• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

ThePortugueseGunner

I honestly believe that this squad needs a revolution. The thing is, we don't have the money to pull of one of those transfer markets like Chelsea did when Abramovich took charge.

So, before thinking about who we should buy, I think it should be prioritary to sell all the "junk" we have in our team. We have too many players that will never meet the requirements to play in a Premier League contender, which is what Arsenal should be - and until we start acting like one, we won't become one.

I would like to see a lot of departures: Bellerín, Marí, Luiz, Mustafi, Sokratis, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Willian and Aubameyang.

Now, selling aside, I think that we urgently need a right-back, a centre-back, a central-midfielder, a nº10 and a striker. Either hot prospects, or quality players with proven work in a good team. We can't afford to spend more money in uncertainties.

We should definitely buy Ødegaard, I think that he's clearly shown that adaptation won't be a problem, he's still young, has a lot of potential and can be one of the faces of the Arsenal's squad revolution. A creative nº10 with a lot of G/A potential.

There are a lot of players out there that Arsenal could take a chance on. Champions League football next season would be great leverage to raid clubs that won't make the competition. Borussia Dortmund, for example, may not get there (even though it's tight in the Bundesliga), and if went there, it could be the ace up our sleeve to convince players to join us.

I don't know, I've been way more into the squads around Europe, nowadays my knowledge isn't so deep. But even in the Premier League there are a lot of players laying around that would probably do a better job than the ones we have starting every weekend.

I would also keep an eye on the Portuguese League. Lots of quality players leave the league every year. Sporting has been having a great season, but I don't think there are a lot of players that could make the jump to Arsenal just yet. Maybe João Palhinha, who has been the most important player in the squad, to me, would be worth keeping an eye on. Nuno Mendes has everything to be Portugal's starting left-back for the next decade and a half, but I heard Manchester City has an eye on him.

Just my two cents.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Alexander Isak is the one at center forward. Watched the Sociedad-Barca game the other day, and although Sociedad got absolutely hammered, Isak really stood out.

The guys got everything, tall, rapid, can come deep or go in behind, can take defenders on 1v1 and his starting to score more this season. He's only 21 as well.

He will be the one to get for the clubs that fail to get Haaland.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Alexander Isak is the one at center forward. Watched the Sociedad-Barca game the other day, and although Sociedad got absolutely hammered, Isak really stood out.

The guys got everything, tall, rapid, can come deep or go in behind, can take defenders on 1v1 and his starting to score more this season. He's only 21 as well.

img_xisasa_20200305-170425_imagenes_md_terceros_foto_inside_semifinal_copa_del_rey-kCn-U482835238227DJB-980x554@MundoDeportivo-Web.JPG

Joestlaachmkr

Isak is a decent player, but he’s also very inconsistent. He reminds me a bit of Kanu in that sense.

There are far better options out there.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Isak is a decent player, but he’s also very inconsistent. He reminds me a bit of Kanu in that sense.

He's only 21, it's reasonable to expect inconsistencies in his game. He's got the raw ability to explode though if he continues to refine his game.

I don't really see many other players in that age bracket who we could realistically get that would be much better to be honest.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I've actually been positively surprised by him this year, he's definitely taken another step and has the potential to continue to develop quite a bit imo.

Not saying there aren't better options though and I'm curious to which players you're thinking of? :)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Fabian Ruiz Napoli midfield is perfect partner for Partey he more box to box can score assist he linked with many top teams. De luarentiis will probably ask for 80m like always.

Malky

Established Member
Sign Ödegaard permanently.

Go big for McGinn.

Sell Bellerin.
McGinn is class.
Doesn't get the praise he deserves and criminaly overlooked (probably because he's Scottish ) Lad also has the same warrior mentality as Tierney. I'd be all for a Partey/McGinn CM partnership.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
CLIVE'S DREAM SUMMER - Emerson Royal, Bissouma, Ødegaard, Isak

----------------Leno
E.Royal - Saliba - Gabriel - Tierney
--------Partey - Bissouma
--Saka --- Ødegaard --- Auba/Pepe
----------------Isak

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Another midfielder from Serie A i would like is Locatelli from Sassulo the problem Italian players don't like change league.

And Rodrigo de Paul who definitely going to leave this summer Leeds been heavily linked and he'll cost 30m euros someone to keep eye on if our efforts signing Ødegaard failed.

Impact

Established Member
Another midfielder from Serie A i would like is Locatelli from Sassulo the problem Italian players don't like change league.

And Rodrigo de Paul who definitely going to leave this summer Leeds been heavily linked and he'll cost 30m euros someone to keep eye on if our efforts signing Ödegaard failed.

Both are good players but possess the wrong profile. We need agile, fast, and mobile midfielders. Those are weaknesses of the aforementioned. I'd pass.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I honestly believe that this squad needs a revolution. The thing is, we don't have the money to pull of one of those transfer markets like Chelsea did when Abramovich took charge.

So, before thinking about who we should buy, I think it should be prioritary to sell all the "junk" we have in our team. We have too many players that will never meet the requirements to play in a Premier League contender, which is what Arsenal should be - and until we start acting like one, we won't become one.

I would like to see a lot of departures: Bellerín, Marí, Luiz, Mustafi, Sokratis, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Willian and Aubameyang.

Now, selling aside, I think that we urgently need a right-back, a centre-back, a central-midfielder, a nº10 and a striker. Either hot prospects, or quality players with proven work in a good team. We can't afford to spend more money in uncertainties.

We should definitely buy Ödegaard, I think that he's clearly shown that adaptation won't be a problem, he's still young, has a lot of potential and can be one of the faces of the Arsenal's squad revolution. A creative nº10 with a lot of G/A potential.

There are a lot of players out there that Arsenal could take a chance on. Champions League football next season would be great leverage to raid clubs that won't make the competition. Borussia Dortmund, for example, may not get there (even though it's tight in the Bundesliga), and if went there, it could be the ace up our sleeve to convince players to join us.

I don't know, I've been way more into the squads around Europe, nowadays my knowledge isn't so deep. But even in the Premier League there are a lot of players laying around that would probably do a better job than the ones we have starting every weekend.

I would also keep an eye on the Portuguese League. Lots of quality players leave the league every year. Sporting has been having a great season, but I don't think there are a lot of players that could make the jump to Arsenal just yet. Maybe João Palhinha, who has been the most important player in the squad, to me, would be worth keeping an eye on. Nuno Mendes has everything to be Portugal's starting left-back for the next decade and a half, but I heard Manchester City has an eye on him.

Just my two cents.
Although I don’t agree on every single name you listed my biggest gripe with the squad is that it is burdened by quite a bit of deadwood that needs clearing out. The January transfer window was a start, but Kola for example might be back once his loan ends. Hope we can move out at least a couple CBs more, with at least Luiz leaving. Wouldn’t mind Bellarin leaving also. Plus selling some of the academy players that are not starting to raise funds for bigger needs.

Breezy ®

And Rodrigo de Paul who definitely going to leave this summer Leeds been heavily linked and he'll cost 30m euros someone to keep eye on if our efforts signing Ödegaard failed.

Locatelli is class, would be a good Xhaka replacement. But as you said Italians tend not to travel well and usually get homesick pretty quickly.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom