• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I'm not a fan of Allegri, but Chiellini could really happen if he will be our manager.

We don't know what will happen with Koscielny after his injury, Merte retired - so we have no experience at the back and he could help Allegri at the beginning.

benjamin86

Established Member
I'm not a fan of Allegri, but Chiellini could really happen if he will be our manager.

We don't know what will happen with Koscielny after his injury, Merte retired - so we have no experience at the back and he could help Allegri at the beginning.
Interested to know why?

I think he wrongly gets tarnished with playing boring football based on champions league performances.

HBL

Established Member
Pavlenka - £10m
Sokratis - £17.5m
Soyoncu - £20m
Fabinho - £50m
Guedes - £25m

Seems fairly realistic other than Fabinho and probably affordable if we sell Mustafi, Welbeck and a couple of others. Play a variant of a 442, depending on what Özil is up to next season.

Aubameyang - Lacazette
Özil
Mkhi - Ramsey
Fabinho
Kola - Sokratis - Soyoncu - Bellerin
Pavlenka​
Play any two of Xhaka, Mkhi or Ramsey with Fabinho and centre back pairing depends on form and how the new guys settle.

Bench:
Cech
Monreal
Mavro/Chambers
AMN
Xhaka
Guedes
Nelson/Nketiah

Last edited:

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
We should target Xhaka's mate Shaquiri. I've always like this player as he is not afraid of any challenge.
He is an Arshavin style player.

With Stoke getting relegated, I believe he has a release clause that is affordable. Proven in the Premiership and would probably look a lot better in our side than Stoke's (though he had some impressive matches with them too).
26-27 years of age...experienced - worth it I think.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I rate Shaquiri, but it is bargain bin. If we want a skillful dribbler, with an eye for goal, then it's best we just spend the money on fekir or Mahrez.

Bergkamp1988

We need width and speed since we lost Ox Walcott and Alexis.

Shaquiri definitely has more speed and power in him than Mahrez. Can play wider on the flanks. Also he is a tough minded lad.

Against Atletico, one of our main problems is that we lacked width, making the job easy for their compact defense.

Stannis

If you want someone who can be a starter or potentially get there you need better than Shaquiri. As a squadie he is fine, but I doubt Stoke will let him go cheap especially as a few prem clubs would be after him

Malky

Established Member
Surprised at the amount of people that want us to sign Butland, he's been poor this season, Cech and Ospina have been better.
I'd rather sign Ben Foster to be honest.
Butland is just a younger Joe Hart, he can pull off the brilliant saves then drop a howler 5 mins later. Don't want. Especially if Liverpool are interested, Stoke will be demanding £40M+

If we can get him on a free then we need to try for Chiellini, we need an experienced and leader at CB, especially with Kos being out for 6 months. Once Kos is fit we can rotate between the two while playing our younger CB's alongside them. It also allows us to sell Mustafi and use the funds for other positions.
Even if we only get a couple of seasons out him, his experience alongside Mavropanos, Chambers and Holding could be invaluable for their development.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Allegri and bring Chiellini with him and brings my boy Szczesny back!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Wish List:
New Manager - Allegri

Sell Özil.. blocks us from using a variety of formations or systems and isnt worth it at all.

Pavlenka
Bellerin Sokratis Kos/Mus/Mav Kola
fabinho ramsey wilshere
Mkhy Auba Bailey

433 with fabinho sitting in front of defence. IN rotation can drop a winger for auba and bring laca into ST. When losing a game plan B would be to sub off CM for laca and change to a 442 attacking

bench: CBs, monreal, xhaka, laca,welbz

Net spend approx 60-70m£ but could be much less if we get a lot for Özil
Maybe sign a backup b2b as wilshere and ramsey will defo get injured

SpookyDukey

Pavlenka, Pavon, Lascelles, Evans and Zakaria. Realistic and totally possible. If we didn’t buy any offensive players for a year or two at least we’d be solid at the back. Offensively we have endless talent and I’d rather we utilise the people we have and integrate some of the youth.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Let's fatten Kroenke's pockets this summer, by posting huge net profits. Let's get in Evans, Chiellini, Meyer and Iniesta.

-----------------------------------GK---------------------------------
--Bellerin--------Mustafi-------------Chielini--------Monreal--
----------------------------------------------------------
-----f-------------Özil--Ramsey-----Inieasta---------------------
---------Mkhi----------------Lacazette------------PEA------------

Bergkamp1988

I read that Khedira is in talks with Liverpool. Which makes me very jealous.

Also, we don't talk about Depay here because he had such a tough time with Man U (and F***ing Mourinho).
But he has been fantastic this season with Lyon. Has matured a lot, still has a big potential and seems to be looking for a new challenge. Would probably come for a relatively cheap price.

Stannis

I read that Khedira is in talks with Liverpool. Which makes me very jealous.

wow this is getting ridiculous, they should really win the league now.

Midfield was there biggest weakness and now they have added Neves, Kieta and possible Meyer /Khedira as well.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom