• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott: Sold to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandrew

Has probably been discussed before, but, could he be a bit more useful on the LW instead?

He's very one dimensional so he's easy to read/defend at RW. At LW, at least he could develop his dribbling skills and go down the line or cut in on his right?

OSBK

Established Member
Has probably been discussed before, but, could he be a bit more useful on the LW instead?

He's very one dimensional so he's easy to read/defend at RW. At LW, at least he could develop his dribbling skills and go down the line or cut in on his right?

His dribbling skills are the problem. The guy can pulls out messi moment once evry 10 games. Aside from that I cannot remember him taking a player on, and when he did play lw it was not a good for monreal.

I believe there is a system that the guy would flourish in, but its a system that arsenal will never play.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
His dribbling skills are the problem. The guy can pulls out messi moment once evry 10 games. Aside from that I cannot remember him taking a player on, and when he did play lw it was not a good for monreal.

I believe there is a system that the guy would flourish in, but its a system that arsenal will never play.
He'd have done well with Vardy in the Leicester system. He is a counter attacking player. Nothing more.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think we did try this during Gervinho days. Didn't think it work

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
I imagine he'll stay for at least another year. This situation is a bit of a shame all round really, except for Walcott's bank balance.

The lad could offer plenty of value to teams just below Arsenal, a West Ham type club, where his goals will help them. Starting most weeks.

At Arsenal, he'll likely be a fringe player from now on, taking up a squad place that could otherwise potentially be used for a younger player with more footballing ability and the ability to go up a level and force themselves into the team.

The goals that Walcott scores tend to be so boring to watch. Not the kind of player I'd pay to watch. People forget quickly, but many on this forum were singing his praises earlier last season while Ox was (wrongly) sitting on the bench.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I'm not a big fan of Walcott but I never understand why he doesn't get cut the same slack guys like Ramsey and Ox do. So many people come to the defence of the latter 2, but there seems to be a consensus on Walcott. His role should of always been to support the star players and use his speed for counter attack opportunities, he's great when playing with guys like Van Persie or something.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I'm not a big fan of Walcott but I never understand why he doesn't get cut the same slack guys like Ramsey and Ox do. So many people come to the defence of the latter 2, but there seems to be a consensus on Walcott. His role should of always been to support the star players and use his speed for counter attack opportunities, he's great when playing with guys like Van Persie or something.
Probably to do with the contract situation a few years back... The guy ****ed us over. Only after that he was taken to task more over all the weaknesses in his game. Very media hungry as well.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Hes so frustrating, plays like a man possessed one day, and looks **** after a new contract. Looks like he might get going then gets injured. Does 7 goals in 4 games and disappears for next 7. It's like he needs to go and do 10 ayahuasca ceremonies to get himself balanced out

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Had a really good game yesterday. Like I said in Welbz thread, this formation could do him well. He wont be pushed to play to wide, nor he will play as central striker. Its something in between, which is excatly what both him and Welbeck are. Think Welbeck will find it easier since he has good hold up game and physical presence, but with a right setup around him Theo will be very dangerous and useful.
Now I am gonna leave this topic while all the haters do the expected;)

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Both his goals were simple tap ins. Just like how Ronaldo scores tap ins after the likes of Modric/Kroos/Marcelo/Carvajal/Benzema/Bale/Asensio do all the hard work.

If Theo had missed his goal scoring chances then he should have been sold right after the match. All of Walcott's goals are replaceable.

The much despised Lucas would also have surely scored those two goals if he was playing yesterday. :rolleyes:

MATHEO

Had a really good game yesterday. Like I said in Welbz thread, this formation could do him well. He wont be pushed to play to wide, nor he will play as central striker. Its something in between, which is excatly what both him and Welbeck are. Think Welbeck will find it easier since he has good hold up game and physical presence, but with a right setup around him Theo will be very dangerous and useful.
Now I am gonna leave this topic while all the haters do the expected;)

I'm also a big Theo fan and I agree that he would score loads, as he usually does when he is fit. But in this formation in particular, I think that , even though he is gonna chip in with goals, he would ruin our tactical shape.

One of the main strengths of our formation is that we have two floating No 10s on each side, which makes it difficult for opposition midfielders to defend, Özil found his old form really after the switch because having another No 10. next to him does release him and gives him space. Instead of playing as an attacking midfielder, Theo stays too close to his striker which makes our shape very unbalanced.

Theo will score but Im not sure at this moment if the team generally would play better with/without him.

Impact

Established Member
Agree entirely. The benefit of this system is an extra player in between the lines while maintaining width. Theo doesn't have the ball skills to make the most of the role. His game is based off his off-the-ball movement.

Add the fact that Ramsey's game is similar, and we're down to only 2 players in the midfield/forward quartet who are either comfortable on the ball/who are effective most when on the ball players.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Although he did score an excellent penalty today (honestly all the penalties were good today), it was a typical Theo performance once again.

Once again he looked like a deer caught in headlights when the ball was passed to him.

Arsène and the club need to cut their losses with him and move on already. At this point I'm even willing to accept £10m for him.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can't wait until we're finally free of him. There was a time I was one of his biggest defenders and thought he was going to kick on (the season he and Van Persie) had a connection. His numbers were as good as anyone in football out wide

How wrong I was. He's an awful footballer while still being individually effective. His goals to me do not make up for his shortcomings

Sadly he'll be with us this season it seems

carlitobrigante

Looked useless yet again when he came on this season. My main gripe against Theo is how much money he drains from the club, and how if he wasnt here for the same wages we could have real quality. Its not his fault that Wenger insists on persisting with him and chose to pay him crazy wages that mean he is hard to sell on, but his presence in the squad and wages robs us of a potential top top player we could call on.

He doesn't seem to know how best to use his pace, and his finishing has gone backwards big time. He used to look quite lethal in front of goal, not no more. He is now just a skinny and short Gabby Agbonlahor.

I am a massive Wenger fan, huge supporter of his but his indulgment of Theo is the biggest of his Arsenal era mistakes imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom