• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Floating

Established Member
WE MUST BUY:

1 Experienced, Ready-Made CB = Brede Hangeland (£8m)
1 Experienced, Ready-Made CM = Xabi Alonso (£18m), Mathieu Flamini (£?), Felipe Melo (£12m), Gokhan Inler (£10m), etc.

LUXURY BUYS:

1 Promising CB: Sebastien Bassong, Cristian Zapata, Mamadou Sakho
Edin Dzeko for Adebayor!
Yuri Zhirkov

After those two changes, our team next season could look like this!

Almunia/Fabianski
Sagna/Eboue - Touré/Gallas - Hangeland/Djourou - Clichy/Gibbs
Nasri/Walcott - New CM/Song - Fabregas/Denilson - Arshavin/Rosicky
Eduardo/Van Persie - Adebayor/Bendtner

Just Hangeland and a new CM with experience and leadership would improve us IMMEASURABLY. Our team needs its spine ripped out and replaced with Adamantium, and hopefully we can make two signings that would give us that boost.

Spam

Established Member
Thommybhoy said:
Spam said:
Matej Delac. Definitely.
:)
Where did You hear about him?
Ah, you're Croatian! I've known about Delac for a few months, and for Inter Zapresic, he is Immense. A clean sheet during a 3-0 win over the weekend wasn't it?

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Yeah, but against so crappy team it's beyond possible almost.
He is great prospect, only 16, very young and yet very calm, smart and "grown up" like he was much much older.
But on Arsenal wish list, dunno....

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Barry is too slow and defensively he's a liability. He works well as a central mid with a more defensive one behind him though. Or as the more defensive of two central midfielders lying very deep perhaps. We probably won't play like that though, considering the players we've got for next season, and if we did I rather Nasri or Denilson in that role. To replace Song with Barry is not an option and hence I don't think he is what we need, reduced price or not.

FunGun

agreed, barry is not an arsenal player in my opinion.
i'm liking the look of federico fazio for central defence
and miguel veloso in midfield
bite and the energy we are lacking

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Well, I'm gonna put Mertesacker on here. I think he's had a good season at Bremen. Been linked to us quite a bit in the past, hasn't he? Probably won't cost much more than the Lescotts and Hangelands of the world while he's both younger and has got a higher roof. Not to mention, he's taller than both. How often do you find 6 ft 6 tall defenders with good technique who also happens to be Arsenal supporters?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
But he always look very weak defensively when he played for Germany. He is a good prospect like Tasci, just a little thin and shaky.

I think he will cost alot. at least 12m

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
That's becaus he's forced to play with Lahm and Metzelder whenever he's with Germany, though - possibly the two defensively weakest defenders in top football. I have this feeling that if we don't get Mertesacker now he'll cost £25 million the next time we might be interested. Right age, right height, technically good enough... give him one season to adapt and he's there physically as well.

Gurgen

Established Member
Mertesacker is not really the 'animal' people on this board are calling for though. In fact he is the kind of defender who specializes in defending without making any fouls.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Yeah not overly aggressive but still good mind.

I think there are a lot of good defenders and players for that matter lurking in the fatherland.

Floating

Established Member
THOSE WHO KNOW, tell me about the following players:

* Angelo Palombo - CM/DM, Sampdoria, 5'10", 27 years old

* Moustapha Bayal Sall - CM/DM, St. Etienne, 6'3", 23 years old

* Federico Fazio - CB/DM, Sevilla, 6'5", 22 years old

* Alessandro Gamberini - CB, Fiorentina, 6'1", 27 years old

* Cristian Zapata - CB, Udinese, 6'2". 22 years old

* Demba Ba - ST/AM, Hoffenheim, 6'3", 23 years old

Good enough for the Arsenal? :?:

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
As I wrote in the other thread, I like Zapata and Sall but I wouldn't trade Djourou and Song for them. Haven't seen enough of Demba Ba.

kamikaze80

Established Member
i've seen a little bit of ba, he's quick and wiry, like a basketball player. great athlete. i think he'd be a good signing for a team like everton, fulham, etc trying to secure a uefa cup place.

entropy13

Established Member
Gamberini: Highly unlikely to be let go by Fiorentina; that's why they let Ujfalusi go in the first place

Fazio: Sevilla is in a difficult position with their defense; they're either quite old or quite young. It would be hard for them to part with Fazio, very promising player.

Palombo: Very versatile, can play as CB as well; have been off the radar lately though (i.e. not exactly being exceptional this season)'

Zapata: Promising, quite good but would be like having another Djourou or Song, only he has to adapt first.

Spam

Established Member
Zapata hasn't been the same player since his injury, I'd love Montolivo from Fiorentina for us. Like a younger Andrea Pirlo.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom