• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Glovegun

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Glovegun said:
I'd love to see Loic Remy up top alongside Robin. We'd be recreating the Bergkamp-Henry combo of yesteryear.

I think Cavani is unrealistic. I think he'll end up at Real or a club of similar stature. Lavezzi would be an incredible signing, fantastic player.

I disagree, the biggest mistake we could possibly make is to drop van Persie in to the SS position, with another player spearheading the attack. Looking past the fact that van Persie is Dutch and has excellent technique, he shares very little with Dennis Bergkamp. He's not a creative player in the traditional sense, and the odd creative pass doesn't suggest otherwise, either.

Any potential front two has to have van Persie as the main CF, with another player deeper than him. I'd actually look for a more mobile, and aggressive runner who can float behind van Persie, rather than a predominantly creative attacker in the mould of Bergkamp. Maybe someone like Jovetic, or Lavezzi, albeit the latter would be brilliant on the wings too.

I have to agree with the general sentiment, though, that Napoli have built a superb team with relatively little money.

I don't think it just based on the fact that he's Dutch. Robin has incredible control, shields the ball well and makes fantastic through passes. He just rarely gets the chance to show it because no-one makes runs off him. Additionally, I don't think he's really got the pace to play the most advanced role in a 4-4-2. I'd love to see him paired with a quick and intelligent forward who can make space for him. Similar to the runs that Welbeck makes giving Rooney more space and room.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Not a big fan of Remy tbh, seems like a brain-dead, pace merchant at times.

Would go for any of Jovetic, Lavezzi or Podolski in the Summer for one of the wide roles, possibly in that order.

Floating

Established Member
fabo said:

Would go for any of Jovetic, Lavezzi or Podolski in the Summer for one of the wide roles, possibly in that order.

I think that's underrating Remy, but I'd definitely prefer one of the three you mention.

Floating

Established Member
One of each position.

CM: Sahin, Fellaini, Martin
WF: Hulk, Podolski, Jovetic, Lavezzi
CF: Cavani, Giroud

Sell or release Squillaci, Almunia, Chamakh, Rosicky, Arshavin. This would probably LOWER our wage bill, and we'd be infinitely more competitive.

Glovegun

Established Member
Floating said:
fabo said:

I think that's underrating Remy, but I'd definitely prefer one of the three you mention.

I just want someone quick, with good off the ball movement who likes scoring goals - and wants to score goals.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Glovegun said:
outlaw_member said:
Glovegun said:
I'd love to see Loic Remy up top alongside Robin. We'd be recreating the Bergkamp-Henry combo of yesteryear.

I think Cavani is unrealistic. I think he'll end up at Real or a club of similar stature. Lavezzi would be an incredible signing, fantastic player.

I disagree, the biggest mistake we could possibly make is to drop van Persie in to the SS position, with another player spearheading the attack. Looking past the fact that van Persie is Dutch and has excellent technique, he shares very little with Dennis Bergkamp. He's not a creative player in the traditional sense, and the odd creative pass doesn't suggest otherwise, either.

Any potential front two has to have van Persie as the main CF, with another player deeper than him. I'd actually look for a more mobile, and aggressive runner who can float behind van Persie, rather than a predominantly creative attacker in the mould of Bergkamp. Maybe someone like Jovetic, or Lavezzi, albeit the latter would be brilliant on the wings too.

I have to agree with the general sentiment, though, that Napoli have built a superb team with relatively little money.

I don't think it just based on the fact that he's Dutch. Robin has incredible control, shields the ball well and makes fantastic through passes. He just rarely gets the chance to show it because no-one makes runs off him. Additionally, I don't think he's really got the pace to play the most advanced role in a 4-4-2. I'd love to see him paired with a quick and intelligent forward who can make space for him. Similar to the runs that Welbeck makes giving Rooney more space and room.

van Persie is not a consistent supplier of fantastic through passes, and that's precisely why he's not ideal as the SS. The likes of Fabregas and Bergkamp who previously assumed the position could thread several throughout a single game. van Persie misplaces just as many as he successfully completes, and he doesn't have the vision or execution to constantly find runners. In any case, van Persie is a better goalscorer, than he is a creator, and that much has become obvious over the past year or two. It's an attractive option, but it makes little sense to alter the one and only successful component of our team. Even someone like Rooney has suffered in terms of goals since he was dropped back to a deeper position, after his 34 goal haul when he was the lead man.

I agree that we could experiment with a partner who would create more space for Robin, but there are many ways to do this. It doesn't have to be a player positioned ahead of him. We can also go down the route of a mobile runner who will work the channels, and has good link up play, but doing so from a deeper position, so we still benefit from a two-man strike force without removing van Persie from his best position.

Floating

Established Member
ebouenolike said:
I'd still love us to sign Matias Suarez, he was bloody fantastic this week again.

Adding him to my list mate. ;)

CM: Sahin, Fellaini, Martin
WF: Hulk, Podolski, Jovetic, Lavezzi
CF: Cavani, Giroud, Matias Suarez

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
ebouenolike said:
I'd still love us to sign Matias Suarez, he was bloody fantastic this week again.

If he came he would most likely be replacing RVP :shock: Doubt we'd be signing him for a decent sum just to have him warming the bench. More likely that Miyaichi and Joel Campbell take up a squad role than Suarez.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
ricky1985 said:
ebouenolike said:
Still a small possibility that this might be true.

Have you watched him much then?

Also claimed by Perez

To finish it all off, it has been reported (i can't verify the veracity of it) that RVP's agent has held talks with Real Madrid already.

ebouenolike

Established Member
ricky1985 said:

I've only caught him via the highlights when we were rumoured to be in for him, and the Europa League. But this week he was just stupidly good in Europa, was desperately unlucky to not score a couple and assist a couple.

His close control and trickery is immense, and he's got a cracking pass and shot. Frankly if the 7m Euros is true then it would look like a steal.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can do a job on the wings too, maybe Wenger is looking to kill 2 birds with 1 stone with Suarez. Was linked to Liverpool last week though, and the Daily Mail are linking him with Barca today.

ricky1985

Established Member
ebouenolike said:
ricky1985 said:

I've only caught him via the highlights when we were rumoured to be in for him, and the Europa League. But this week he was just stupidly good in Europa, was desperately unlucky to not score a couple and assist a couple.

His close control and trickery is immense, and he's got a cracking pass and shot. Frankly if the 7m Euros is true then it would look like a steal.
Cheers. Might have to try and catch a game, I've had a feeling all along that he might end up here.

eye4goal

Established Member
ebouenolike said:

I watched abit of the Anderlecht game and his touch is really good as you say. He's got class but It's hard to tell how clinical a finisher he is. Ideally Suarez would replace Chamakh/Park and we'd buy someone like Lavezzi/Jovetic/J Rodriguez for the wide forward role

Vela

Established Member
Isn't Matias Suarez allowed to go in the summer for around 10 Million? Good replacement for Chamakh/Park.

Alan Dzagoev contract runs out in the summer and will be a free I think.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
I've only seen youtube vids but can i make a really lazy comparison and suggest that Matias is a bit like his namesake Luiz in playing style? Without the racism and general ****yness obviously.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom