• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
To me, Isak makes a lot of sense.

1. He's already got an understanding with Ødegaard.
2. He drifts into pockets on the left, which would allow Martinelli to make them diagonal runs.
3. He has a great touch, which is good for build up play.
4. Athletic presence.
5. Good age and will only get better
Is Isak having a so-so season this year though? 4 league goals in 15 games sounds a bit disappointing, even if he's done well in Europe and Internationally. Any thoughts about why he's dropped off a bit?

Zaza

Patrick Schick and Cabral are the two realistic gettable options. We were linked with Schick in the past. Dude reminds me a lil bit of RVP. He's good in the air, quick, great technique and scores goals.
Cabral is good but I wonder if he's relative lack of pace would be an issue.
The ultimate dream for me would be Joao Felix. This guy would fit like a glove in this side.

Patrick Schick and Cabral are the two realistic gettable options. We were linked with Schick in the past. Dude reminds me a lil bit of RVP. He's good in the air, quick, great technique and scores goals.
Cabral is good but I wonder if he's relative lack of pace would be an issue.
The ultimate dream for me would be Joao Felix. This guy would fit like a glove in this side.
Just seen your boy Schick's compilations, dude is cold as ice in front of goal! Wonder why I have never heard of him!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We had confirmed Interest in Abraham and DCL. So we were looking at homegrown lone centre forwards of a particular type. They different from Jonathan David and Isak who do not have that aerial threat.

I don't think Toney will ever score enough to be in the same bracket. Also on the foreign market we have Schik, Arthur Cabral and Vlahovic.

Schik, Vlahovic, Cabral, Abraham and DCL.

Schik and Abraham literally just moved. I think it is unlikely we buy players who have only moved to their club a year ago. They also seem pretty brittle.

I like Cabral. Is he a risk? Does he have the right mentality? That is for scouts to determine. However, I think his all round game has a lot to offer. I think we would be silly to pass up on him. It's not like a Daka who relies on getting in behind. Cabral literally scores all types of goals and has a combination of strength and skill. Link play wise he seems the closest to Lacazette, but he attacks the box in the air and the ground and has the shot power to score outside the box. Not to mention unorthodox finishes like overheads and volleys. I just feel technically he looks the cleanest out of everyone.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
We had confirmed Interest in Abraham and DCL. So we were looking at homegrown lone centre forwards of a particular type. They different from Jonathan David and Isak who do not have that aerial threat.

I don't think Toney will ever score enough to be in the same bracket. Also on the foreign market we have Schik, Arthur Cabral and Vlahovic.

Schik, Vlahovic, Cabral, Abraham and DCL.

Schik and Abraham literally just moved. I think it is unlikely we buy players who have only moved to their club a year ago. They also seem pretty brittle.

I like Cabral. Is he a risk? Does he have the right mentality? That is for scouts to determine. However, I think his all round game has a lot to offer. I think we would be silly to pass up on him. It's not like a Daka who relies on getting in behind. Cabral literally scores all types of goals and has a combination of strength and skill. Link play wise he seems the closest to Lacazette, but he attacks the box in the air and the ground and has the shot power to score outside the box. Not to mention unorthodox finishes like overheads and volleys. I just feel technically he looks the cleanest out of everyone.
Only judging from Youtube clips but the one thing i don't like about Cabral is he seems to play at walking pace.

I'm not his biggest fan, just because of his inconsistent finishing, but Watkins makes a lot of sense. Tireless runner, runs into the left channel so he can interchange with Martinelli. He'll constantly make runs for Ødegaard to find. Imagine the press with Martinelli, Ødegaard, Watkins. He's a gooner.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Only judging from Youtube clips but the one thing i don't like about Cabral is he seems to play at walking pace.

I'm not his biggest fan, just because of his inconsistent finishing, but Watkins makes a lot of sense. Tireless runner, runs into the left channel so he can interchange with Martinelli. He'll constantly make runs for Ødegaard to find. Imagine the press with Martinelli, Ødegaard, Watkins. He's a gooner.
Walking pace? I just get thr sense that he knows how to use time and never feels like he is in a rush. Feels more like spacial awareness to me. Firmino is quite similar.

I'd also add that the intensity of players tends to match their league. I remember watching Willian play for Shaktar. He barely ran. Was incredibly lazy. Then I saw his work rate under Mourinho. It was crazy.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Walking pace? I just get thr sense that he knows how to use time and never feels like he is in a rush. Feels more like spacial awareness to me. Firmino is quite similar.

I'd also add that the intensity of players tends to match their league. I remember watching Willian play for Shaktar. He barely ran. Was incredibly lazy. Then I saw his work rate under Mourinho. It was crazy.
Like i said, i've only seen a few clips, you probably know more than me about him. I just think Ollie Watkins, without being the glamour striker we all want, might be the one we need. He could glue it all together. I doubt he'll ever be prolific, but he did get 14 goals, 9 assists last season. If he can add that, along with his workrate to the side, we'll have a dangerous attack.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Thoughts on Iheanacho? I liked him at City, thought he was an ice cold finisher. Seems to have really nice touches and hold up play. He has a bit of everything imo.
Pretty good player, can see the logic behind him but don't think he's shown enough over a full season before to be our main man personally. End of last year he was on fire but he's been in and out of the team with only 2 goals so far this campaign. Hard to make a case that he significantly improves us.

If we're going to Leicester with a sack of cash it should be for Tielemans.

Makavelii

I'm sold on Patrik Schick as by far the best option that's out there for us.

I don't understand why we keep getting only linked with Calvert Lewin, Isak and Vlahovic.
These are either not top quality or don't fit what we need.
There's other options out there like Schick, Darwin Nunez and Arthur Cabral (although I hear he's close to signing with West Ham).

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Emmanuel Dennis? 8 goals, 6 assists this season. Looks to have settled into the prem. Seems to have a bit of everything. Recently turned 24. Could be bad blood with him and Watford after they refused to let him go to AFCON.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom