an u18 player with one u21 appearance. Rookie mistake to not close down your winger until that ball goes out and allow him to cross with his strong foot

Afro Mugo

Terrible goals to concede. Rosiak the weak point there but both Quamina and Sousa have started slowly.

Lewis-Skelly and Cozier-Duberry a level above. Ferdinand dangerous aswell. Need Nwaneri on.
Im very disappointed with Sousa. Hes the most experienced arsenal player on that pitch , with Walters, if we count how many times they train with first team yet he's been very slow and without intensity. ACD on the other hand, he is ready for mens football.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Im very disappointed with Sousa. Hes the most experienced arsenal player on that pitch , with Walters, if we count how many times they train with first team yet he's been very slow and without intensity. ACD on the other hand, he is ready for mens football.
Walters does look good though tbf. Always solid.

Afro Mugo

Ill be really disappointed if we lose this match. Of the Category 1 teams , its only City, West Ham, Fulham remaining in the competition. On a more positive note , I like how they completely mirror the first team.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom