• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Unpopular opinion: Due to us having major injuries and City somehow have 0 injuries, they are currently a better team than us.

This favours them to catch up for a photo finish.
Who wins the EPL is 50/50 to me, dependant partly on Jesus and Trossard injuries.
Agree with all of this, don't think its that unpopular tbh. Its funny how Trossard has got onto the 'critical injury path' so quickly though :lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Everybody saying we need to tighten up our defense but the more pressing problem is the players staying on their feet or not making enough of challenges.

Saka, Tomiyasu and White all guilty of staying on their feet or not drawing attention to tackles in the box recently. Ben White in particular should have gone down when the keeper punched his back.

Not good enough!

Think About It GIF by Identity

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Everybody saying we need to tighten up our defense but the more pressing problem is the players staying on their feet or not making enough of challenges.

Saka, Tomiyasu and White all guilty of staying on their feet or not drawing attention to tackles in the box recently. Ben White in particular should have gone down when the keeper punched his back.

Not good enough!

I missed the best example of all from the person who really should know best. Arteta should have made a meal of it when KDB pushed him!

UkrArsenal

I think we are doing well in this race. And worries about the emotions of Zinchenko or Xhaka or someone else, or thoughts that City are better team because they have a longer bench and that "oh-oh injuries" - no more than momentary experiences. And I definitely think that all of them should not be in the "unpopular" category. It's like what's on the surface.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
1. Jesus is extremely overrated on here by some. He’s a very good striker but he is not world class or a transformative signing like Zinchenko or Saliba. He’s in the similar profile as Laca but obviously superior.

2. Cesc is a bigger snake than RvP. He went on strike to try and force his way out and begs it off Chelsea fans. At least RvP is upfront about his new found love for United.

3. Saka being kicked about isn’t the issue, it’s the absurd amount of games he’s played without a break.

4. Balogun would suffer the same issues as Eddie would. It’s clear the system needs a false 9 and his overall game isn’t suited to that.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Not good enough!

What so we can get another FA charge for "surrounding the ref" - honestly wouldn't be surprised if our players have been told to not even bother anymore else we get another freaking FA charge.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard

Not good enough!

So you're condoning simulation/diving/ cheating?

I'm not for diving at all despite Gary Neville condoning it as "smart play" and accepting as part of game as he states. Officials need to be tougher and with assistance of VAR in handing out yellow cards to the offenders.

Same with time wasters, and I am glad we have punished the likes of Villa and Bournemouth for it on the score board with late goals.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We don't need to rotate as much as people are saying, especially when you factor in how quickly we exited the domestic cups and how in the group stages of the Europa we were able to rest half the first team every midweek...our main players for plenty of rest, some were even just bench players at the World Cup too.

Ramsdale, Saliba and Gabriel especially should start every match now until the end of the season...most of our backs up can't really be trusted for the position we are in, in terms of going for trophies.

We can't bin the Europa either, as that doesn't automatically mean we are winning the Prem anyway.

Most of these players can play twice a week, imo.

Zaza

Cesc Fabregas is the biggest snake ever. He was worst than Adebayor and RVP and nearly as bad as Nasri(just as bad).
Wenger was right in not bringing him back even if I believe it was possible to make space for him (Özil on the right for example)

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Cesc Fabregas is the biggest snake ever. He was worst than Adebayor and RVP and nearly as bad as Nasri(just as bad).
Wenger was right in not bringing him back even if I believe it was possible to make space for him (Özil on the right for example)

Nasri probably was the best of the lot. He did his best until the end, unlike Cesc, who didn't want to play and went to F1 to force a transfer. RvP at least was honest about it, though he shouldn't have done the letter and if he had any decency he would've gone to Juventus.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
1. Jesus is extremely overrated on here by some. He’s a very good striker but he is not world class or a transformative signing like Zinchenko or Saliba. He’s in the similar profile as Laca but obviously superior.

2. Cesc is a bigger snake than RvP. He went on strike to try and force his way out and begs it off Chelsea fans. At least RvP is upfront about his new found love for United.

3. Saka being kicked about isn’t the issue, it’s the absurd amount of games he’s played without a break.

4. Balogun would suffer the same issues as Eddie would. It’s clear the system needs a false 9 and his overall game isn’t suited to that.
He is a world class player who we are playing as a striker. Although he is doing some things similar to Laca, believe the way he plays with our midfielders and wingers is so far superior to Laca it’s transformative. He also brings an energy and intensity to the forward line with his pressing and dribbling that we don’t have otherwise.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arsenal and Chelsea fans are the same level of scumbaggery but the Arsenal fans don’t tend to realise and somehow think they are better.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal and Chelsea fans are the same level of scumbaggery but the Arsenal fans don’t tend to realise and somehow think they are better.

Online fans yes, fans who go to the games for Chelsea are the worst I've seen in the country, up there with Millwall and Cardiff tbh.

They still haven't managed to get the National Front element out of their fanbase, one of the ones it's still alive and well in.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Online fans yes, fans who go to the games for Chelsea are the worst I've seen in the country, up there with Millwall and Cardiff tbh.

They still haven't managed to get the National Front element out of their fanbase, one of the ones it's still alive and well in.

Yeah I don't buy that tbh this fanbase was singing about certain ex players parents washing elephants and being whores, it's literally the same.

It's a football thing, not a club thing.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I don't buy that tbh this fanbase was singing about certain ex players parents washing elephants and being whores, it's literally the same.

It's a football thing, not a club thing.

Feel like that's a sh*tty football fandom thing in general, Arsenal did/does have it's own firm as do most English clubs and it's pretty obvious you have sh*tty racist behaviour to go along with that.

Chelsea however is definitely that next level up. The Headhunters still exist and were active in large numbers as recently as 2014. They maintain really close links to Combat 18 and the National Front to this day. Had members imprisoned for possessing KKK literature etc.

You're right Arsenal fans aren't "better" necessarily than other football fans, but Chelsea are without a doubt among the worst.

RunTheTrap

Smith-Rowe is the new Oxlade-Chamberlain. I mean that as both a positive and negative.

Sagna is the best defender of the Emirates era. Not Koscienly or Mertesacker.

Ben White is currently Arsenal’s best defender.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Smith-Rowe is the new Oxlade-Chamberlain. I mean that as both a positive and negative.

Agree on Sagna.

Ben White I think remains to be seen.

Harsh on ESR though? Oxlade was always a good for nothing. Explain the positive and negatives if you don't mind. Injuries the obvious negative.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Kolo was better imo but he played more at Highbury than the Emirates so yeah Sagna is probably correct.

Should've been Gallas if he wasn't such a bellend.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Kolo was better imo but he played more at Highbury than the Emirates so yeah Sagna is probably correct.

Should've been Gallas if he wasn't such a bellend.

I take Koscienly over Toure. Toure peak was with Campbell. Toure declined rapidly when he lost his muscle mass via malaria or his wife dieting pills as he claimed. Gallas wasn't great for us but he out performed Toure whilst partnered with him.

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Agree on Sagna.

Ben White I think remains to be seen.

Harsh on ESR though? Oxlade was always a good for nothing. Explain the positive and negatives if you don't mind. Injuries the obvious negative.
I see similarities in their technique and PNP. They’re “in-betweeners”, not really midfielders but not quite forwards either. Even though ESR has way better output than the Oz ever did.

Personality wise, I’m concerned that ESR doesn’t take football seriously similarly to the Ox. They both had weight issues and they have the talent to be much better with the skillset they had.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom