• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Herbas

yousif_persie said:
Sell Almunia why the hell you keep him here, sell squillaci sell denilson sell bendtner sell mannone sell rosicky sell chamakh.

and when we sell we will have decent money to buy 2 decent/useful players.

We don't lack money. What's the point to get even more money, when we don't spend them.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Herbas said:
yousif_persie said:
Sell Almunia why the hell you keep him here, sell squillaci sell denilson sell bendtner sell mannone sell rosicky sell chamakh.

and when we sell we will have decent money to buy 2 decent/useful players.

We don't lack money. What's the point to get even more money, when we don't spend them.

no i say that cuz when we will sell them we must replace them oh i forget to add arshavin and diaby on the list. oh my we have alot of average players here.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Herbas said:
DJ_Markstar said:
Two quality widemen
Creative midfielder fit to lace Fabregas' boots
Sell off the dross who never play

That's about it for me.

Messi and Ronaldo.
Would fit us perfectly.

Both prefer to play centrally :lol: square pegs in round holes again :(

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
What we really, desperately need in January.

1. A wide forward capable of beating a full back and scoring goals, none of our current wingers can do it anywhere near consistently enough.

2. A striker, I don't think anybody needs me to tell them how much of a disaster it would be if RVP goes down without a reliable back up.

3. A midfielder. Wilshere is at least a month away from returning, and even then, who knows how long it will take him to get back to his best, we can't afford to wait that long. Someone who can create chances on a regular basis, as well as contribute to the goal tally is needed.

4. A left back. Santos is out till march and while Gibbs should be back soon, it's **** to rely on him for that amount of time. Doesn't have to be world class, just as long as he's a competent left back, that's good enough. Playing CB's there is absolutely crippling us both defensively and offensively.

Without at least 3 of those 4 being brought in, top 4 is pretty much impossible. 2 or 3 world class players and a competent full back Wenger, you owe us this. We simply cannot afford to fall out of the Champions League places, it's a slippery slope and I fear we may not be able to get back into it for a long time.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, time to use the cash we've been saving up for years.

Airknight

Established Member
Would go for a LB and a striker/winger, with those buys we can grasp top 4 comfortably.

Wilshere can add versatility to our midfield and not screw up with Arteta's fitness, while Wenger can (and has to) experiment with the midfield to find if we can attack effectively with what we have or we really need a proper AM..

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
MDGoonah41 said:
we need a new manager with new ideas

A new manager with new ideas with a poor squad and no money = back to square one.

Not saying Wenger is perfect, but he is the lesser of many, many evils right now.

mo50

Established Member
Cesc/Nasri surplus, 11m profit over the last financial year and whatever we had in the bank before (estimated to be between 30-50m) the summer are available. Heck, Wenger should have access to more considering we're owned by a billionaire.

kopzilla

Always Negative
Floating said:
Sessegnon is decent, but he's being played like a second striker right now, which is why his end product is good. Doubt he'd be anywhere near as productive out wide.

He is a gem of a player.

Without him they would be in the relegation zone.

ebouenolike

Established Member
The players I'd absolutely love us to get are offensive players. Even though we're conceding more than I'd be happy with I do think a lot is down to injuries meaning we're putting mediocre CBs at full back, which will always cause some problems.

In: Fernando Llorente or Agbonlahor, and either Podolski or Loic Remy.

Out: Arshavin, Chamakh and Squillaci.

Segway

Agbonlahor? He's been off the radar for almost 2 years now. He has the characteristics that we need up front but does he have the quality and the consistency?

fabo

6.51 / 10
I don't think so. Would be very underwhelming.

As a squad option fine but we need a significantly better wide attacker than what we currently have IMO, don't think Agbonlahor is that.

Herbas

Half of the transfer window has already passed without any hint from Arsenal about new players. It seems that it is too much to ask for even a stronger rumour or some negotiation.

fabo

6.51 / 10
It's how we roll mate - weeks of inactivity, then hype up players returning from injury to put a positive spin on our situation.

dpt49

Established Member
fabo said:
It's how we roll mate - weeks of inactivity, then hype up players returning from injury to put a positive spin on our situation.
You're right, and I can reveal the names of at least three top signings this season and they all have EPL experience. We will sign a RB, LB and top midfielder.

Sagna, Santos and Wilshere will be announced soon by Wenger as our "new signings"

We might have a chance to catch spuds after all.

outlaw_member

Established Member
---------------van Persie
Jovetic---------------------------Pato
-----------------Kagawa
-----------Wilshere----Arteta
Santos---Vermaelen-----Koscielny--Sagna
----------------Szczesny

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom