• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
1macca1 said:
I'd be delighted if we just added M'Vila and Afellay to the squad now, there aren't that many gaps in our squad and those two + Podolski and Wilshere added to last seasons side would be enough for a strong title challenge.

I agree, would be over the moon with those 2 players. With a bit of injury luck we could be in a title race.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Podolski? The only way I can see us buying Afellay or another wide-forward is if Podolski was bought primarily to play CF.

outlaw_member

Established Member
If Podolski is starting on the left, then we would still need another body upfront. If Podolski-Van Persie-Walcott is our first choice attack next season, and we're lining up in the FA Cup and decide to play a second string XI, we'll be forced to start Podoslki, unless we use Chamakh or Park who really don't deserve ****. I'm for playing Podolski in place of Van Persie when he is absent, but we do need another striker in the squad.

truth_hurts

Jasard said:
M'Vila, Afellay, Giroud? Quite possible, dreamy, wont happen.

Diaby and Wilshere will be like new signings and Afobe/Campbell have super quality potential - I think this will be Wengers reasoning to why they won't sadly :(

fabo

6.51 / 10
outlaw_member said:
If Podolski is starting on the left, then we would still need another body upfront. If Podolski-Van Persie-Walcott is our first choice attack next season, and we're lining up in the FA Cup and decide to play a second string XI, we'll be forced to start Podoslki, unless we use Chamakh or Park who really don't deserve ****. I'm for playing Podolski in place of Van Persie when he is absent, but we do need another striker in the squad.

100%, we have no depth in attack = not good enough.

The reality is that we won't sell BOTH Chamakh and Park, so the problem is already 'sorted' in theory.

iced22

If we're gonna get Affelay or somebody in that vein, then I'd prefer Podolski not be used full time on the wings. Instead, have him fill in both out wide and up front depending on circumstances.

Realistically though, Arsène will probably have one of Park, Chamakh, Bendtner, Vela, or Campbell act as third choice.

mo50

Established Member
Joel Campbell will be our reserve CF. Podolski will also be able to deputize if RvP is unavailable. In that case Gervinho/Chamberlain/Walcott will play out wide. Number wise (which is all that seems to matter these days) we're well stacked. Qualit wise we are quite bare. I don't see RvP having another brilliant season too.

I'm more worried about the AM position tbh. 1 quality signing in this position would improve us more than any other potential signing could. I'm praying that Jack can step up to the plate.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I have a feeling Joel Campbell will be back at Lorient next season or elsewhere in Europe on loan. He won't be able to get his work visa for another year and I think he needs to spend more time elsewhere to gain experience too, judging by his minutes at Lorient he doesn't seem ready to contribute here yet.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
1macca1 said:
I have a feeling Joel Campbell will be back at Lorient next season or elsewhere in Europe on loan. He won't be able to get his work visa for another year and I think he needs to spend more time elsewhere to gain experience too, judging by his minutes at Lorient he doesn't seem ready to contribute here yet.
Yeah, I fully agree.

During the times where I've actually decided to watch him play live, he's never actually struck me as an outstanding talent either. There's surely more to come from him, but I think he could do with another year out, for sure.

Floating

Established Member
Irish_Owen said:
1macca1 said:
Yeah, I fully agree.

During the times where I've actually decided to watch him play live, he's never actually struck me as an outstanding talent either. There's surely more to come from him, but I think he could do with another year out, for sure.

Yeah, he has loads of natural ability but he's nowhere near being ready to contribute. If he does get a work permit, I would loan him to a club in the championship (Bolton?), or a newly promoted team.

Vela

Established Member
Loan both Joel Campbell and Benik Afobe out next season, neither of them are ready for the Premiership IMO. Sign someone like Giroud or Demba Ba (release clause) as back up for van Persie.

Yaya

Established Member
But if I had to choose between Campbell and Chamakh, I'd have Campbell, as at least the latter is not absolutely useless when it comes to finishing in a one on one situation.

Anzac

Established Member
GK - ???
FB - Isla / van der Weil
CB - Vertonghen / Sakho
CM - M'Vila / Biglia / De Jong / Capoue
AM - Afellay / Eriksen
ST - Dempsey / Yilmaz type if RVP stays, Cavani / Lewandowski if not.

I could do without another CB unless we sell both Squillaci & JD.

Change the midfield to either play 2 holding CMs to provide cover to the flanks & 1 attacking, OR the inverted pyramid with a ball playing defender & 2 creative CMs going forward - release the handbrake on the front 3.

We lack the intelligence & ability to provide cover to execute the 3 role midfield.

truth_hurts

In light of him becoming available - Danny Sturridge would be a quality signing in RVP, Theo, Podolski and Sturridge we would have 4 goalscorers in the forward line who can play across the front 3 positions. Although all 4 are maybe a little too established to accept a squad role or a wide position.

With the right coaching Sturridge could be RVPs long term successor.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom