• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

ArsenalFever

Nikola Milenkovic could be a good prospect, quick, strong, skillful and reads the game well.
Already a key player for Fiorentina at 21, plus he's able to play right back.
Probably available for around £35mil.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
How much would Sane cost?
Would go all out for him, far higher ceiling than Zaha. Thing is, would he come here? At some point we have to show some ambition surely

90m and 200k + a week

Our whole budget on one player would be wild though! Think the lure of Bayern would be too big for him though.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
RB- Juanfran/Max Aarons/Yousef Atal/Hakimi/Odriozola
RCB-Saliba/Konate
LCB-Hermoso
CM- Promote Bielik, Andre Gomes/Rabiot/Ceballos/Tielemans and Palacios
CAM- Ziyech, Claude-Maurice
WFW- Chukwueze and Perisic

OSBK

Established Member
How much would Sane cost?
Would go all out for him, far higher ceiling than Zaha. Thing is, would he come here? At some point we have to show some ambition surely

If he leaves city then he would walk into madrid or barcas team and would destroy the spaniah league

Last edited:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Andre gomes is available for 25-30mill, will be gutted if we dont make a move. Sp**s and utd will be sniffing around him.
Would be pretty happy with Gomes
Yeah, wanted us to take a punt on him last summer. I had this feeling he'd do well in England.

He is a very rounded player who's talent is not in doubt. Mental strength is questionable though. But you get the feeling Emery could get him to reach his potential.

truth_hurts

IN: Martinez (back from loan) Sidibe (25m), Sessegnon (25m), Manolas (30m), Salibah (25m), Gomes (30m), Zaha (50m plus Iwobi).

Out: Ospina (5m), lictsteiner, Mustafi (20m), Chambers (30m), Monreal (5m), El Nenny (10m), Nelson, ESR, Willock (loan), Özil (25m).

A lot of players in and out but those in will be here for many a season and bar Özil, the outs barely affect us

truth_hurts

---------------------------------Leno---------------------------------
---------------Manolas--------Kos--------SOkratis--------------------
--Sidibe----------------------------------------------Sessegnon-------
--------------------Gomes----------Torreria---------------------------
------Zaha--------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------Laca---------PEA------------------------------

Bellerin starts when fit or offers the 4-4-2 option.

---------------------------------Leno---------------------------------
--------------------Manolas-------------SOkratis--------------------
--Sidibe----------------------------------------------Kolasinac-------
--------------------Gomes----------Torreria---------------------------
-----Bellerin---------------------------------------------
Zaha

-------------------------Laca---------PEA------------------------------

Or Bellerin RB and Sessegnon LW

truth_hurts

Pogba.

Damn, I'd sell half the team (and Özil) to accommodate him.

Interesting. I think he's got all the ability in the world, but would signing him make us a level better? Not sure. Has always felt like a player who needs a team as opposed to a player who inspires a team.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Interesting. I think he's got all the ability in the world, but would signing him make us a level better? Not sure. Has always felt like a player who needs a team as opposed to a player who inspires a team.
Agreed. But his position CM/CAM is something we are sorely lacking. His contribution to Utd's season gets overlooked as he dragged the whole team ahead many times..he has great passing and physicality. And he's a superstar.

We're becoming a dull team, fighting for the scraps behind the big boys. Need a statement of intent. Something like a Campbell or Özil.

truth_hurts

Agreed. But his position CM/CAM is something we are sorely lacking. His contribution to Utd's season gets overlooked as he dragged the whole team ahead many times..he has great passing and physicality. And he's a superstar.

We're becoming a dull team, fighting for the scraps behind the big boys. Need a statement of intent. Something like a Campbell or Özil.

Our money problems are widely documented, would you be up for going back to statement signings as we tried for a few seasons in a row when we bought Santi, Özil, Sanchez and Cech.

My timeline could be off, but I feel as though they were in consecutive seasons?

Obviously a statement signing now is Van Dijk money plus. Aubameyang was very much a statement signing.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our money problems are widely documented, would you be up for going back to statement signings as we tried for a few seasons in a row when we bought Santi, Özil, Sanchez and Cech.

My timeline could be off, but I feel as though they were in consecutive seasons?

Obviously a statement signing now is Van Dijk money plus. Aubameyang was very much a statement signing.
Yes they were in consecutive seasons, and yes I would be up for it. Auba definitely was worth whatever he cost us.

We lack leaders, apart from Cech, Papa and Xhaka. Someone similar Van Dijk or Pogba would bring a spark.

Edit: Cech and Santi were not really statement signings. Our only big signings were Özil/Alexi and Auba. I actually forgot about Auba until you mentioned him.

OSBK

Established Member
I agree to be honest. The right player could lift the whole team. I don't know who that player is - not Pogba in my opinion.

Kante would do it. Our midfield would go from bang average to pretty flippin good. Our cb's would be able to cancel tye life insurance on heart attacks from everytime our midfield goes missing.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom