• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Richard Remy are Europa league signings. we need much more quality signings if we want to compete with the likes of Chelsea and Man City.

Giroud

Established Member
Coleman - 15m
Schneiderlin - 15m
Vela - 3.5m
Costa - 30m

GK: Szczesny/???
RB: Coleman/Sagna/Jenkinson
CB: Mertesacker/Koscielny/Vermaelen/Sagna
LB: Gibbs/Monreal
CM: Ramsey/Schneiderlin/Flamini/Arteta/Rosicky
AM: Özil/Cazorla/Wilshere/Rosicky
RW/LW: Walcott/Ox/Vela/Wilshere/Gnabry/Campbell
ST: Costa/Walcott/Giroud

Plenty of strength and depth in there I feel without spending a completely unrealistic amount. I wouldn't mind seeing Podolski go but if we let players like Arteta, Sagna, Vermaelen and Giroud leave in areas we're already short we're in the territory of needing 8 or 9 players which is completely unrealistic. We need to add to this squad not replace if we're to challenge throughout the whole season.

fabo

6.51 / 10
I'd like a midfielder but would be ok with sidestepping the issue if if meant getting two attackers.

Walcott and Özil as starters, 2 other spots need revamping. With pacy players.

E

Enoch

----------Pogba------Ramsey-----------

-------------------Özil---------------

Walcott---------------------Santi(New winger)

-------------Quality Striker-----------

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Richards replacing Sagna would be disastrous. He fills in the same positions and is younger, but offers half the ability and you'd have your fingers crossed that he won't get injured every time he steps onto the field.

I like the side Giroud has and I'd be thinking similar myself, although I don't see the need for bringing Vela back. I think we have enough wingers at a similar level to him and if we can't find a gem out wide we should just stick with what we have and just splash out on a striker.

It's key that we don't let both Bac and Verm leave. If they both leave we'll just be making things messy for ourselves.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Haven't done these in a while so here goes nothing.

Ivan Rakitic - Closest player to someone like Vidal or Ramsey in Europe, probably even outperforming the former this season. Plays both CM and AM comfortably, better than someone like Kroos who'll go for double his rate. Contract expires in 2015, 15m should be enough to get him if Barcelona don't step up their interest.

Sebastian Jung - Younger and much better defensively than Coleman, doesn't score as many as the Irishman but you'll get your 10+ assists each season from him. Pacier than most wingers in the league, great stamina, similarly reliable athlete as Bac. 10m would definitely get him here, probably less but I'll gladly overpay for this one.

Diego Costa - Think I've said enough about this man in the past, I reckon he'd better Suárez' goal tally here. Has everything you'd want from your starting striker, plus he's built like an ox, never gets injured despite running like a mad dog for 90 minutes each game. 35m, easily worth it.

Renew with Vermaelen and Sagna, let go of Podolski and Arteta. If there's still place for another non-HG player in the squad get Ginter, can deputise at CB and is very capable in CDM as well. Three new starters is the maximum though, look at Sp**s and what good it did them building a new squad in a couple weeks of time.

Giroud

Established Member
CurryFlavoured said:
Richards replacing Sagna would be disastrous. He fills in the same positions and is younger, but offers half the ability and you'd have your fingers crossed that he won't get injured every time he steps onto the field.

I like the side Giroud has and I'd be thinking similar myself, although I don't see the need for bringing Vela back. I think we have enough wingers at a similar level to him and if we can't find a gem out wide we should just stick with what we have and just splash out on a striker.

It's key that we don't let both Bac and Verm leave. If they both leave we'll just be making things messy for ourselves.

Every time I see Vela these days he impresses me. He seems to have matured a lot since he left Arsenal and he's got pretty much everything you would want in a wide forward. Ox, Gnabry and possibly Campbell as well are very talented but they are a good step behind Vela in terms of development and with his best years still ahead of him that buy back clause of 3.5m is a steal for me.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
jones said:
Haven't done these in a while so here goes nothing.

Ivan Rakitic - Closest player to someone like Vidal or Ramsey in Europe, probably even outperforming the former this season. Plays both CM and AM comfortably, better than someone like Kroos who'll go for double his rate. Contract expires in 2015, 15m should be enough to get him if Barcelona don't step up their interest.

Sebastian Jung - Younger and much better defensively than Coleman, doesn't score as many as the Irishman but you'll get your 10+ assists each season from him. Pacier than most wingers in the league, great stamina, similarly reliable athlete as Bac. 10m would definitely get him here, probably less but I'll gladly overpay for this one.

Diego Costa - Think I've said enough about this man in the past, I reckon he'd better Suárez' goal tally here. Has everything you'd want from your starting striker, plus he's built like an ox, never gets injured despite running like a mad dog for 90 minutes each game. 35m, easily worth it.

Renew with Vermaelen and Sagna, let go of Podolski and Arteta. If there's still place for another non-HG player in the squad get Ginter, can deputise at CB and is very capable in CDM as well. Three new starters is the maximum though, look at Sp**s and what good it did them building a new squad in a couple weeks of time.

Rakitic is quality player but isn't he a bit offensive central midfielder? we really need a defensive midfielder to protect the defense and replace Arteta.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Pogba is a bizarre suggestion.... especially for a holding midfielder, he's one of Juve's most attacking minded players these days and often offers one of their most dangerous attacking threats.

One thing he doesn't do is sit there as act as an anchor for the midfield. If we didn't have Ramsey here and were in desperate need for that type of player he'd be the first name on the list.

For me Schneiderlinn, Gundogen, Bender are three names I'd consider.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Rakitic is defensively very capable, positionally more astute than Ramsey for example. We could accommodate playing both there or just one, even play him in the hole with Özil on the wings in big games etc., lot of options to play with.

Pogba on the other hand is a horrible idea, extremely talented but will go for Galactico money and is not what we need right now, plus plays in the position in which our arguably best player plays in. Bender is having a stinker this season, decent player and could do a job for us but wouldn't bring us to the next level, same with Schneiderlin. Gündogan is a huge risk right now, hasn't played football in about a year now and there's still no return date from his doctors, at the moment the World Cup and even his long term career are threatened.

eye4goal

Established Member
I wouldn't mind selling Vermaelen if we can bring someone like Martinez. We'd improve our midfield, and still have enough cover at CB.

Buy Benzema/Costa/Balotelli and Reus/Alexis Sanchez and we're set

ArseGod

eye4goal said:
I wouldn't mind selling Vermaelen if we can bring someone like Martinez. We'd improve our midfield, and still have enough cover at CB.

Buy Benzema/Costa/Balotelli and Reus/Alexis Sanchez and we're set

No...we're not. We still need power in midfield. I'd say two bodies. One young One mature. Maybe Bender and Rabiot.

Would love Bender and Veratti. But sadly, even in a wishlist, that looks foolish. I just don't want to see Jack and Ox playing the Ramsey role anymore. They need to be forward further and we need to buy some true engine room type players.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

---------------------Szczesny
-Jung-------Mertesacker---Koscielny-----Felipe
----------------Ramsey-----Khedira
Walcott----------------Özil------------Di Maria-----
--------------------------Benzema

Remember this?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23790314" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23790314</a>

I'd do anything for those two in the summer, ANYTHING.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom