<

The Wish List

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Mini, May 3, 2004.

1. Armor for Sleep

Armor for Sleep New Member Elite

Cabaye
    Afellay (loan)
    Dempsey

That would be a more than decent end to the transfer window imo.

2. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

Dembele
    Isco

Please

3. DiamondGooner

DiamondGooner New Member

Dembele would be one of my no1 targets, imagine him and Cazorla going at the opposition behind the strikers, could be devastating.

I really feel Cazorla needs a wing man going forward from midfield, were to disjointed up front and on the wings for my liking.

4. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Dembele = what Diaby would have been without injuries.

I've not seen a lot of Dembele, but I know he likes to hold onto the ball - sometimes for a little too long too!

5. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

----------------- sneezy -----------------------------

-- sagna --- kos ----- vermaelen --- gibbs ---

--- arteta -------- bender ------ cabaye --------

--------------------- cazorla -------------------------

---------- giroud --------------- podolski ----------

mannone/flappy
    mert
    santos
    wilshere
    ox
    isco
    gervinho

6. FinnGooner

FinnGooner Well-Known Member

Interesting:

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1144769/didier-drogba-and-nicolas-anelka-could-be-sold-by-shanghai-shenhua?cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... ua?cc=5739</a>

So Drogba and Anelka might be available soon. I wouldn't mind signing Drogba for one year. We are still only couple of injuries away from having Chamakh as our main goal threat

7. outlaw_member

outlaw_member New Member

A centrally focused team needs a centrally focused formation such as the 4-3-1-2. It's a better fit for our central patterns.

8. Buhry

Buhry New Member

Looks to have much better control in his dribbling and more acceleration and power than diaby's ever shown for me. I agree that this is probably how Wenger and diaby fans have imagined he'd turn out though, a guy like him driving forward supporting Cazorla with Arteta holding in the Biscuits role would be quite good I think.

If the United game's any indication he does a good amount of closing down and provides a strong physical presence as well as forward drive and penetration though. Seems like the only thing he's lacking atm is a bit of end product, I'm sure wenger could impove him a bit though. And then again assists and goals are not everything, look at iniesta for example, or vieira.

Isco
    Dembele/Cabaye
    Mbiwa

New winger and new CM should be prioritized over a new defender imo, our attack looks very mediocre especially on the wings.

9. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

yea that was my thought. ive given it a lot of consideration. i think against most teams, playing with wide forwards who arent up to par is going to be a net negative. against teams that park the bus, we wont have a chance to counterattack. and lets face it, walcott does not thrive in tight spaces. gervinho is a good dribbler, but hes too passive. if we play a 4-3-3 with width, we dont currently have the personnel to do it. id rather play a narrow 4-3-1-2 with elite central players and a traditional striker partnership

10. eye4goal

eye4goal Well-Known Member

I agree 4-3-3 isn't going to work. Giroud is no RVP, dropping deep to link play isn't as natural to him. He needs two wingers supplying him the same way Ribery and Robben supply Gomez.

11. BeijingBaller

BeijingBaller Member

Christ, my head is spinning. Assuming theo goes, we need at least three players, right? Wide forward, some kind of mid, preferably defensively focused, and a defender. Probably a backup striker too, right?

12. Buhry

Buhry New Member

Tbh we are short in attack even if theo stays. If he goes we'll obviously need to replace him but really we'd need probably 2 new attackers then, at least 1 winger.

13. lee1001

lee1001 New Member Trusted

Very quiet on the Arsenal transfer front. Can anyone say tumbleweed?

14. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

If Dembeles really available for 15m I WANT! Possibly even throw in Arshavin as part exchange as a deal sweetner. A trio of Dembele, Arteta and Cazorla is as technically proficient as any in the league.

15. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Just a few days left for this to happen - Only Lansbury has left thus far.

16. Pea-Tear-Griffin

Pea-Tear-Griffin New Member

Nani
    Fellaini
    Dzeko
    Monreal

Helps to deal with the departures, giving us quality players as well as good pr for the board, which they desperately need.

17. qs

qs New Member Elite

Ben Arfa and Cabaye. Just give Newcastle whatever they want for them.

18. Charisma

Charisma Well-Known Member

I would love Nani here, it would be a upgrade on any of our wingers at the moment. However, if we are being realistic I do not think Ferguson would sell Nani to us.

19. eye4goal

eye4goal Well-Known Member

Agreed. Ben Arfa would replace RVP in terms of individuality, and Cabaye would be an improvement on Song. I expect we'll go for cheaper alternatives(Affelay and some Ligue 1 midfielder)

20. jones

jones Not German FFS Trusted

If those cheaper alternatives are Afellay and say Belhanda I'd be absolutely over the moon, more so than if we overpaid for the Newcastle duo.