• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

mistaT

Established Member
I wish for even one or two legit transfer rumors to follow....its been dire not having anything to hope for.

Flow

Spread over this and the next transfer window:
Samba IN and Djourou and Squillaci OUT
CB:
- Vermaelen
- Koscielsy
- Mertesacker
- Miguel
- Samba
= BEST CENTRAL DEFENCE IN THE ****ING WORLD (serious)

Baines IN and Gibbs OUT
LB:
- A. Santos
- L. Baines
With Santos being stronger against defensive (weaker) teams and Baines as our °1 LB against teams with good flanks (Man U, Swansea, Spuds etc.)

Podolski IN and Arshavin OUT
RW;
- Gervais
- Podolski
- Benayoun

Granero IN and Rosicky and Diaby OUT
AMC:
- Wilshere
- Ramsey
- Granero
Most important position in our tactic, we need serious depth here

Jovetic IN and Walcott OUT
LW:
- Jovetic
- The Ox
- Ryo

Demba Ba IN and Park and Chamakh OUT
- Robin Van Persie
- Demba Ba
- Podolski

And offload/release the other bullcrap where I'm amazed of they're still part of AFC. (Almunia, Bendtner, Vela, Denilson, etc.)

Unrealistic, yes.

Flow

Floating said:
Sounds good, but we'd actually be LOSING numbers. 6 in, 9 out? Doesn't make much sense in terms of depth.
The guys we're offloading aren't better than our young squad. Then I think (Wenger's philosophy in mind) it's better to give for example the chance to a youngster like Yennaris instead of to a oldie like Squillaci. Diaby also doesn't count as a player.

Anzac

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
---------------van Persie
Jovetic---------------------------Pato
-----------------Kagawa
-----------Wilshere----Arteta
Santos---Vermaelen-----Koscielny--Sagna
----------------Szczesny

I'm tempted to say that Honda could be a better fit / more flexible than Kagawa in that hybrid 4213.
For me Kagawa is better suited to playing as the AMC playmaker higher up in a genuine 4231 / 4411,
whereas Honda is primarily a CM B2B playmaker that can interchange with either Wilshere-Arteta-Rambo.

Bossa

Established Member
OUT:
Almunia
Mannone
Squillaci
Diaby
Denilson
Rosicky
Benayoun
Arshavin
Chamakh
Park
Vela
Bendtner

IN
Bartley
Lansbury
Campbell

Vargas
Podolski
Gotze

mo50

Established Member
Bossa said:
OUT:
Almunia
Mannone
Squillaci
Diaby
Denilson
Rosicky
Benayoun
Arshavin
Chamakh
Park
Vela
Bendtner

:shock:

Look at all that dross we've got on our books. Can any of them offer anything to the club? How long will it take to ship them out?

ArseGod

I was thinking about this today and went into full overhaul mode

here's what i got

Out
Almunia
Fabianski
Mannone
Jenkinson (loan)
Djourou 4
Gibbs 10 (he's english)
Ramsey (loan)
Aneke (loan)
Afobe (loan)
Miyaichi (loan)
Diaby 8
Denilson 3
Vela 4
Arsahvin 10
Walcott 25 (English)
Lansbury 5
Frimpong (loan)
Rosicky
Benayoun
Park 1
Chamahk 6
Bendy 7

In: Hazard 25
Goetze 30
Podolski 15
rodallega 10
Biglia 7
Vrjsaliko 10
Cissokho 8
Suarez 15
Dzagoev 10

85 made + 50 in the locker=135-130..

Yes it's a wishlist and this would be the thing of a major takeover/clearout/new manager but damnit, this team would be competitive on all fronts

Anzac

Established Member
mo50 said:
Bossa said:
OUT:
Almunia
Mannone
Squillaci
Diaby
Denilson
Rosicky
Benayoun
Arshavin
Chamakh
Park
Vela
Bendtner

:shock:

Look at all that dross we've got on our books. Can any of them offer anything to the club? How long will it take to ship them out?

Depends if we hold out for market value fees or if we go for a fire sale to move them off the wages.
Even then I very much doubt that AW will want to move too many at once regarding squad harmony.
Bottom line we could still see some of that list still here when AW's current contract expires after another 2 seasons.

IMO even IF the dross was moved in 1 hit,
and replaced with players of the required quality etc,
it would still take 2-3 seasons for that new team to gell because of the numbers required.
IMO we're beyond squad EVOLUTION,
and because of the miss management since '08 we're at the point where REVOLUTION is needed.
That will cost in excess of 100m to resolve to the required standard,
and may take 3-5 seasons to rectify - hence why I'd give any new manager the same time frame that AW's had since 07/08.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
So, Vargas. when we have all of our leftbacks fit, do you start him over Gerv/Theo, or does his role end simply at being an emergency option/utility sub?

and at how much?

Anzac

Established Member
mavelous said:
So, Vargas. when we have all of our leftbacks fit, do you start him over Gerv/Theo, or does his role end simply at being an emergency option/utility sub?

and at how much?

Gibbs - loan,
AA - sell,
Theo - bench/sell/loan,

= playing time as either FB or WF.

outlaw_member

Established Member
It's time to get ambitious;

------------Szczesny
Sagna-Koscielny--Vermaelen-Baines
---------Arteta---M'Vila
-Gervinho------------------Hazard
-------------Jovetic
-----------van Persie

outlaw_member

Established Member
I personally don't believe that Wilshere should be a definite starter at this stage of his career. The kid is only 20 years old, and if there's one thing we should have learnt from Fabregas's tenure, is that it is unwise to place so much pressure on a young individual occupying a key central position. To date, he has only had one full season under his belt, and has broken down in his second season due to being over-played. We need to take it easy with him, so to reap the benefits of a long lasting career, otherwise we will run him into the ground and he'll end up a crock.

Bossa

Established Member
Szczesny
Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Santos
Arteta Song Wilshere
Gervinho RVP Hazard

Fabianski Mertesacker Vargas Coquelin Ramsey Walcott Podolski

I'm not fan of big chances. Just get rid of guys like Rosicky, Squillaci, Chamakh, Park etc. We need two forwards and at least a midfielder or defender.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom