• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
My wishlist 2013

Isco
Jovetic
Shaw (if Santos leaves)
Danilo (if Sagna leaves)
Any one of Cabaye, Moutinho, Fernandinho, Gustavo

I think realistically what will happen this window is

Shaw
Adrian
Zaha

danccm

TheCourier said:
Anzac said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some interesting snippits:

1. Barca have turned down a loan offer for Villa from LFC as they want a 16m sale;

2. AW has made a bid for Adrian but it is almost 1/3 below his release clause;

3. Spuds favourites to sign Holtby;

4. We are also chasing Shaw & Zaha.

Maybe I'm going to be shot for this but 16 mil for a 31 year old that's down very little in last 2 seasons. Look at Torres after his injury and how long it's taken. Don't get me wrong I think villa will do it fork us big big time but 16 er no.

Getting shaw would be great and zaha and added. All I ask is this where the hell is spuds getting all this money for these constant buys. They have to have a huge wage bill and have not had cl in years. I wouldn't be too disappointed in losing out on holtby if we got isco or someone like that. Would be calling for mvilla type player before those two though

from what i know Levy has an offshore account where he has kept some money to avert taxes in UK.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
16M does sound like alot when you consider he's 31 but his movement is world class and is probably dying to show he can still cut it, I not worried about him struggling to adapt I think he would suit the EPL and think would he could give to our other forwards.

Cazorla thrives are players like him as did the majority of our midfield. Villa could be the perfect stop gap that allows Walcott to get an understand how to play our striker role and for Giroud to grow. By the time that happens it would be older and more willing to sit on the bench.

DontPushMe

Considering Newcastle is in chaos right now I wonder if we can go back in for tiote. Seems like exactly the player we're missing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Mbiwa, Shaw and Zaha would be nice this Jan.

You feel Wenger is up to something, Djourou looks to be off and Henry isn't coming.

mo50

Established Member
Luis Suarez would be a dream. Exactly what I want in an Arsenal CF. One of their few recent foreign based big money signings and he's come good. To think he cost the same as Downing makes you wonder what type of side Liverpool would have right now if Dalglish didn't squander all that cash.

Vela

Established Member
Clearing the squad out for one and there are so many players who need to move on. Arshavin, Gervinho, Santos, Squillaci, Djoruou, Mannone, Fabianski, Park, Bendnter, Denilson, Chamakh. Then you've got Diaby and Rosicky as well which are questionable.

eye4goal

Established Member
mo50 said:
Luis Suarez would be a dream. Exactly what I want in an Arsenal CF.

Too late now, as he'd probably cost £35m plus. We need someone similar, and I have a feeling Adrian might become a similar player

Pea-Tear-Griffin

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/01/03/3645246/juventus-and-fiorentina-battle-for-rossi-signature?source=breakingnews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... eakingnews</a>

Reported Rossi is available for £4 million. Surely worth such a low fee, even with injuries.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/01/03/3645246/juventus-and-fiorentina-battle-for-rossi-signature?source=breakingnews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reported Rossi is available for £4 million. Surely worth such a low fee, even with injuries.

Was a quality player but not a risk that we can take. A move to Italy makes a lot of sense for him.

outlaw_member

Established Member
It pisses me off that Liverpool bought both Torres and Suarez for under 25 million. Both would have been great CF's for us, albeit several years back in the case of Torres. I would have preferred those two over RVP.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
outlaw_member said:
It pisses me off that Liverpool bought both Torres and Suarez for under 25 million. Both would have been great CF's for us, albeit several years back in the case of Torres. I would have preferred those two over RVP.

We really should have brought suarez at the time we needed a wide forward but ah well these things happen.

Floating

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
outlaw_member said:

We really should have brought suarez at the time we needed a wide forward but ah well these things happen.

Would've broken our transfer record by about 50% mate. Although it was a good deal in hindsight, there's no way we could've spent that much 2 years ago.

yuvken

Established Member
Prefer to RVP? that's pure football you're talking?
(that dude that was one goal under the PL scoring record in a calendar year? the one who took us to third single handedly?)

Only way to compare is that they're bot mega-mega-c*ts.
(Suarez actually wins there, probably). Honestly, I couldn't take someone like Suarez playing for us (though, yes, from a pure football POV he's very good).

jerome2158

Established Member
I'd like for us to be solidly connected to someone, because so far it seems as if every player we were linked to has already been sold to someone else...

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

We will be spending the majority of this window haggling with Walcott and flogging some of our players.

This Lopez one seems to be one of the few credible links. I say credible mainly cause of the price and the stature of player.

Pea-Tear-Griffin

From linked players
Szczesny
Sagna Yanga-Mbiwa Vermaelen Baines (Mertesacker and Koscielny rotate)
M'Villa. Wilshere
Walcott. Cazorla. Podolski
Villa

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom