• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Think I do one of these every week on average!

In: Reina (8m), M'Villa (6m), Pato (15m), Zaha (10m) total: 39m

Out: Fabianski (2m), Djourou (4m), Squillaci (1m), Santos (4m), Denilson (free), Arshavin (3m), Chamakh (2m), Bendtner (4m), Gervinho (6m) total: 26m

GK: Reina, Szczsney
RB: Sagna, Jenkinson, Coquellin
CB1: Mertesacker, Vermaelen
CB2: Koscielny, Miguel
LB: Vermaelen, Gibbs, Coquellin
CM: Arteta, M'Villa, Frimpong
CM: Wilshere, Diaby, Ramsey
CAM: Cazorla, Rosicky, Eisfeld
RWF: Theo, Zaha
LWF: Podolski, Chamberlain
ST: Pato, Giroud

----------------------Reina-----------------------
--Sagna-----Mertesacker----Koscielny-----Vermaelen--
---------------Arteta----Wilshere-------------------
--------------------Cazorla-------------------------
--------Theo---------Pato------------Podolski-------

2nd string:

--------------------Szczsney-----------------------
--Jenks-----Vermaelen----Miquel-------------Gibbs--
---------------M'Villa----Diaby--------------------
--------------------Rosicky-------------------------
--------Zaha---------Giroud-------Chamberlain-------

If we want to make it a little more realistic then swap Pato for Adrian Lopez or David Villa.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pato is an unbelievable player when fit. How often is he fit though, ironic seeing as he is actually available. At just 23 years of age, the risk isn't as high as it may seem.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
you have to be weary of players who have world class ability but their club is willing to sell them. as far as i know, pato's contract isn't running down, is it? they have infinitely more information on him than anyone else, their fitness lab is world renowned, and if they are looking to move him on they must be extremely concerned about his knees. hes a class player and would be amazing here, but id be really worried that they are willing to sell him

benzema has been "leaving madrid" for the last 3 years. he'll probably be there for the rest of his career

Wouterus

Lens is a decent player but I don't think he is Arsenal level. Better than Gervinho, but we should aim higher than Lens. If Lens was 21 I might have said otherwise, but he is 25 and I don't think he will get much better than he is right now.

I can see him move to a mid table club next summer.

Invincible

Established Member
Was watching a replay of a Porto vs Benfica game the other day and one player in particular caught my eye, it's Fernando, Porto's DM.

Absolute beast of a defensive midfielder, can't believe the lack of interest in him: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkaqXlnWLrs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkaqXlnWLrs</a>

Exactly what we need!

eye4goal

Established Member
Wouterus said:
Lens is a decent player but I don't think he is Arsenal level. Better than Gervinho, but we should aim higher than Lens. If Lens was 21 I might have said otherwise, but he is 25 and I don't think he will get much better than he is right now.

I can see him move to a mid table club next summer.

He's probably Newcastle level, but then again Ben Arfa and Ba would both walk into our team right now. If we can get Lens(or a similar Eredivisie player) in January and Isco in the summer, I think we'd have a strong attack next season. Lens is probably on the same stage of development to someone like Adrian Lopez. I am hoping Barca or Madrid get Neymar soon as that could make an Alexis Sanchez, Pedro or Benzema available. We only seem to aim high when it's an opportunistic move like Cazorla

Floating

Established Member
Invincible said:
Was watching a replay of a Porto vs Benfica game the other day and one player in particular caught my eye, it's Fernando, Porto's DM.

Absolute beast of a defensive midfielder, can't believe the lack of interest in him: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkaqXlnWLrs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkaqXlnWLrs</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Exactly what we need!

Interesting — I love Fernandinho of Shakhtar as well, not a typical destroyer but has an amazing engine and can tackle and pass as well as anyone.

DontPushMe

AC Milan News‏@Milanello

Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Milan and Corinthians have reached an agreement for the transfer of Pato: €15 million.

----

Going back to Brasil is in the best interest of Pato. If he has any chance of getting back to his old form, a less pressured situation in Brasil is the best thing for him.

Maybe in a few years, he kicks injury problem, regains form, and we splash big money for him! i kid of course ;)

DontPushMe

Hopefully for once there is smoke with some of the transfer fires. I put
it in Wish list because im sure theres not and we'll end up with 1 youngster and henry on loan.

In:
Villa on loan with option to buy for £16M in the summer - barca owes us
Arda Turan £11M
Mbiwa £10M
Zaha £11M
Henry on loan

Out:
Chamakh £4M
Arshavin £4M
Djourou £6M

Szczesny
Sagna-Kos-Verm-Gibbs
Mbiwa-Wilshere
Cazorla
Walcott-Villa-Turan

A lot we could do with this group. Could even put Cazorla on the right, Turan at CAM, and Podolski on the left.

DontPushMe

Lol OK maybe I was optimistic

Thought I remember rumors of 6-7 for djourou in the summer, some Italian teams were interested

Actually rereading it, getting 4 for chamakh is probably more optimistic

Flow

IN
Turan
Wanyama
Baines
Henry on loan
Sunzu

OUT
Arshavin
Gervinho
Djourou

-------------Giroud/Walcott/Henry
Podolski/(Walcott)------------Turan/Oxlade-Ch.
----------------Cazorla/Rosicky
--------Wilshere/Arteta---Wanyama/Diaby
Baines--Vermaelen-Koscielny-Sagna
--------------Szczesny

MDGoonah41

Established Member
a new LB (shaw, willems, insua, or someone else)
a new RB (i don't have anyone in particular in mind, just an upgrade over sagna)

a new wide forward
a defensive minded midfielder

and MATS HUMMELS

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
That's kneejerk, Sagna had a stinker today but is usually very reliable.

Agree on the rest except for Hummels, huge hype job plus I can't stand the smug ****er. If we're throwing realism out the window anyway I'd much rather have Chiellini.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom