• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

mma

If it is true Torreira is coming back in January and hopefully we by some miracle manage to get Allegri once Arteta is sacked get Isco on loan with buy option from RM.

Leno
AMN-Luiz-Gabriel-Tierney
Partey-Torreira
Pepe-----Isco-----Saka
Aubameyang
Give this team to Allegri we will easily finish in Europa places and can win the EL even.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Sell:
Xhaka
Bellerin
Lacazette
Holding
Willian
Nketiah

Around 100m but so much money made with free agents leaving

Sign:
Bissouma
Sabitzer
Aouar
A CB

Around: 175m

Leno
AMN CB Gabriel KT
Partey Bissouma
Saka Sabitzer Aouar
Aubameyang

Runarsson
Cedric Chambers Mari Kolasinac
Elneny Guendouzi
Pepe ESR Martinelli
Balogun

That would be a devastating team and in my opinion it is really achievable in the summer as we have so many players leaving and clearing the wage bill

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I believe the first thing we need to do is get a manager who has an actual philosophy of how he wants us to play. After that we need to sort out our transfer strategy and then we can start our real rebuild. With all this in mind there are two managers who I believe could lead us back to glory: Erik Ten Hag or Julian Nagelsmann.

With Nagelsmann you know he likes playing 3ATB and likes to play fluid passing football using wingbacks so with that I would think we can build our team like so:

Leno
Holding Upamecano Gabriel
AMN Sabitzer Partey Tierney
Olmo Saka
Aubameyang​

roz

Fake News Merchant
Martinez
Lampety Saliba Gabriel Tierney
Partey
B.Silva Grealish
Gnabry Saka
Haaland
200 million for that lot roughly.

Sell: Aubemeyang 20mill
Xhaka 15mil
Lacazette 10mil
Bellerin 10mil
Sokratis release
Mustafi release
Özil release
Chambers 10mil
Willock 10 mil
Kola 5mil
Torreira 10mil
Cedric 5mil
Leno 25 mil

total= 120 mil

80mil net spend

Last edited:

ArsenalFever

Ezequiel Barco could be a shrewd acquisition from Atlanta Utd in the MLS.
Still young but looks a player that could perform to a higher standard in a faster paced game. Plays as a winger or central, He's the type of player I think Arsenal could do with, and probably easily obtainable and affordable.

Another player who I think could be a player to watch is Robin Le Normand from Real Sociedad, Center Back playing for a team with a great defensive record this season.

Two creative midfielders would be the ideal solution imo, maybe paying heavy money for one and less for the other, aka Grealish/Dybala/Oyarzabal and Buendia/De Paul/Barco. If it means waiting for the summer to spend heavy, then so be it. Regardless, January could provide a good platform to build on in the summer.

Last edited:

Legend14

Established Member
So many lineup recommendations with Auba as the lone forward. This won’t work. Auba is better coming from the left and not being the sole focus of the two central defenders.

ChefMan21

So many lineup recommendations with Auba as the lone forward. This won’t work. Auba is better coming from the left and not being the sole focus of the two central defenders.
Needs a player like Dybala in behind him IMO, supporting him with goals and creativity (not necessarily Dybala, but a player like him). It forces the defence to make decision they might not like to make, and considering our wingers and midfield doesn't score goals regularly, we really need that second option supporting Auba.

(the links to Eriksen might be actually explained by a thirst for goals. If Auba isn't firing, and Laca isn't filling that vacuum, then that's it really in terms of goal outputs from the club. Eriksen, if he could ever live up to his past, does score goals. Unfortunately we are a one man club at the moment with how dependent we've become on Auba.)

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Needs a player like Dybala in behind him IMO, supporting him with goals and creativity (not necessarily Dybala, but a player like him). It forces the defence to make decision they might not like to make, and considering our wingers and midfield doesn't score goals regularly, we really need that second option supporting Auba.

(the links to Eriksen might be actually explained by a thirst for goals. If Auba isn't firing, and Laca isn't filling that vacuum, then that's it really in terms of goal outputs from the club. Eriksen, if he could ever live up to his past, does score goals. Unfortunately we are a one man club at the moment with how dependent we've become on Auba.)

I would say we are dependant on Auba to score, Saka to create, Gabriel to defend and Leno to save our ass. Throw in Tierney for his attitude and that's the basis of our team. Watch when Martinelli is back, he will have all the pressure on his shoulders - that is Mikel plays him FFS - look at what he's done to Saliba UGH!

Legend14

Established Member
I would say we are dependant on Auba to score, Saka to create, Gabriel to defend and Leno to save our ass. Throw in Tierney for his attitude and that's the basis of our team. Watch when Martinelli is back, he will have all the pressure on his shoulders - that is Mikel plays him FFS - look at what he's done to Saliba UGH!
Not sure if this isn’t actually accurate, Saliba aside.

Legend14

Established Member

Yes, I like the idea of Dybala behind him. Good finisher, good passer.

Gio Sp

"Carles Tusquets, the interim president of
FC Barcelona
, wants to sell Philippe Coutinho in January. (Source: ARA)"

That could be a great addition. But i highly doubt he'd join a mediocre team like Arsenal right now.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
"Carles Tusquets, the interim president of
FC Barcelona
, wants to sell Philippe Coutinho in January. (Source: ARA)"

That could be a great addition. But i highly doubt he'd join a mediocre team like Arsenal right now.

Would love him here, but we've missed the boat. We could get away with El Nenny next to Partey if you've got Coutinho in front.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

His name is Nicolas Pepe. Shoukd be played behind Auba

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
Papu Gomez and Locatelli + Allegri + 4-2-3-1

--------------- Lacazette/Martinelli ------------
-Aubameyang ---- Papu Gomez ------ Willian
--------------- Locatelli --- Partey ---------------
Tierney ------- Gabriel --- Luiz -------- Bellerin
--------------------- Leno ------------------------

Uses sometimes Papu on the left, Willian as CAM and Nelson/Saka on the right.

Sell: Pepe, Xhaka
****: Ceballos
No Gotze, no Isco.. they are showing nothing for years. Aouar too much inexperienced.

Alternative to Papu Gomez = Eriksen.
Altrenative to Locatelli = Fred from ManU.

PD: Sabitzer would be a great buy (would improve Arsenal a lot), I just don't know if he (and any of these player) would still come to Arsenal right now.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom