• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

fabo

6.51 / 10
Park looks like a slightly quicker, but crapper version of Eduardo who does his best work in the box and doesn't suit any roles in our 4-3-3/4-5-1.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
ebouenolike said:
The Jury said:
From what I've seen of him, he's certainly not 'lol' worthy.

I was laughing at whoever said he has looked 'very decent' every time he's been on the pitch. The only game he's been anything more than woefully average was the Bolton game.
I think Clrnc has earned a little more respect than to have his opinions 'lol'd' at. I happen to agree with him, The Jury and Floating, it's baffling Park hasn't been afforded more opportunities or at least a consistent place on the bench ahead of Chamakh. For the most part he's looked quite a bright spark when on the pitch for us.

@Outie, looking at your latest wishlist, has M'Vila played that role much or is he more limited to an out and out DM position?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
ebouenolike said:
The Jury said:
From what I've seen of him, he's certainly not 'lol' worthy.

I was laughing at whoever said he has looked 'very decent' every time he's been on the pitch. The only game he's been anything more than woefully average was the Bolton game.
Rubbish. He played okay for us against Marseille too. At the very least he is better than Chamakh. The 2 reserve games he played he was very mobile and useful too.

The Jury said:
To be honest, none of us have seen enough of him to form a solid opinion, but I fully understand people will anyway.
Actually I did, albeit the Korea games. The standard of the games though isn't the same, but he is a good player.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Thought Park was pretty poor against Marseille tbh. Nervous and out of his depth.

Really need to move him on, Wenger prefers Chamakh on the bench which tells it's own story. If RVP broke down tomorrow, Chamakh would start.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I wouldn't be so sure on Park until we know the full extent of these latest "talks". There could be a hundred reasons for not playing him, and only one is to do with footballing skill.

Floating

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
I wouldn't be so sure on Park until we know the full extent of these latest "talks". There could be a hundred reasons for not playing him, and only one is to do with footballing skill.

I've heard it reported that the "talks" are a renegotiation of the fee we paid for him. Since he can skip out on military duty, we likely owe Monaco more money for him.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Even if there were some issues behind the scenes, where is Park really gonna fit here? He cannot lead the line and looks awkward in wide positions.

Yet another 4-4-2 striker like Vela, Bendtner, Eduardo......although if we did go 4-4-2, I'd only want Edu out of that batch of players.

coopsollini

I like the thinking on Berbatov, he's 31 but he has never had pace, so could probably play another 5 years at the top level. For £10m I'd got for it.

Berbatov scores a lot of goals against poor teams, so we could rest RVP more frequently, playing Berbatov and Podolski upfront, with maybe Arshavin playing a role somewhere also, when he returns.

Glovegun

Established Member
coopsollini said:
I like the thinking on Berbatov, he's 31 but he has never had pace, so could probably play another 5 years at the top level. For £10m I'd got for it.

Berbatov scores a lot of goals against poor teams, so we could rest RVP more frequently, playing Berbatov and Podolski upfront, with maybe Arshavin playing a role somewhere also, when he returns.

Personally I think Berbatov still has a hell of a lot to offer, but I can't see him leaving United to sit on our bench. After all, if you're just sitting around collecting splinters then you'd probably rather do it at Old Trafford and pick up the £20k or so more than he'd make at Arsenal. Not to mention the fact that they are currently a title-winning side, and we aren't. Not yet at least.

I think his most likely destination is probably PSG, or perhaps a Bundesliga club that can afford to pay his wages. And as much as I like Berbatov, he's a bit of a coaster, like Chamakh. I want someone playing back-up to Robin who when they get their chance has the mentality that they can keep Robin on the bench. Someone with a lot of hunger and self-belief.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Berbatov would be quality but I agree he will start elsewhere so no reason for him even to consider a move here.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Wide forward
Back-up CF

Arshavin, Park, Chamakh out. Yossi's loan ends.

One midfielder
Back-up GK.

Ship more duds out.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Agree with @fabo,

Back-up CF is coming and its podolski, playmaker i have feeling that wenger will bring younes belhanda. but i prefer kagawa.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Actually, I wouldn't mind a proper back up to Ches. I'm assuming Fabianski will be offski during the summer, maybe someone like Sorensen.

Experienced and with only a couple more years left in the tank, to give advice and provide a genuine option for the cups.

Flow

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-ar...onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Let's hope he keeps that promise.

It's true. We don't need many players. We need a AMC, a LW, a CF and a GK.
(maybe a CB or a LB, but I think Miguel and Gibbs are good enough)

IN
CF: Giroud, Campbell in the squad as a third striker
LW: Podolski, Ryo in
AMC: Kagawa
GK: Experienced decent goalkeeper. (Schwarzer)

OUT
CF: Bendtner, Vela, Park, Chamakh, Aneke and Afobe on loan
Winger: Arshavin out, Benny deal not extended
AMC: Ramsey and Ozyakup on loan
CM: Diaby and Denilson
DM: Frimpong on loan
DC: Squid and Djourou
RB/LB: Yennaris on loan
GK: Fabianski and Almunia
:shock: Always suprises me how much crap we have.

-----------------------RVP/Giroud/Campbell
Podolski/Ryo------------------------------------Walcott/Gervinho
------------------------Kagawa/Rozza/Oxlade
------------------Arteta/Wilshere--Song/Coquelin
Gibbs/Santos-Koscielsy/Vermaelen/Mertesacker/Miguel-Sagna/Jenkinson
-----------------------------Szczesny/Schwarzer
Looks amazing, and that with only four signings. (and 9 players permanently leaving the club)

musicmonkey

Established Member
Flow said:
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-ar...onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Let's hope he keeps that promise.

It's true. We don't need many players. We need a AMC, a LW, a CF and a GK.
(maybe a CB or a LB, but I think Miguel and Gibbs are good enough)

IN
CF: Giroud, Campbell in the squad as a third striker
LW: Podolski, Ryo in
AMC: Kagawa
GK: Experienced decent goalkeeper. (Schwarzer)

OUT
CF: Bendtner, Vela, Park, Chamakh, Aneke and Afobe on loan
Winger: Arshavin out, Benny deal not extended
AMC: Ramsey and Ozyakup on loan
CM: Diaby and Denilson
DM: Frimpong on loan
DC: Squid and Djourou
RB/LB: Yennaris on loan
GK: Fabianski and Almunia
:shock: Always suprises me how much crap we have.

-----------------------RVP/Giroud/Campbell
Podolski/Ryo------------------------------------Walcott/Gervinho
------------------------Kagawa/Rozza/Oxlade
------------------Arteta/Wilshere--Song/Coquelin
Gibbs/Santos-Koscielsy/Vermaelen/Mertesacker/Miguel-Sagna/Jenkinson
-----------------------------Szczesny/Schwarzer
Looks amazing, and that with only four signings. (and 9 players permanently leaving the club)
I don't think Ramsey should go, we've been thin in the middle at times this season and if anything we should be adding one more to the midfield and not taking any away. Rosicky should be being fazed out soon so keeping a 30 odd yr old and selling a 21yr old with a lot of potential would just be bizarre.

I don't think Miquel has proven enough to take the 4th spot just yet, i feel he needs another year and maybe a decent loan (like Bartley has for Rangers) before he's ready. Still looks a bit lightweight and maybe a Championship loan would help him there. Djourou is adequate 4th choice backup unless Vertonghen comes in.

I think Schwarzer is a complete waste of time and money too. We'll need him for what, one year maybe two at a push? And hopefully (touch wood) it should be a position in which there shouldn't be any injuries or need for rotation. It'd be a complete waste of money for someone we shouldn't need to play. As for his role as a mentor that some have mentioned we should be ok if the rumours about Jens doing his coaching badges here are true. Matinez is pretty talented and could benefit from Fabianski's cup games.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
Jani had an idea that I thought would be better served in this thread.

jani said:
If we realy do get Vertonhen, I would love to see Verm pushed forward into midfield.
Hmmmm...

Szczesny
Sagna - Koscielny - Vertonghen - Gibbs or Santos
Song - Wilshere - Vermaelen - Oxlade-Chamberlain
Walcott or Podolski - van Persie

Better yet...

Szczesny
Sagna - Kos - Vert - KG/AS
Song - Verm
Theo/Lucas - Jack - Ox
RvP

With Ramsey, Arshavin, Arteta, Gervinho, Rosicky (can't believe I'm keeping him in here but he's been doing the business), Mertesacker, and the nonstarters out of KG/AS and Theo/Lucas available as late subs... and Jenkinson, Miquel, Coquelin, Frimpong and Lansbury available for starts to give any of the above some needed rest in the event of fixture congestion (which we would have, God willing, and I mean the Real One not Bergkamp)...

I like this. If we get only half as many injuries as we usually do, and add Podolski, all we'd really need is a viable backup goalie. (Fabianski? No, I've had it with him. Mannone? Maybe.)

I know a lot of you want Goetze, but I don't really know where he fits. I don't want to knock him (or slate him, as you'd probably say in Britain), but I don't think we need him. Podolski fills much more of a need.

I think the setup I described, the 4-2-3-1, and the potential subs/reserves, would be as good as anyone's in Europe. All we'd really need is to keep everybody healthy.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Verms pushed forward?

Don't know, I'd rather try Kos there to be honest if it was to come down to that sort of choice (which is baffling to me anyway, since Vertonghen has experience as DM).

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom