• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Kraig

Established Member
dream land stuff...

J.Cole
Essien
Torres
Chiellini
Barry
Lescott

realistic dream land stuff...

Barry
Naldo
Green
Van Der Vaart

ricky1985

Established Member
For those who watch both Serie A and La Liga, who do you think is the better player; Mahamadou Diarra or Momo Sissoko?

nazo

Established Member
Diarra's been injured for most of the season right?

Sissoko (apparently) has been outstanding this season.

ricky1985

Established Member
I said in another thread, based on what I've heard about Sissoko (some very high praise indeed), and my prior knowledge of him at Liverpool, I can't believe there aren't people clambering for us to sign him. he is probably the most perfect fitting centre midfielder out there.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
He's great. Always thought he was being mistreated at Liverpool. I just have one objection: I don't know if he'd compliment Cesc well. It's the same reason I'm a bit cautious with Cana. Normally both of them would be good players for us but when we're signing someone it's equally about how to get as much as possible out of Cecs. We all saw how good he was when being paired with someone like Flamini. I'd like for us to find a player with those attributes again. Perhaps Cana is the better choice of the two with that in mind although Sissoko probably is a better player. Not that I would complain if we signed either one of them, mind you. :)

ricky1985

Established Member
I think Cesc and Sissoko would do pretty well together. Sissoko has the most amazing ball winning abilities I think I've seen. It would certainly 'release' Fabregas a little more.

LeTallec

Sissokos ball winning ability was amazing for us but he lost it as well which was annoying as hell. He has been brilliant at juve though but i guess time on the ball helps.. He has 3 lungs though coz he never gets tired.. I remember being at cardiff and he was the only person on the pitch still going

ricky1985

Established Member
LeTallec said:
Sissokos ball winning ability was amazing for us but he lost it as well which was annoying as hell. He has been brilliant at juve though but i guess time on the ball helps.. He has 3 lungs though coz he never gets tired.. I remember being at cardiff and he was the only person on the pitch still going

I reckon he'd be one hell of a signing for us. Still remember the speculation leading up to him leaving you lot. I couldn't believe it at the time, I know it had started to go wrong for him, but everytime I watched him he was a monster for you.

If you lose your bias for a second, who would you rather have in the centre of your midfield; Sissoko or Mascherano?

entropy13

Established Member
Arturo Vidal (D RLC) - CHI
Naldo (D C) - BRA
Alexei Berezutsky (D LC) - RUS
Vasili Berezutsky (D RC) - RUS
Per Mertesacker (D C) - GER
Angelo Palombo (D C/DM) - ITA
Raul Albiol (D C/DM) - ESP
Lucho Gonzalez (M C) - ARG
Ricardo Montolivo (AM C) - ITA
Alberto Zapater (DM/M C) - ESP

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Chiellini
Dzeko
Sissoko X2 (the young and old one)
Alonso
Hazard
Ribery

Muharraqawi

Apparently Naldo has said that he wants to join Marseille, would love to see him in an Arsenal shirt and I think that he has all the attributes we are looking for in a central defender.

Floating

Established Member
qs said:
I'm with you. Cana and Hangeland would make a massive difference to us.

Absolutely, mate. They would give us physicality, leadership, an iron backbone, experience, and two quality players in their peak ready to step up to the highest level.

Picture this:

Almunia
Sagna - Touré - Hangeland - Clichy
Arshavin - Fabregas - Cana - Rosicky
van Persie - Adebayor

Now, that's assuming many things: Adebayor staying, Rosicky being fit, us playing a 4-4-2, etc. For all I know, it might not even be our best formation and our best XI, but we'd have loads of options and quality through and through. What a difference two signings could make!

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom