• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Question for the academy experts, what happened with Sagoe jr? at one point I thought he was doing better than Duberry

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Question for the academy experts, what happened with Sagoe jr? at one point I thought he was doing better than Duberry
Sagoe was never better than Duberry. I like Sagoe, two footed and a good dribbler, also scored some clutch goals, but Duberry always had that extra level of dynamism.

Afro Mugo

Ayden Heaven aka Ayden John

Surprise Surprise. Hale End and another left footed player. He's another highly rated player who has passed through both Chelsea and West Ham, plays both CB and DM. Most remember him from the Hale End documentary as the then u15 captain who was very hard on his teammates and was told to chill out. Him and Bless Akolbire play very similarly though Bless is more attacking minded

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Surprise Surprise. Hale End and another left footed player. He's another highly rated player who has passed through both Chelsea and West Ham, plays both CB and DM. Most remember him from the Hale End documentary as the then u15 captain who was very hard on his teammates and was told to chill out. Him and Bless Akolbire play very similarly though Bless is more attacking minded
I was JUST coming to post this 😂😂

He looks better than I expected!! Well, Wilsheres midfield next season is sorted with Akilbore and Heaven alongside Copley most likely. Who are the new potential scholars? Need to refresh my memory.

Afro Mugo

He wasn't doing better than Duberry but Duberry was less impactful last season as he played LWB/LB mostly but this season they decided its best to play him fully as a RW. I still think Sagoe Jr will have a top level career just not at Arsenal especially as we are back to being a CL team and only the creme de la creme will make it.

Afro Mugo

I was JUST coming to post this 😂😂

He looks better than I expected!! Well, Wilsheres midfield next season is sorted with Akilbore and Heaven alongside Copley most likely. Who are the new potential scholars? Need to refresh my memory.
Hahaaa. For next year the players to keep an eye on are Camron Ismail (LB), Owen Asemota (GK) and Khari Ranson (though still u15gk) , Dan "Griezmann" Casey (8/10 CM)..- Bless Akolbire CM/DM Ayden Heaven CM/DM , Louie Copley CM, Teo Minchev (CB), and Will Sweet (CB). Then there are u15s Chido Obi (CF), Louis Zecevic-John(Winger) and Theo Julienne (CM) rated very highly. One of the key players of this age group Femi Fapetu joined Man City in the summer.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hahaaa. For next year the players to keep an eye on are Camron Ismail (LB), Owen Asemota (GK) and Khari Ranson (though still u15gk) , Dan "Griezmann" Casey (8/10 CM)..- Bless Akolbire CM/DM Ayden Heaven CM/DM , Louie Copley CM, Teo Minchev (CB), and Will Sweet (CB). Then there are u15s Chido Obi (CF), Louis Zecevic-John(Winger) and Theo Julienne (CM) rated very highly. One of the key players of this age group Femi Fapetu joined Man City in the summer.
Honestly that's not a bad set of prospects at all. The current crop are setting a high bar though.

Forgot all about Chido Obi, he's meant to be gravy from what I've seen. Looks massive too, 6'3 already. Looks like we will be a pretty tall team. Daniel Oyetunde looked lively aswell.

Geofranco

Never get tired of watching lanky slick merchants glide across the pitch. Also another left footed player 😂

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
This take may be a tad unpopular but Lewis-Skelly for me looks a brighter talent than Nwaneri. Of course I think both are outstanding prospects but Lewis-Skelly looks absolutely unreal.

Afro Mugo

This take may be a tad unpopular but Lewis-Skelly for me looks a brighter talent than Nwaneri. Of course I think both are outstanding prospects but Lewis-Skelly looks absolutely unreal.
I understand why it may seem so..he's profile is very rare and unique. It's good to remember he's also six months older. Nwaneri is still only 15 for another month . I'm happy he's signed as rumour has it City and Chelsea are both offering very huge bag for Ethan which has slightly turned his head. All we can do is hope he sees the clear opportunity he has to our first team.

Geofranco

Skelly is more physically dominant. He imposes his will on almost every game, but Nwaneri has a bit more guile and cleaner technique. Both are top talents who compliment each other very well.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Palace beat us 4-3 at the death. Some issues getting the ball past Palace' press but the football looks good still. Some great finishes from Osman Kamara and Michael Rosiak - two stars of the Youth Cup run. Kamara is really starting to kick on while Rosiak is clearly standing out as one of the top scholars.

Afro Mugo

Palace beat us 4-3 at the death. Some issues getting the ball past Palace' press but the football looks good still. Some great finishes from Osman Kamara and Michael Rosiak - two stars of the Youth Cup run. Kamara is really starting to kick on while Rosiak is clearly standing out as one of the top scholars.
Our league position may not be as good , Wilshere(first season as coach tax) but I've been impressed with the style of play even when I watch the youth cup. There is some very good talent in the group all over the pitch. Aside from Rosiak , whom I've already sang enough praises and have most hope for in the group excluding MLS and Ethan. Kamara has impressed me a lot especially as he is the youngest in the group obviously excluding MLS and Nwaneri. He is very direct and makes very good decisions across the frontline. Ferdinand is also a very good prospect especially as a traditional right winger.. his close control , decisions, link up off the right and intensity is very good but needs to improve his left foot to play inverted which is the norm for wingers today. Cooper , the GK has also impressed me especially as he started the season as third choice and he's now started most games. Finally , Omari Benjamin goals per game ratio is as good as Eddie and Flo..

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal looked a tad unfortunate to lose to Sp**s 3-2 on the weekend, but some pretty lax defending put paid to that. Think that's one area Wilshere could be better.

We need to start talking about Osman Kamara though, emerging as a top talent in this group. Some really good dribbling and a nice little collection of goals now. He'll be a big weapon in the Youth Cup and might actually keep Ferdinand out (who I rate aswell). I did initially think the wingers in this group weren't saying that much but I've been pleasantly surprised!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Kamara looks a real talent. Will be interesting to see how he progresses over the next 18 months. Feel there is potential for a fast track
Doesn't have major competition at LW right now. We have Sagoe Jr who will probably end up on loan to League 1 next season and Ideho who I don't really rate highly. God knows what happens with Kido Taylor-Hart. Kamara has a strong claim for that spot if he finishes the season as strong as he's currently playing, especially if the u18s win the cup.

I've been impressed not just by his pace and dribbling but the high level of technique present in his play, especially his finishes which have been mostly very good. I think him and Cozier-Duberry on opposite wings is quite a good academy achievement.

Afro Mugo

Arsenal looked a tad unfortunate to lose to Sp**s 3-2 on the weekend, but some pretty lax defending put paid to that. Think that's one area Wilshere could be better.

We need to start talking about Osman Kamara though, emerging as a top talent in this group. Some really good dribbling and a nice little collection of goals now. He'll be a big weapon in the Youth Cup and might actually keep Ferdinand out (who I rate aswell). I did initially think the wingers in this group weren't saying that much but I've been pleasantly surprised!

I think they needed some time to adapt to the level considering none of them made any appearances last season. Kamara's ball striking is really good because he's played as a number 9 a lot.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Youth Cup Semi Final is today. Being streamed on Arsenal.com

Massive massive game against Man City. Wilshere will have his work cut out but we have a very spirited and determined team so it should be an exciting match up whatever the score.

I think the lineup for this will be:

Cooper
Rosiak Robinson Walters Sousa
Ibrahim Lewis-Skelly Nwaneri
Cozier-Duberry Benjamin Kamara

Can't wait.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I hope they just keep them competitive. City is the best team in the country at this level. Last 16 they have 14 wins and 2 draws and battering everyone.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Didn't expect Gower to start but perhaps Nwaneri will play #9 and Benjamin will go LW. They might feel Kamara better as a substitute for this game. I'm excited. This is gonna be a really hard game but I have a feeling we can have a good match against them.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom