• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Crocrodile

Koulibaly and De Vrij and CB problem gone.
William Carvalho as the DM.
Mahrez and Forsberg/Draxler for the wings.

That would be at least a £300m transfer window. We can do it. Time to splash the cash and give the new coach an awesome squad to work with!

The resultant success will pay for the money spent.

Koulibaly 75M
De Vrij FA FREE
William Carvalho 50M
Mahrez 60M
Forsberg/Draxler 60M

I could see that amounting to max 250M.
But, I haven't seen a more stupid way of spending such a sum of money to improve this iteration of the squad.

The only need you hit on is CB.
We need at least another CM of some quality, we also could get someone who isn't Willy C, but let 's roll with it for the sake of it.

You 've gotten in no GK, and no pure winger.
Both Mahrez and Draxler/Forsberg would take up spaces we are already overloading with our players.
One would be more than enough.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Think we need to put this £50mil budget to bed until
Koulibaly 75M
De Vrij FA FREE
William Carvalho 50M
Mahrez 60M
Forsberg/Draxler 60M

I could see that amounting to max 250M.
But, I haven't seen a more stupid way of spending such a sum of money to improve this iteration of the squad.

The only need you hit on is CB.
We need at least another CM of some quality, we also could get someone who isn't Willy C, but let 's roll with it for the sake of it.

You 've gotten in no GK, and no pure winger.
Both Mahrez and Draxler/Forsberg would take up spaces we are already overloading with our players.
One would be more than enough.

Is Willian Carvalho still a thing?

Can see him finally leaving when he gets to like 28+ and disappointing whoever he joins.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Hasn't Forsberg to Bayern already been confirmed? Sure I noticed something on it the other day while browsing.

Draxer links seem to gone cold. How has his season gone for PSG? Would not surlsurp if he doesn't play much because of all the talent there.

Mahrez (along with Kante) should've been signed summer 2016. Think that ship has sailed now with city sniffing around.

Willy is mid-table level going by the teams he was linked with last summer. Would he improve us?

Koulibaly would be a hit here. Would love that physical presence at the back.

HBL

Established Member
Just spend the majority of our money on Oblak and Koulibaly. I don’t even care, two players that are guaranteed to improve the squad.

Oblak - £80m
Koulibaly - £60m
Diallo - £15m
Ndombele- £25m or Kondogbia - £30m

Or we should just hack into the Atlético scouting data base and see which keeper they’re looking at next. They’ve gone from De Gea to Courtois to Oblak ffs.

Hinderz

I want Manolas and Sokratis. We can defend using a phalanx formation.

tumblr_nio9sgUGLp1siq8rfo2_250.gif

Last edited:

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Chiellini is out of contract this summer.
If we get Allegri, I hope he brings him too.

Give him a massive contract. And let Holding & Chambers develop under one of the best/most experienced CB in Europe.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Hasn't Forsberg to Bayern already been confirmed? Sure I noticed something on it the other day while browsing.

There were rumours during the season, and then a cryptic "thanks for everything"-message on Forsberg's twitter, after which rumours started heating up again. He's definitely off. He wanted to leave last summer, with Arsenal being linked, but RB wouldn't let him. Then he's been injured, then sidelined by Hasenhuttl and then they reportedly had a row in the dressing room.

Carvalho and Draxler! Really? It isn’t 2014 ffs.

Draxler is still a very good player. Shines almost every time he's on the pitch for Germany or paris. Thing is just it doesn't happen too often in France, with Mbappe and Neymar.
He's still only 24 and has racked up 44 games, 5 goals and 10 assists, although averaging only just under 60 minutes/game, which amounts to a scorer every second game. He could surely raise his numbers as a regular starter.
If he's willing to leave paris for game time, who need to offload as of ffp, he should be available on a reasonable fee. Also is quite tight with Özil.
As a quality alternative to Martial, who's linked to Juve and Bayern, as well as to Lemar, who's linked with City and Liverpool, he's a good option. Surely no worse than these two in top form.

Seeing Koulibaly mentioned quite often - what's his style of play?
Is he an aggressive tackler, or rather laid back? Can he organize a defense around him?

Also, I know he won't come cheap, but seeing Diallo mentioned, if Arsenal don't want to feel like they missed out on the right player, Pavard is the guy to sign.

Last edited:

HBL

Established Member
Tanguy Ndombele.

He has also completed the most dribbles out of any midfielder in Europe which I didn’t know. His athleticsm could be a real benefit to most sides, surprised Liverpool haven’t been linked with him.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
IN: Jardim, Lafont, Koubabaily, Kondogbia, Meyer, Zaha

Out: WENGER, Ospina, Holding (loan), Wilshere, Coquellin, Welbeck, Akpom, Iwobi (loan)

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Manager: Arteta

Leno
Bellerin Skriniar Evans Monreal
Xhaka
Ramsey Meyer
Özil Aubameyang Welbeck​

Sobotka

In: Allegri, Oblak (60m), Evans (5-10m), de Vrij (Free), Tierney (20m), Fabinho (35m), Martial (50m).

Total: 175m

Out: Cech (5m), Koscielny (15m), Mustafi (20m), Kolasinac (15m), Iwobi (15m), Lucas Perez (10m), Campbell (10m), Asano (5m), Holding (Loan)

Total: 95m
Oblak

Bellerin - Evans - de Vrij - Tierney

Fabinho

Ramsey (c) ----- Xhaka

Özil --------------------- Martial

Aubameyang​

GK: Oblak, Ospina, Macey
DF: Bellerin, Evans, de Vrij, Tierney, Chambers, Mavropanos, Monreal
MF: Ramsey, Xhaka, Fabinho, Wilshere, Elneny, Cazorla, Maitland-Niles, Bielik
FW: Aubameyang, Özil, Martial, Lacazette, Mkhitaryan, Welbeck, Nelson

Evans as a stop gap solution for a season whilst Mavropanos comes of age.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom