• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

MDGoonah41

Established Member
ive never hated lampard like most people do. though i think hes at the end of the road, similar player to rosicky at this point and rosicky cant get a game here

GDeep™

League is very weak
People turning up their noses at Terry and Lampard as squad options? I wouldn't mind having Lamps on our bench, Ferguson too if you believe the rumours. Terry in a rotation system would be quality, his legs are gone though.

tactica442 said:
J Terry? Teammate wag shagger and racist? No thanks.

Does this apply to David Villa too then? Called Özil an ''islamic terrorist'' if I remember correctly. Terry racism issue is still in the air for me, just like with Suarez.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
terry is a poor defender. we shouldn't be rotating, we should have a clear cut 1-2 pairing and a clear cut 3-4 pairing. moving CBs in and out of the starting xi isnt a good idea, imo

jerome2158

Established Member
I'd take lampard but definitely no go for Terry. He's well past it.

Not to mention that I don't see either of them playing for another English team. Might very well be the last generation of real loyal players.

dpt49

Established Member
Terry and Lampard on a "wish list."

This is insane.

Since when do we have Chelsea rejects on an Arsenal wish list.

I know our expectations have dropped but get a grip.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Good business I think, Lampard can play a bit part role while Terry could do the same and also be a inspirational figure/role model to Jack and co.

Anyway, January wish list -

Angelo Agbonna, can play CB and LB
McCarthy
Zaha

Not the most exciting of names, but solid buys, add a Isco in the summer and I think we are looking good.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
MDGoonah41 said:
ive never hated lampard like most people do. though i think hes at the end of the road, similar player to rosicky at this point and rosicky cant get a game here

I like Lampard, I really do. Good pro, can't remember any bad publicity from him down the years, and he's been amongst the best midfielders England produced.

But his good years are over, I don't want us to sign someone who'll be on huge wages but won't contribute enough to justify them.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
redwhiteAustrian said:
Good pro, can't remember any bad publicity from him down the years

Think I've read something about him being drunk in a hotel, jeering American tourists in England right after 9/11. Along with, who woulda thunk, John Terry.

GDeep said:
Does this apply to David Villa too then? Called Özil an ''islamic terrorist'' if I remember correctly.

That was completely fabricated, kicker.de even had to apologise afterwards for quoting some random football bullshit gossip website.

mo50

Established Member
Cudareli said:
Anzac said:
MDGoonah41 said:
its a shame our wage structure is completely ******, because we could pick up sneijder for pennies if we could just pay his £185k per week.

This is what we should be looking for.

An overated, overpaid, out of form, past it midget? There's a reason he is heading to Turkey and that is because he has fallen that far.

Yeah, very weird one that, and just a few posts above he said this:

Anzac said:
Anyone else come to this thread & find the list of names on the main page depressing / uninspiring / unexciting?

Sneijder is finished at the top level. He should've made that United move when his stock was sky high in 2010. I wouldn't want him anywhere near Arsenal.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
ive been reading things to the contrary, that hes looked amazing in training. hes certainly not ancient. his technical ability is top class, i doubt that has disappeared

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
jones said:
redwhiteAustrian said:
Good pro, can't remember any bad publicity from him down the years

Think I've read something about him being drunk in a hotel, jeering American tourists in England right after 9/11. Along with, who woulda thunk, John Terry.

That must've been right after he'd joined Chelsea? Interesting....
Didn't know that, but even if that's happened it's already been a decade ago.

leo_ense

Established Member
___________________Reina______________
__Vrsaljko__Koscielny__M'biwa__Gibbs__
___________________Arteta_____________
____________Wilshere____Cazorla_______
___Walcott_________Michu_____Ben Arfa_

dpt49

Established Member
leo_ense said:
___________________Reina______________
__Vrsaljko__Koscielny__M'biwa__Gibbs__
___________________Arteta_____________
____________Wilshere____Cazorla_______
___Walcott_________Michu_____Ben Arfa_
I quite like that.
M'biwa can play FB as well and Vrsaljko can play RB or LB.
Ben Arfa is a good attacking MF although he is a bit inconsistent and hasn't been as good this season.
Michu is on fire and if we don't get him another of the big clubs will.

They are all experienced and are pretty much the finished article, especially Ben Arfa and Michu, who are already playing in the PL.

I know we need world class players, and these don't fall into that category, but they are all affordable and, let's face it, this is the level of player we are limited to in the transfer market.

So why not?

fabo

6.51 / 10
That line-up is as depressing as the current team tbf. Reina is finished, Vrslkjadkhaskd is a no-mark rookie, defence is still cack, midfield lightweight and unbalanced, Ben Arfa is an overrated showpony who turns up once every 4 or 5 games if you're lucky, he makes Walcott look consistent. Michu is class granted, but you'll pay almost 10x what Swansea did last Summer if you want him. I can't see the top sides doing that yet.

Bossa

Established Member
Floating said:
Bossa said:
Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Vermaelen Gibbs
Diaby Capoué Wilshere
Walcott Jovetic Cazorla

Now that's an interesting line-up.

We have too many of the same right now. That lineup would provide us of a great mixture of speed, power and technique.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Szczesny
- Sagna - - - Mertesacker - - - Koscielny - - - Baines
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Arteta
- - - - - - - - - - - - Cazorla- - - - - Wilshere
- - Nani - - - - - - - - - - - Walcott - - - - - El Shaarawy

That interchangeable front 3 would be a thing of beauty.

Giroud

Established Member
AFC-Phil said:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Szczesny
- Sagna - - - Mertesacker - - - Koscielny - - - Baines
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Arteta
- - - - - - - - - - - - Cazorla- - - - - Wilshere
- - Nani - - - - - - - - - - - Walcott - - - - - El Shaarawy

That interchangeable front 3 would be a thing of beauty.

That would be a quality side, maybe a bit short in quality at centre back. I mentioned El Shaarawy in the Serie A topic yesterday who is an unbelievable talent. Amazing the way he is star man in the Milan attack at the age of 20. Pace, trickery, great finish from in and outside the box as well as an eye for a pass in other words Wenger's perfect forward. He's my favourite player at the moment and maybe, just maybe with Milan's financial trouble and our new sponsorship deals we may be able to sign him one day.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom