• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Would anyone like Christian Eriksen at Arsenal? He's always been very good against top sides, shined against both England and Portugal in a **** midfield and did very well against Manchester United as well.

I could personally see him do well for you. A midfield of Arteta, Song and Wilshere with Eriksen, Coquelin, Frimpong and Ramsey is very exciting. At least I think so.

Could play on the wings as well.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
by marquee signing i'm not thinking Erikssen or Carzola although both are good players neither would make us a title threat.

Floating

Established Member
Next season:

- - - - - - - - - - Szczesny - - - - - - - - - -
Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Santos
- - - - - - - - - Song - Wilshere - - - - - - - - -
Gervinho - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Podolski
- - - - - - - - Cavani - van Persie - - - - - - - -

Floating

Established Member
Cavani is one of the only strikers in Europe that I'd be willing to swap Robin for, and that's saying a lot. That said, I think they'd be a phenomenal pair as well.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Was calling for you to pursue Cavani several months ago. I agree that he's the only striker capable of replacing RVP, both in ability and playstyle.

But, as others mentioned, imagine Cavani AND RVP in a 4-4-2 with Gervinho/New winger and AOC out wide.

Best attack in the league, hands down.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Just thinking about it, Cavani's probably the best potentially available forward around. Top class, good age, great international experience and now Champions League experience as well.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Ron Burgundy said:
Just thinking about it, Cavani's probably the best potentially available forward around. Top class, good age, good international experience and now Champions League experience as well.

Sadly his price is probably going to go up 5-10m just by playing brilliantly against Chelsea.

spartandre217

Established Member
Well there's always Giroud, Yilmaz, Rodriguez, Damiao, Suarez, Higuain, Remy, Rodrigo, Podolski and likely a few more all likely to be available if he wants nothing to do with us.

But given recent trends we're far more likely to promote Campbell and Afobe on massive contracts before doing that :lol:

Glovegun

Established Member
I'd love to see Loic Remy up top alongside Robin. We'd be recreating the Bergkamp-Henry combo of yesteryear.

I think Cavani is unrealistic. I think he'll end up at Real or a club of similar stature. Lavezzi would be an incredible signing, fantastic player.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Cavani is far, far better than Remy and as this is a wishlist...take your Remy madness out of here :p

eye4goal

Established Member
Floating said:
Cavani is one of the only strikers in Europe that I'd be willing to swap Robin for, and that's saying a lot. That said, I think they'd be a phenomenal pair as well.

Not too sure about them as a partnership. Both work best in a 3 man attack I feel. Napoli's football is very different to ours in that they attack at a high tempo mainly through explosive wing-backs.

mistaT

Established Member
Throw 40 million at Napoli for Cavani this summer and they may budge.

Honestly, who else is ready to be in for him aside from maybe Chelsea?

AC Milan, Juventus, Madrid, Barcelona, City and United are all set at forward, while Inter Milan, Chelsea and us are in need.

4-3-2-1 next year:

Chez
Sagna - Verm - Kos - Santos
Song- Arteta - Wilshere
Chamberlain - RVP
Cavani

Ask Santos/Gibbs to supply width on the left, have Sagna play a more reserved role and let Arteta/Chamberlain move up through the right flank when they see fit.

In addition, use the the money we save from cutting Diaby, Denilson, Bendtner, Arshavin, Almunia, Vela, & co. to buy an attacking AM.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
mistaT said:
Throw 40 million at Napoli for Cavani this summer and they may budge.

Honestly, who else is ready to be in for him aside from maybe Chelsea?

AC Milan, Juventus, Madrid, Barcelona, City and United are all set at forward, while Inter Milan, Chelsea and us are in need.

4-3-2-1 next year:

Chez
Sagna - Verm - Kos - Santos
Song- Arteta - Wilshere
Chamberlain - RVP
Cavani

Ask Santos/Gibbs to supply width on the left, have Sagna play a more reserved role and let Arteta/Chamberlain move up through the right flank when they see fit.

In addition, use the the money we save from cutting Diaby, Denilson, Bendtner, Arshavin, Almunia, Vela, & co. to buy an attacking AM.

Milan would not turn down the oppurtuinty to sign Cavani if it arose. A lot of it depends on how Maxi Lopez goes, but the club seem to be hinting of another signing up front already.

Juventus could do with a top class striker if they want to push on from this season and put up a threat in the Champions League. They have been linked with Cavani in recent weeks.

Madrid are still a top class striker short of being unplayable. Benzema and Higuain do a good job, but with the support they have around them, you would expect a lot more. I think they will definitely strengthen up front in the summer.

Manchester City have been complaining about their striking options all year. They will most probably lose Tevez in the summer and will actively pursue Cavani as a replacement, particulary if Mancini is still in charge.

Unfortunetly for us, the chances of signing Cavani now are slim to none.

Floating

Established Member
Cudareli said:
Manchester City have been complaining about their striking options all year. They will most probably lose Tevez in the summer and will actively pursue Cavani as a replacement, particulary if Mancini is still in charge.

That's been more about injuries than their quality. They have Aguero, Dzeko, and Balotelli, not to mention Tevez, Adebayor and Guidetti. They would have to do some serious offloading or change formations to accommodate another.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Floating said:
Cudareli said:

That's been more about injuries than their quality. They have Aguero, Dzeko, and Balotelli, not to mention Tevez, Adebayor and Guidetti. They would have to do some serious offloading or change formations to accommodate another.

For most clubs you would be 100% spot on, but if Cavani is available in the summer they will not miss the oppurtunity to snap him up.

Tevez and Adebayor will more then likely leave, meaning they have Aguero, Dzeko and Balotelli to chose from. Dzeko is not top class, Balotelli is Balotelli and for a team that genearlly plays 2 up front, it leaves just Aguero who can be regulary relied upon.

If it was any other club in Europe, then they would be absolutely chuffed with that attack, though City aren't any other club.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Glovegun said:
I'd love to see Loic Remy up top alongside Robin. We'd be recreating the Bergkamp-Henry combo of yesteryear.

I think Cavani is unrealistic. I think he'll end up at Real or a club of similar stature. Lavezzi would be an incredible signing, fantastic player.

I disagree, the biggest mistake we could possibly make is to drop van Persie in to the SS position, with another player spearheading the attack. Looking past the fact that van Persie is Dutch and has excellent technique, he shares very little with Dennis Bergkamp. He's not a creative player in the traditional sense, and the odd creative pass doesn't suggest otherwise, either.

Any potential front two has to have van Persie as the main CF, with another player deeper than him. I'd actually look for a more mobile, and aggressive runner who can float behind van Persie, rather than a predominantly creative attacker in the mould of Bergkamp. Maybe someone like Jovetic, or Lavezzi, albeit the latter would be brilliant on the wings too.

I have to agree with the general sentiment, though, that Napoli have built a superb team with relatively little money.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom