• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Here's a player who's going to be sold for £40m plus in the future - Juan Quintero.

say yes

forum master baiter
Begovic - 15m
Williams/Richards - 10m
Kongdogbia - 15m
Pogba - 20m
Willian/Lamela - 30m
Suarez - 50m

Just do it. You can thank me later Arsenal.

Cruisio

Established Member
I'll do what I consider to be a semi-realistic WISH list which would....ah, make us so much better

Begovic
Ginter
Gundogan
Konogbia (if money is truly no object than Pogba)
Draxler
Lamela

I'd love to stick a striker in there too but what i've put would already blow our whole budget (and then some) and I feel with those signings we'd be alright with Giroud, then Podolski and then Walcott

MDGoonah41

Established Member
the only players on there that will go for less than £15m are begovic and ginter. 2 of 6 realistic is not semi-realistic!!

Cruisio

Established Member
Semi realistic in terms of players who MIGHT come

Because to me a real wish list should contain the likes of Ronaldo and Messi etc :D

Floating

Established Member
Four players, in order of priority:

1) Reus / Rooney / Suarez / Lamela
2) Pogba / Bender / Kondogbia
3) Begovic / Casillas / Guaita
4) Ginter / Sakho / Richards / Alderweireld

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Is there anybody in Southamerica we could go for?

Top level talent in Europe have already went or are playing in bigger clubs, and rather buying mediocraty here what gambles are available in Brazil/argentina?

Floating

Established Member
YeahBee said:
Is there anybody in Southamerica we could go for?

Top level talent in Europe have already went or are playing in bigger clubs, and rather buying mediocraty here what gambles are available in Brazil/argentina?

There was Paulinho and Bernard. I'm sure there are still other talented players ages 18-20 that I have no idea about.

Apparently Dede who signed for Cruzeiro is supposedly quality.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
We need a GK, a CB, a DM, a LM and a CF. All of which, apart from maybe the CB, need to be starting quality. Plenty of options for each position except CF so no excuses.

Goalkeeper
Begovic, Rene Adler and Julio Cesar would all be obtainable and would all improve us.

We should also be keeping an eye on Iker Casillas' situation at Real Madrid. He hasn't started a game for ages now, and despite a new manager coming in, he still seems to be behind Lopez in the pecking order for some reason and must be getting frustrated.

Defender
Phil Jagielka, Adil Rami, Mamadou Sakho and Toby Alderweireld would all be astute signings who would not only provide cover, but also push for a starting spot alongside Koscielny.

Benedikt Howedes and Kyriakos Papadopoulos should also be considered.

Defensive Midfielder
Real shortage of quality in this position in the world at this point in time, almost all of the top DM's play for elite clubs already, the Busquets and Martinez's etc. I'm still gutted we missed out on Gustavo.

Blaise Matuidi, Fernando Reges, and Maxime Gonalons are the only remotely realistic options I can think of off the top of my head. I've also heard it mentioned that Danielle De Rossi has 1 year left on his contract and might be open to a move, in which case we should be all over that.

Left Midfielder/Winger
We need Cazorla in the middle as much as possible, meaning somebody else has to play on the left. Chamberlain is out for the foreseeable future, and Podolski is not good enough, so we need some quality here.

Willian would be nice, I've only seen him a handful of times when he played for Shakhtar, but he's always looked brilliant to me and with the rumours of Anzhi looking to ship everyone out we should go in for him.

Some other options could be Arda Turan, Mathieu Valbuena or maybe Eric Lamela or even that guy from Fiorentina who's name I wont even attempt to spell. Should also keep a close eye on the situation with Juan Mata at Chelsea. Very unlikely that there's anything in it, but it was reported earlier in the summer that he wasn't in Mourinho's plans, and he was on the bench on Sunday. If there is even the smallest chance of getting him we should be in there with a big bid.

Striker
Probably the most important signing, but also unfortunately the one with the least amount of choice. We have one proper CF and he isn't near good enough to be first choice for a team looking to compete for the title.

Luis Suarez would still be my first choice, and I would hapily pay £50million for him. Absolute world class striker with the ability to do just that little bit more than most and create something from nothing. He'd get us an extra 10 points a season by himself.

Not really many other options available apart from him, Michu maybe. Benteke has signed a new contract so he's a no go. We could just throw the £40million we bid on Suarez at Dortmund for Lewandowski, i'm sure they'd prefer to lose him to us for £40m rather than to bayern for nothing in a years time. Highly unlikely we'd be able to convince him to join us though, regardless of what we offer in terms of wages.

Floating

Established Member
Four or five players, in order of priority:

1) Striker: Rooney / Suarez / El Sharaawy / Muriel
2) Midfielder: Pogba / Bender / Fernando Reges / Kondogbia
3) Goalkeeper: Begovic / Casillas / Adler / Guaita
4) Winger: Reus / Lamela / Ljajic / Willian
5) Defender: Ginter / Sakho / Richards / Alderweireld

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
due to dutch traditions and style of play you'd that Alderweild could even be the DM we are looking for? looks very comfortable in passing and we do have a predecent in turning a cb into dm, didn't we even flirt with the idea of Kolo way back when in similar regards?

Striker/DM are a must, absolute must

Striker: Juve have two surplus striker now, albeit 29/30 years of age but both would be improvements, and are more or less the type of players we should be looking at.

DM: at this points Flamini is a must, but better is desired

Don't care for new wingers nor a new goalkeeper, we have proven players atleast and youngster to blood

Pires7_Legend

1) Begovic - 12.5million
2) Sakho - 12.5million
3) Pogba - 25million
4) Lamela -25million
5) El Sharawy - 25million (would love to have Suarez but wont happen now)

100million spent!

Floating

Established Member
Pires7_Legend said:
1) Begovic - 12.5million
2) Sakho - 12.5million
3) Pogba - 25million
4) Lamela -25million

100million spent!

I would love this, but El Sharaawy will probably go for 30-35m unfortunately.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
what is Hargreaves up to?

him and Flamini should be able to get atleast 30 games between them?

rotate them in the clinic, painkillers every other alterning week?

Pires7_Legend

Floating said:
Pires7_Legend said:
1) Begovic - 12.5million
2) Sakho - 12.5million
3) Pogba - 25million
4) Lamela -25million

100million spent!

I would love this, but El Sharaawy will probably go for 30-35m unfortunately.

I think 30million will do it. Like him as a player, can play as CF or on a wing aswell. Tricky and pacey will give us something else as a CF we have already target man in Giroud. Apperantly we have 70-100mil to spend + we cleared tons of deadwood, so our wage bill should be cleared big time + we got another 10mil from Gervinho and Mannone sale.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Pires7_Legend said:
1) Begovic - 12.5million
2) Sakho - 12.5million
3) Pogba - 25million
4) Lamela -25million

100million spent!

El Shaarawy? really not even a true striker

surely he has the most amount of games as a winger?

Pazzini would be the better bet, heck Super Mario? :wink: no scratch that the dude is hilarious get him!

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom