• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Cozier Duberry was a bit greedy earlier. Should have cut it back for Nwaneri (I think). He's had the better of the full back so we should coast these guys in the 2nd half.
Agree. Just need to pass the ball quicker, a few too many touches. Nwaneri, Lewis-Skelly and Rosiak been top class.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
We seem a bit lax because we are thinking "They're just Cambridge". Now we need to.......... And as I type we have a penalty!!! :lol:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This whole competition is kinda pointless when there is a team way way better than rest in it

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I’m just saying Man City puts 5 past any team in this competition. We have poor academy tbh. We tend to get 1-2 good attackers. But the standard of defenders and midfielders we created is poor
How many defenders and midfielders have Chelsea and Man City produced that are top class?? There is a big chance Lewis-Skelly and Patino make it here. Also like the look of Zach Awe, Monlouis as Central defenders. Most of the academy players for Man City will not be premier league level players no matter how much they dominate youth football.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

How many defenders and midfielders have Chelsea and Man City produced that are top class?? There is a big chance Lewis-Skelly and Patino make it here. Also like the look of Zach Awe, Monlouis as Central defenders. Most of the academy players for Man City will not be premier league level players no matter how much they dominate youth football.
Tomori and Guehi both played for England. Livramento was doing well in the pl until his injury

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
That was a great game. Cambridge were well up for it and their fans were good too. Bit of banter between 2 sets.

Thought despite the 2 goals we defended well. Walters and Robinson were class and Sousa and Rosiak were motm contenders - Rosiak for me.

Lewis-Skelly had a solid game as always. I'll add more later.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
That was a great game. Cambridge were well up for it and their fans were good too. Bit of banter between 2 sets.

Thought despite the 2 goals we defended well. Walters and Robinson were class and Sousa and Rosiak were motm contenders - Rosiak for me.

Lewis-Skelly had a solid game as always. I'll add more later.
Alright, had time to marinate on that game. Was a lively cup tie and I felt we weren't at our sharpest but it was still a very solid outing buoyed by a very confident performance from our deeper lying players and a performance from Cozier-Duberry that suggests he's becoming increasingly confident and influential. He along with Nwaneri basically dictated our attack, and while Nwaneri got a little gassed out at the end (he is, after all, FIFTEEN), Cozier-Duberry remained influential throughout. It even seemed like he was getting a little greedy at points - electing to dribble when he could perhaps have passed but this seems to be a theme in Wilshere's team at the moment; it looks as though he gives them a LOT of room to be expressive while embodying the principles of the first team but this is leading to a deluge of swashbuckling attempted dribbles from a number of players (which is pretty funny :lol:), namely Reuell Walters who was playing as a CB but went on so many sything dribbles through the middle that it made Lewis-Skelly look extremely disciplined in comparison (to be fair, Lewis-Skelly was mostly very disciplined).

The substitute Osman Kamara came on for Seb Ferdinand and was very effective. Never realised how quick he was until seeing him in the flesh - he was rapid. Cambridge definitely had a hard time dealing with him and Sousa on the same side. Ferdinand was threatening at times but struggled with end product. Speaking of Sousa, he was definitely in with a shout for MOTM. He's definitely back in form since his mini dip. Rosiak for me was the best player though. He was the designated Zinchenko presence, popping up literally everywhere - the fans around me had a good laugh when he turned up on the left wing to go on a dribble. Wilshere clearly rates him a lot and it was his run and finish that led to the winner. He's not the strongest defender right now but I think with more time in this current role he'll be an interesting option.

A word on the keeper Cooper - very solid, maybe could have been better on the 2nd but I really liked his passing/kicking. Also gave their fans a bit of banter after Rosiak's winner which was funny. Omari Benjamin will probably go unmentioned by others aswell but he put in a monster shift upfront.

There's a lot of guys in this team with first team potential - it's likely only a small handful will breakthrough and they stick out like a sore thumb.

- Reuell Walters for me has as high a ceiling as Norton-Cuffy does. His security on the ball is better than I thought. A lot to like, and he's versatile. Looked more comfortable at CB today than he has in recent weeks.

- Cozier-Duberry has quickly become one of the leaders and really seems to be taking these Saka comparisons to heart because he is playing almost exactly like him at the moment - even the opposition are triple teaming him on a regular basis now, just like Saka :lol:.

- Lewis-Skelly and Nwaneri are the two best prospects. They have the greatest physical and technical potential but more impressive is their respective attitudes on the pitch. Like Cozier-Duberry, they are looking like leaders; in particular Lewis-Skelly is clearly one of the bigger personalities in this group and I feel like the leadership roles both Lewis-Skelly and Cozier-Duberry are beginning to assume is actually helping to shape and refine their games even further.

- Sousa for me is quite underrated. He had a little dip in form but in the last couple of games has looked very solid of late. His technical level is incredibly high and he just doesn't seem phased most of the time, even when troubled.

- Keep a close eye on Michael Rosiak. I'm becoming a big believer in this kid. Definitely the newest model on the inverted full-back trope, he is taking this "Zinchenko" role and running up the road with it. Both footed, great passer, combative, great ability to create space etc. He is definitely Wilshere's ace in the hole, a guy for every scenario in possession - you need an overload, Rosiak's there. You need a release valve to ease pressure from opposition, Rosiak's there to cushion it down and keep the ball. You need a quality pass into a dangerous area or a massive crossfield? Rosiak's there. And he scores goals too, takes free kicks etc etc. Defensively needs work but that'll come.

Afro Mugo

I’m just saying Man City puts 5 past any team in this competition. We have poor academy tbh. We tend to get 1-2 good attackers. But the standard of defenders and midfielders we created is poor
I would argue West Ham u18 has been better than Man City this season, I'm not sure they are still in the cup but if there are they are the team to beat .. Man City are a good team but not invincible. Man City has had a good u18 team for the past five seasons and have never won the youth cup. Just recently they were beaten by Sp**s for the u18 pl cup.

Afro Mugo

Aside from that, why are defenders always the measure for a "great academy " Hale end is producing top class PL level forwards consistently for the past few years. Probably , only Chelsea has been able to match that, and now there are midfielders in the conveyor belt too , and a few defenders, and we have a lot of talented GKs in the youth teams.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Cozier-Duberry needs to do some shooting training, he would be deadly with all the ability to create space for himself.
Skelly is already taking instructions from Wilshere on how to run through their midfield with the ball, hope he has more luck with injuries :lol:
Nwaneri, having a shooting technique like that at the age of 15 is insane, you would struggle to find many top PL players scoring that

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom