• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Should be a prominent part of our midfield rebuild IF Brentford don't go up. We should definitely look at bringing him back. Put this guy next to Partey and we have a perfect blend of physical presence and technical quality. Azeez and Xhaka as the two behind them - seeing as Xhaka probably isn't leaving.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Should be a prominent part of our midfield rebuild IF Brentford don't go up. We should definitely look at bringing him back. Put this guy next to Partey and we have a perfect blend of physical presence and technical quality. Azeez and Xhaka as the two behind them - seeing as Xhaka probably isn't leaving.
The couple of times I've seen Brentford play he hasn't stuck out enough for me. His development though is a clear indicator that we need to use the Championship more in loaning our players (and our players, e.g. Nelson, need to accept playing in the Championship more).

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

He's a good ball-carrier apparently.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
He's a good ball-carrier apparently.

Those stats are quite impressive. Has the physique of a beast in that video, and looks like he can beat the press. No idea how good he is defensively, though. Can you shed some light on that aspect of his game @MutableEarth?

Could be a decent option if we're somewhat short in midfield this summer (assuming a Guendouzi outgoing and possible loans for Willock/AMN).

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
OUTS -
Luiz (End of contract)
Ceballos (End of loan)
Lacazette (1 year left)
Nketiah (1 year left)
Elneny
AMN
Bellerin
Kolasinac
Torreira
Guendouzi
Chambers
Nelson/Pepe/Willian (One of these)

Pretty much a list of players who are currently on loan, not good enough/out of favour or have a year left on their deals. *I think* you could probably get £120-180M from the above even during a Covid hit market. AMN value will be around £20M after his loan, Bellerin I still think could leave for around £30M to Barca, Torreira and Guendouzi should be £30M for the pair, Chambers I think is a £10-15M player all day etc etc. So there's certainly money that can be freed up.

In addition to that the above players make up roughly 700k a week on our wage bill. So letting them all go would free up a further £33M in wages, along with the 3 musketeers who left permanently this window which was £26M a year in wages.

I know we are once again looking at making losses, but I firmly believe we'll spend a good chunk this summer to get the squad to 85% of what Arteta wants.

INS -
Mat Ryan permanently
A backup left back, maybe a PVA type
Ødegaard but only IF his loan spell goes well, if not you go for Buendia
Hakimi to replace Bellerin
Bissouma
A striker to replace Laca

Ryan and the backup left back should cost peanuts. Ødegaard would probably be around £30-40M if his loan goes well, if not then you start looking at Grealish and Buendia and what they'd cost. Grealish would be a dream but fairly unrealistic given his price.

Hakimi price tag is supposedly £30M, Bissouma would be around the same. All in all not including a potential striker signing you'd be looking at £100-150M spend, which is doable with the right sales.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I'd go back for Amavi in the summer, he'll be free and Marseille are a basket case. Actually just generally there are a lot of basket cases around at the moment, good time to capitalise. French league is a basket case, should be shopping there, Barca a big ol' basket case, could get a Dembele maybe, Celtic, Madrid etc etc

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I'd also like a new striker and I think the profile's important, we have guys like Auba and Martinelli, can maybe count Pepe if he's here next season, one of Nketiah or Balogun will probably be here too. But the profile that's missing is the big man, we don't have a big lad up front.

Young guys like Darwin Nunez and Dusan Vlahovic look promising. Both still have a lot to work on but they both look built for the PL.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Still annoys me that we didn't execute our buyback on Bennacer. He's better than Xhaka and homegrown?

Breezy

OUTS -
Luiz (End of contract)
Ceballos (End of loan)
Lacazette (1 year left)
Nketiah (1 year left)
Elneny
AMN
Bellerin
Kolasinac
Torreira
Guendouzi
Chambers
Nelson/Pepe/Willian (One of these)

Pretty much a list of players who are currently on loan, not good enough/out of favour or have a year left on their deals. *I think* you could probably get £120-180M from the above even during a Covid hit market. AMN value will be around £20M after his loan, Bellerin I still think could leave for around £30M to Barca, Torreira and Guendouzi should be £30M for the pair, Chambers I think is a £10-15M player all day etc etc. So there's certainly money that can be freed up.

In addition to that the above players make up roughly 700k a week on our wage bill. So letting them all go would free up a further £33M in wages, along with the 3 musketeers who left permanently this window which was £26M a year in wages.

I know we are once again looking at making losses, but I firmly believe we'll spend a good chunk this summer to get the squad to 85% of what Arteta wants.

INS -
Mat Ryan permanently
A backup left back, maybe a PVA type
Ødegaard but only IF his loan spell goes well, if not you go for Buendia
Hakimi to replace Bellerin
Bissouma
A striker to replace Laca

Ryan and the backup left back should cost peanuts. Ødegaard would probably be around £30-40M if his loan goes well, if not then you start looking at Grealish and Buendia and what they'd cost. Grealish would be a dream but fairly unrealistic given his price.

Hakimi price tag is supposedly £30M, Bissouma would be around the same. All in all not including a potential striker signing you'd be looking at £100-150M spend, which is doable with the right sales.

Inter paid £35M for Hakimi less than 7 months ago, which has proven to be money well spent. So I very much doubt his price tag is going to be £30M.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
In: Tarkowski/Boly, Amavi, Guendouzi, Bissouma, Oddegaard

Out: Luiz, Chambers, ANN, El Nenny, Xhaka, Nelson, Lacazette, Nketiah, Kolasinac, Willian

---------------------------Leno
-Bellerin----Tarkowski--Gabriel-----Tierney
-----------------Partey---------Bissouma
------Saka----------Oddegaard--------Pepe------
---------------------------Auba

Bloodbather

Established Member

Doing it in Serie A though, most flop in the Prem.

He has the type of skills that would cut it anywhere, though. Workhorse with great vision and technique. Would be perfect next to Partey.

It's quite annoying that there are not one, not two, not three but four Hale End graduates out there that would fit our current needs perfectly and are excelling elsewhere. (Bennacer, Musah, Gnabry, Malen)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Honestly, I like the look of Joe Rothwell also. What is he like @Rex Banter? Good enough replacement for Ceballer?

I mean he’s ok when I’ve seen him but I don’t know if he’s much more than a bottom half of the league player tbh.

Not sure if he’s someone who’d be an improvement on Xhaka. Think he’s 26 or so as well.

DaSilva I think is pretty talented, he’s got a touch of Ross Barkley about him where he loses the ball in tight areas a lot.

Still think Olise’s the guy. He can do it all and he’s still a teenager.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
We need Grealish, just so the brexit pundits start liking us again, they don't like the black london boys like Saka and ESR

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Think I'd go for Toney this summer. 20 in 26 now for the season which is an even better rate than Watkins last season and we've seen how good a striker he looks in this league.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Think I'd go for Toney this summer. 20 in 26 now for the season which is an even better rate than Watkins last season and we've seen how good a striker he looks in this league.

Those are good numbers but I took a look at clips and he doesn't look elite imo, Watkins moves different, he's a level above I think

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Those are good numbers but I took a look at clips and he doesn't look elite imo, Watkins moves different, he's a level above I think
Yeah I can understand that but we keep seeing these championship players becoming quality in the premier league and then becoming out of our price range so why not take a chance on him? Of course knowing us we'd buy him and he'd flop :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom