• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
Would passing on Cesc in preference of Schniedelin seem underwhelming to anybody else? I like him but he would be underwhelming as our no. 1 midfield target.

Loving the Sanchez rumours but this time last week Balotelli was as good as signed.

Schneiderlin is a top DM, very good defensively but not only that but a great range of passing and rarely loses the ball.

I wanted Cesc but you can't play football with 10 no10s.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I am completely sold on the idea of Sanchez now, perfect player for us. Still pro Balotelli but am prepared to let it with Campbell being back up for both wing and CF. In terms of defence haven't deviated away from Richards or Aurier as two young (ish) full backs who can comfortably slot in at CB. For CM want energy so there are a plethora of options but after turning down Cesc I want a big signing (Martinez/Vidal).

Sell Podlski/Giroud and Vermaelen.

--------------------Szczsney--------------------
--Aurier-----Mertesacker--Koscielny------Gibbs--
-----------------Ramsey-----Martinez------------
-------Cazorla----------Özil-------Sanchez------
------------------------Theo--------------------

back up:

---------------------New GK--------------------
--Jenks--------Martinez----Aurier------Monreal--
-----------------Wilshere----Diaby/Arteta-------
-------Campbell--------Rosicky---------Oxlade---
------------------------Giroud-------------------

Martinez 35m
Sanchez 35m
Aurier 8m
Campbell back from loan

Income: Cesc/Vela 15m
Podolski/Giroud 10m
Vermaelen 10m
Djourou 3m
Coquellin 3m

Pies

All the Griezmann links gone quiet?
Seems like the perfect Arsenal player to me.
Skillful, French, sexy....

Floating

Established Member
Pies said:

I'd much rather have Sanchez, and the links to him are very strong at the moment.

truth_hurts

Floating said:
Pies said:

I'd much rather have Sanchez, and the links to him are very strong at the moment.

Agreed. No space for Griezmann unless we lose both Cazorla/Podolski and Campbell. If it became a choice between Griezmann and Remy however... no brainer.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Going through the latest rumours, what would be the most effective front three?

Walcott - Sanchez - Di Maria

or

Walcott - Balotelli - Sanchez

truth_hurts

Penn_ said:

or

We haven't been linked to Di Maria!

------------------Özil----------------------
-----Walcott----Balotelli------Sanchez------

would be explosive. Wilshere/Rosicky, Campbell, Ox and Gnabry waiting in the wings as young back-ups.

To be honest it would only be 1 of Mario/Sanchez/ Di Maria

I would take Sanchez, Mario, Di Maria in that order simply due to best fit and goals combined.

truth_hurts

So all our rivals have signed players. Plenty of time but I'd like something this week even if it is just a Fabianski or Sagna replacement.

Iceman10

Established Member
Penn_ said:

or

The dream of Sanchez and Di Maria - was wondering when that was going to come up here :lol: Hope we get one of them anyway.

truth_hurts

bingobob said:
Walcott Sanchez Di Maria for me.

Someone PM Arsène get it done.

Would kill Miyaichi, Wellington and Sanogo - oh this is the wishlist topiic isn't it so lets do it!

trunks206

Established Member
------------Howard

Yedlin---Per---Kos---Cole

-------Vidal---Ramsey

------------Özil

Walcott-------------Ox

----------Sanchez

Tim Howard is ****ing immense. Top 5 keeper in world football, he deserves better than Everton. Plus he got goals in him :wink:

Deandre Yedlin did more going forward while coming on as a sub tonight than Gibbs did all season. For someone who gets forward as much as Gibbs his end product is insanely poor, sign Yedlin for pennies (he's only 20 too!) and grab Ashley Cole on a free and we improve our fullback options wonderfully while still keeping the balance of our fullbacks which we currently have (one who loves getting forward and one who is a rock defender) Yedlin will only get better, he won't be here in Seattle much longer. :(

Go all out for Vidal for obvious reasons. Him and Ramsey would boss all comers.

Sanchez at CF being supported by Theo and Ox with Özil picking runs would be an eyegasm :shock:

Title winning side for no more than 75m not including all the departures money.

Flow

Witsel please. He doesn't deserve the Russian league.

Witsel/Ramsey/Özil is a brilliant midfield, best of the world stuff.

Anzac

Established Member
Not a Wish List but a question/option.

Saw an 'interesting' suggestion that we should consider Medel as an option as both CMD and as cover for CB based upon his WC performances.

Anzac

Established Member
My wish list for CF = Muller.

I know he's not suited to our current CF role but I love that he's always looking to try to score and looks to attack space = the perfect 'target' for Özil.

US_Gooner

Established Member
Flow said:
Witsel please. He doesn't deserve the Russian league.

Witsel/Ramsey/Özil is a brilliant midfield, best of the world stuff.
Pass.

USA's mediocre midfield went around him like he wasn't on the field.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I'd be all over Muller as well, he's a bit unorthodox but looks really good playing central for Germany. He doesn't suit the way Bayern play under Pep at all either from what I've seen.

Caz19

Anzac said:
Not a Wish List but a question/option.

Saw an 'interesting' suggestion that we should consider Medel as an option as both CMD and as cover for CB based upon his WC performances.

Seems far to small for me to be a CB TBH, though he does win most of his aerial battles despite his height.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom