• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Those still cost money. Those 4 players on paper you might think cost the club 20m but Sarr signing on fee might be 2-7M. Ceballos loan fee might be 2-5M. Willian signing on fee and wages would end up costing the club £30M over 3 years.

I wouldn't be against Willian on a free if we had the cash and wage space to do it but we dont.

That's great insight, thank you.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This looks to me like two good all-round midfielders, if you could put them either side of a really good DM you might have yourself a decent 3 man midfield.

Ed8Fho3VAAAjzqy

EdWwd9BXYAIrQQo

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In:

Gabriel (25m)
Partey (40m)
Ceballos (Loan)
Aouar (45m)
Zaha (40m)

Total: 150m

Out:

Bellerin (25m)
Sokratis (5m)
Holding (5m)
Elneny (Free)
Guendouzi (30m)
Torreira (30m)
Özil (Free)
Lacazette (35m)

Total: 130m

----------------Leno--------------
AMN----Saliba---Gabriel---KT
---------Partey-----Xhaka--------
Pepe-----------Aouar----------Zaha
---------------Auba---------------

Bring in Luiz for 3atb initially to help bed Saliba and Gabriel in.

Very football manager-ish but something like that would be immense. That side would defo bring us back in contention with the rest of the top 4 IMO.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I've really gone off the idea of a Xhaka and Partey together and I don't think Xhaka is going anywhere. The 3rd midfielder would have to be ridiculously creative as those 2 wouldn't offer an awful lot.

We could upgrade on Guendouzi and Torreira with Danilo and Buendia and buy Ceballos permanently for not much more than what Partey would cost.

Xhaka/Danilo
Buendia/Willock/AMN
Saka/Ceballos/ESR

Looks better are more balanced than we have now to me.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I've really gone off the idea of a Xhaka and Partey together and I don't think Xhaka is going anywhere. The 3rd midfielder would have to be ridiculously creative as those 2 wouldn't offer an awful lot.

We could upgrade on Guendouzi and Torreira with Danilo and Buendia and buy Ceballos permanently for not much more than what Partey would cost.

Xhaka/Danilo
Buendia/Willock/AMN
Saka/Ceballos/ESR

Looks better are more balanced than we have now to me.

We need both PnP and creativity. We could possibly try and bring in players with some combo of both.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

This is a guy who has impressed me a lot this season. Creative, excellent dribbler, good acceleration and great change of direction. At a good age aswell, still a bit young at 22 but has good enough experience.

We should also seriously consider bringing back Josh Dasilva. He solves a few problems - physicality and technical ability. He's one of the better all-round midfielders in the Championship and if we need an 8 who can potentially play good passes as well as carry and provide a physical presence, he's a hidden gem that we've let go that we'll have to pay to get back.

We have to address the lack of athleticism and the lack of creativity in the team. If we're clever enough here, as with the above 2 choices, we can potentially solve both.

Last edited:

PressResistance

Something I'd wish for is an already set up plan not dependent on contingency of any kind as we are currently set up, waiting for the final.

There is a lot we can do in the market, because there is so much we can improve by getting rid of some players by cutting our losses and bringing actually servicable players who have the qualites needed to play at the top level.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

This is a guy who has impressed me a lot this season. Creative, excellent dribbler, good acceleration and great change of direction. At a good age aswell, still a bit young at 22 but has good enough experience.

We should also seriously consider bringing back Josh Dasilva. He solves a few problems - physicality and technical ability. He's one of the better all-round midfielders in the Championship and if we need an 8 who can potentially play good passes as well as carry and provide a physical presence, he's a hidden gem that we've let go that we'll have to pay to get back.

We have to address the lack of athleticism and the lack of creativity in the team. If we're clever enough here, as with the above 2 choices, we can potentially solve both.

Isn’t Palace interested in Eze? Their fans on Twitter seem insistent that he’ll replace Zaha when they eventually let him go.

How much do you think QPR will let him go for?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Isn’t Palace interested in Eze? Their fans on Twitter seem insistent that he’ll replace Zaha when they eventually let him go.

How much do you think QPR will let him go for?
They'll get decent money for him. £20m at least. England youth international, one of the most exciting players in one of the toughest leagues. He'd be a great get for Palace, although I think it'd be a waste to play him wide. You want this guy slap bang in the middle of the pitch so he can get the ball. UNLESS Palace start to integrate Nya Kirby into their plans.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Something I'd wish for is an already set up plan not dependent on contingency of any kind as we are currently set up, waiting for the final.

There is a lot we can do in the market, because there is so much we can improve by getting rid of some players by cutting our losses and bringing actually servicable players who have the qualites needed to play at the top level.
I personally think we need to focus our recruitment away from specific "names" but rather profiles based on our needs. This would eliminate the need for contingency plans because we wouldn't need back-ups for that. We have to be creative about how we add quality, and there's quality everywhere, not just where our eyes can see.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Nelson + 20M for Zaha.
Guendouzi + 35M for Partey.
40M outright for Aouar.

Sell Lacazette for £25M. Sell Torreira for £20M. Sell Holding for £10M.

Net spend of around 20M. Other sales could allow us to get a CB. Also nab Ceballos on loan, top top summer.

PressResistance

I personally think we need to focus our recruitment away from specific "names" but rather profiles based on our needs. This would eliminate the need for contingency plans because we wouldn't need back-ups for that. We have to be creative about how we add quality, and there's quality everywhere, not just where our eyes can see.

It's funny that we as fans see a need for such things and not the leadership. As one does in the academy, certain traits are needed to succeed, certain systems are built, values are formed and an ethos of a club is to be felt throughout.

There's an acute lack of both accountability and knowledge in the leadership structure of our club, the only one who has an idea of what he wants to do is probably Arteta, to a point as young managers have a lot on their plate.

The basic profile all players should posses is physically above average to dominant, determination and grit, tactical nous and psychological stability and technical ability with both feet to boot. We can segment this position by position but there is no need to go further into detail when it's all pretty self-explanatory.

Players with such qualities prosper both in a disciplined environment but become even more dangerous when given freedom to express themselves. It's something Arteta should, being an understudy to Wenger and Guardiola, must imprint all over this currently lethargic leadership group which could have massively succesful results. The academy is doing a better job than the 1st team where even higher standards should reign supreme.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Nelson (on loan) + 30M for Zaha.
40M outright for Aouar.

Net spend of around 20M. Other sales could allow us to get a CB. Also nab Ceballos on loan, top top summer.

Fixed. Nelson should not be sold (yet).

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Nelson + 20M for Zaha.
40M outright for Aouar.

Will aouar really be available for 40M or is it a random price? He has 3 years left on his contract. If he's 40M (I highly doubt) we should be all over it, can even pay extra through installments. Though I doubt at that price more clubs might be looking at him and he may not choose us.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom