• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott Retires

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
12 years at the club, he's due a testimonial, isn't he?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Theo was first choice for Arsenal and England that season until he got injured in that cup tie against Sheffield Wednesday. He was never the same after that.
He missed only like a month of games, came back in early December 2015 iirc, but he was so much wasteful that season. Ended up the season scoring only 5 league goals, probably his worst since becoming a regular.

Besides that away United match I mentioned, I also remember a draw away at Sunderland around March 2016, when he had an open goal to run and shoot to, he was too scared from a tackle by Younes Kaboul of all defenders, and didn't even try to out pace him. Probably had the Euro 2016 in mind, to not miss like he missed WC 2010 and 2014 to injury, the big irony is that Rashford ended up taking his spot in Euro 2016.

albakos

Administrator

Come on brav, he’s not winning a 50/50 against a tank like Kaboul. 😅
The funny thing is that Mannone made a miscalculation when someone made a behind the line pass for Walcott to run into.

Mannone was nowhere close to getting it, all Theo had to do was run to the ball whoch was past Mannone and shoot into an open goal.

He chickened away when he saw Kaboul rushing toward him and Kaboul just took possession of the ball without even needing to tackle.

I am sure you can find a video of it in your videos archive :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The funny thing is that Mannone made a miscalculation when someone made a behind the line pass for Walcott to run into.

Mannone was nowhere close to getting it, all Theo had to do was run to the ball whoch was past Mannone and shoot into an open goal.

He chickened away when he saw Kaboul rushing toward him and Kaboul just took possession of the ball without even needing to tackle.

I am sure you can find a video of it in your videos archive :lol:
This is the best vid I can find:

I’m not gonna blame a guy who’s had as many injuries as Theo for not doing a Wilshere and going in full blooded

Bucephalus

love Theo, proper end product merchant
Interesting that you say this. And the thing is, he probably was, by normal standards.

His trouble was that he came in with such recent memories of Henry. So many times he got himself in Henry positions and blazed over the top. When we were used to the ball being inevitably nestled into the far corner.

Thank you Theo. I retract all my snarky comments over the years about "Row Z" and "born offside". A very good player, and in no way at fault for not measuring up to a legend.

albakos

Administrator

My man @albakos made this into a thread, just so he could kinda **** on poor Theo 😅
:lol: :lol:

During that season he was much worse than Giroud, who somehow gets all the blame for lack of goals during 2015/16.

I gave my respect to Theo in this thread and across the years, but I can't say he was ever my favourite player here (neither was Giroud mind) 🤷🏻‍♂️

Andrew Cole Linighan

Theo from First Day at School look, to Lewis Hamilton look.

Screenshot_20230817-174044.png
Please Sir, I don't like doing Maths, can I do PE instead?

Screenshot_20230817-174156.png
With the Headmaster, at his New School.

Screenshot_20230817-174412.png
With his Favourite Teacher, through the years at this School.

Screenshot_20230817-174638.png
A bit older, going for the Lewis Hamilton look.

Screenshot_20230817-174746.png
Back to where it all started. Come back a lot more Wiser.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i think he could have achieved even more with us if he didn't have few disturbed injury seasons i really felt confident with him front of goal the guy was lethal finisher and his movement behind the fullbacks were so good. not to mention he really great guy.

Tom Mix

Theo is a good boy. He might have made more of his astonishing speed but he had a qood career with us despite being more limited than other players and he hasn't got an ounce of malice in him. All the best amigo.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Capello sounds like an absolute nightmare btw, so many of the England players have ridiculous stories about them.

The stuff I've heard about Capello makes me thing he's either extremely autistic or just a straight up psychopath. The dude seems socially blunt beyond belief, like zero understanding of other people's emotions. Probably a good reason why he never stuck around anywhere for long.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Think Theo was extremely underrated on here when he was at his best, but part of that is probably because he spent so much time constantly coming back from minor injuries. When the guy was fit and got consistent minutes, he was guaranteed goals.

Sad how his career at the top level basically just stopped after 2015. I know he was derided as a pace merchant but those kinds of criticisms have always been dumb to me. If you're a productive player, who cares where that productivity comes from. You use what you got.

You know you had an impact when the GOAT feared you:

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom