• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Navas is a better version of Walcott/Lennon, don't need someone like him plus he has huge illness so its impossible.

I like Falcao too but Hulk has been their star man this season and constantly better while the former faded away. Shakthar have some top SA talents though

Sottobosco

I'm sure Nilmar could play upfront on his own but a total guess as Villarreal always play 4-4-2 and he hardly gets the chance to practise it. Your other question, I post more on Spanish forums then here.

I think the Navas problem is talked about too much. It never became an issue in the World Cup and given he is 25 now, I expect it to be even less of an issue. Besides, can you really say no to a top quality winger who has made key contributions in 4 different cup finals [UEFA Cup 2006, UEFA Cup 2007, Copa del Rey 2010, World Cup 2010]? Given Arsenal's problems in finals, this kind of player should be welcomed 100% at Arsenal and be top of everyones wishlist.

NasrisShoelace

Established Member
Navas is very good at what he does but I'm not a big fan of his style of play. But if he wanted to come here and the price was right I wouldn't say no. Everyone talks about how we never have a replacement for Robin but our wide options are just as big an issue. Only Theo and Nasri are reliable and neither of them has had a full season of consistent top class performance. Arshavin is frustrating and he's getting older. A signing for the flanks is vital.

Navas or Sanchez?

outlaw_member

Established Member
Until Nasri and Theo stepped up this season, our flanks were the biggest problem for me. I'm still not convinced with our attack. It's too unreliable fitness wise, although it has shown great promise when available.

We also need to address Song's position, if he doesn't improve his ability on the ball.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
I still think it wiser to replace people who are defintely not good enough to even do a fill-in job at this level (Denilson, Rosicky, possibly Diaby) with kids who might (even if that job isn't much more than 100% commitment), before thinking about replacing guys like Alex Song who struggles against teams like Barcelona, but is certainly good enough for most league and European games.

P_Gunner

DaG said:
Navas is very good at what he does but I'm not a big fan of his style of play. But if he wanted to come here and the price was right I wouldn't say no. Everyone talks about how we never have a replacement for Robin but our wide options are just as big an issue. Only Theo and Nasri are reliable and neither of them has had a full season of consistent top class performance. Arshavin is frustrating and he's getting older. A signing for the flanks is vital.

Navas or Sanchez?

Navas isn't in Sanchez's league. Sanchez is an absolute beast, easily one of the best wingers around today. Signing a player like him would really push this club up another level.

Bossa

Established Member
I rate Silva much higher than Navas and Silva is not setting the EPL a light.

Navas is a great player but not suited to the EPL at all. He will be breaked like a twig.

Bossa

Established Member
Elia

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYcqjlQSxbE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYcqjlQSxbE</a>

been following him for a while now.

NasrisShoelace

Established Member
Bossa said:
I rate Silva much higher than Navas and Silva is not setting the EPL a light.
Silva has been excellent this season, he's won City's Player of the Month award a few times. His performance level has actually been higher than Nasri/Nani, he just doesn't score enough which is why he doesn't get as much praise.

NasrisShoelace

Established Member
Also, for those wanting an attacking RB Mauricio Isla is a very interesting player, I love watching him play. Fantastic engine, very agile, and always a presence down the right. Similar to Alves in some ways, obviously not as good.

There is light

Yes silva has been really excellent despite this being his first season in the EPL, especially this year. He hasn't been better than nani or nasri throughout the season but this year he has outperformed both of them, he's got a great understanding with tevez now, he'll only improve. Problem is city play de jong, barry, yaya, milner alongside him and they don't create a lot inspite of controlling the game and the possession, mancini's started to play balotelli and dzeko now and the goals and assists are starting to flow for silva now, i believe there's a lot of goals and assists in him, he's got great positional sense and his finishing is very good.

Don't want either navas or elia here. Really can't see nilmar succeeding in the lone striker position in the EPL, he's too old to move out of spain anyway. :p Can see vela as well going down to spain, he would love it there.

KY

Established Member
As a logical solution, Taye Taiwo. He's good, young and most importantly free! Solves a problem if clichy leaves.

entropy13

Established Member
Not much known yet, but according to Yougguns Wenger appealed to the FA to be able to make an emergency loan for a GK.

Who is available then?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Out:

Almunia (2m), Clichy (12m), Denilson (8-10m), Rosicky (4m)

In:

Traore (from loan), Lansbury, Coquellin/Frimpong, Bartley, JET, Pato/Hazard (20m+)

Strongest team next season:

----------------Szcesney-----------------
--Sagna-----Djourou----Koscielny-----TV--
--------Cesc----Song------Wilshere-------
--Theo----------RVP--------------Nasri---

Very able back-up/rotation players:

---------------Fabianski-----------------
--Eboue-----Squillaci---TV--------Gibbs--
--------Ramsey--Diaby----Nasri-----------
--Arshavin-----Bendtner-----------Pato---

and that still leaves the likes of Mannone, Lansbury, Coquellin, Frimpong, Bartley, Traore, JET and Chamakh.

This depends on TVs injury state. if he doesn't return anywhere near 100% then he becomes the defensive/midfield utillity man and we buy another defender. Although I rate the guy perhaps Diaby can go and be replaced with a reliable midfielder (Arteta/Parker?).

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Vrsaljko (Dinamo Zagreb)
Sakho (PSG)
Toulalan (Lyon)
Hazard (Lille)
Sanchez (Udinese)
Cavani (Palermo/Napoli)

I can be unrealistic, it is wish list after all. If we sign either of them I'd be over the moon.

Out:
Almunia
Denilson
Squillaci
Eboue
That's more realistic :)

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom