• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Anzac

Established Member
Anyone else come to this thread & find the list of names on the main page depressing / uninspiring / unexciting?

Just about every name has some sort of question mark re injury / attitude / quality / capability,
and the better players have less than a handful of pages & are in the lower half of the page.

Floating

Established Member
MutableEarth said:
Oh forgot one player, if M'Vila never comes.....

Milan Badelj. Looks fantastic in German football right now.

Interesting prospect for sure. How would you describe his playing style - is he a box-to-box midfielder, or more of a Xabi Alonso type?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Rosický + cash for Fellani

Nothing against Rosický but if he's not playing because of fitness then that a real worry, and Everton have wanted him before. Could tempt them in our favour if they did decide to sell.

If it were to happen where would people like to see him play?

monkus

A legitimate rumour for a genuinely 'big' player. I almost wouldn't mind if we got trumped by City or Barca or someone, it would be great just as an indication of ambition.

Oh, and Fellani.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
its a shame our wage structure is completely ****ed, because we could pick up sneijder for pennies if we could just pay his £185k per week.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Floating said:
MutableEarth said:
Oh forgot one player, if M'Vila never comes.....

Milan Badelj. Looks fantastic in German football right now.

Interesting prospect for sure. How would you describe his playing style - is he a box-to-box midfielder, or more of a Xabi Alonso type?

He does seem to drift forward, but generally he stays deep like Xabi. Great passing range, great tackler too - plus he has a good shot from outside the area. He seems to position himself extremely well on the pitch, so considering we aren't playing with any destroyer-type DMs, he would be a good fit, as he seems more mobile than Arteta.

He probably needs to deal with the better dribblers a little bit better than he does. He's improving the speed of his distribution too.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
jones said:
Badelj looked extremely average whenever I've seen Hamburg play this season.

I thought that when I watched him at first. He's gotten a lot better as the season's progressed. I would prefer someone a bit stronger and more physical than he is though, admittedly. But considering the kind of players Wenger seems to be after, I wouldn't look much further than Badelj.

Anzac

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
its a shame our wage structure is completely ******, because we could pick up sneijder for pennies if we could just pay his £185k per week.

This is what we should be looking for.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Anzac said:
MDGoonah41 said:
its a shame our wage structure is completely ******, because we could pick up sneijder for pennies if we could just pay his £185k per week.

This is what we should be looking for.

An overated, overpaid, out of form, past it midget? There's a reason he is heading to Turkey and that is because he has fallen that far.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wouldn't want Sneijder, been crap for two years and iv never really been a fan. He done well at Real, Inter under Jose and the WC, good little period for him, to be fair.

You know things are desperate when his people are calling QPR.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Rumours John Terry will leave Chelsea in the summer. I would make a bid, and rotate him alongside our other options.

His leadership would be priceless. Would be good for some of our young English lads to have a former England Captain, League title, European Cup winner etc around the place.

Cole and Lampard linked with Manure.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Init, what the hell, wouldn't want Terry anywhere near the club.

Sneijder is washed up, I would only take him based on the current state of the team and his reputation. Certainly not because of anything he has done recently.

Fellaini would be top of my list, whether we would actually need him iono.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom