• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Gabriel handball against West Ham earlier in the season, at a time when the rule was that any handball was a penalty the ball clearly hit his hand and it wasn’t even looked at by VAR.
That's the one I remember too. Gabriel also got away with a soft penalty. I think the count is 7-2 to our detriment.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It’s sad how calling them out does have an effect. On the times Wenger went that far it did feel like we got a few more favourable decisions.
Agree somewhat. I might be imagining it but Anthony Taylor has been pretty good since Wenger got in his face. From the 2017 cup final, I think he's behaved himself.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Ouch. Batman packs a punch.

No one is ignoring our many other obvious problems. We have many.
You however are ignoring this one.

I thought Batman was supposed to be a master detective?
Batman always was a ccward tbh. Never warmed to the character as a child. He probably runs away whenever he’s bang to rights as well.

Reactions: roz

roz

Fake News Merchant
Batman always was a ccward tbh. Never warmed to the character as a child. He probably runs away whenever he’s bang to rights as well.
Should’ve just killed the joker, all those unnecessary deaths because Batman let him live time after time.

Iceman10

Established Member
Practically every pundit agrees Kevin Friend got it wrong in the VAR room for the Burnley handball. Where is the accountability? This is even worse than pre-VAR because back then at least some refs were demoted for a while as a visible form of accountability.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Practically every pundit agrees Kevin Friend got it wrong in the VAR room for the Burnley handball. Where is the accountability? This is even worse than pre-VAR because back then at least some refs were demoted for a while as a visible form of accountability.
He's the 4th official for the NLD this weekend 😄

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
‘Men who make excuses are not men at all’ - Dunno

Why do people think this is only being discussed as an excuse? They're so fearful that this will be used to defend Arteta. THAT IS NOT THE POINT!

Arteta be damned, this has been going on long before him. It doesn't excuse his team selections and our stale play. It doesn't excuse our losses this year, quit acting like that's what we're trying to do here. Know the difference!

This is a problem. It's clear as day. Something needs to be done. I want referees to be held accountable for these terrible decisions and investigated for corruption by an independent third party.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Why do people think this is only being discussed as an excuse? They're so fearful that this will be used to defend Arteta. THAT IS NOT THE POINT!

Arteta be damned, this has been going on long before him. It doesn't excuse his team selections and our stale play. It doesn't excuse our losses this year, quit acting like that's what we're trying to do here. Know the difference!

This is a problem. It's clear as day. Something needs to be done. I want referees to be held accountable for these terrible decisions and investigated for corruption by an independent third party.
You think referees get together before every season and talk about how they’re going to **** Arsenal?

News Flash: We’re not that important.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
You think referees get together before every season and talk about how they’re going to **** Arsenal?

News Flash: We’re not that important.

Don't you understand that this is about refs being absolutely bonkers terrible and not being held accountable? If you aren't going to add anything to the conversation, what are we even doing here? Do you have an argument showing that the refs shouldn't be held accountable for their obviously terrible decisions?

I don't know why the large majority of bonkers terrible decisions have gone against Arsenal. I can think of several explanations, many of which have been discussed here already: corruption, incompetence, unconscious bias.... Where there is smoke there is fire.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don't you understand that this is about refs being absolutely bonkers terrible and not being held accountable? If you aren't going to add anything to the conversation, what are we even doing here? Do you have an argument showing that the refs shouldn't be held accountable for their obviously terrible decisions?

I don't know why the large majority of bonkers terrible decisions have gone against Arsenal. I can think of several explanations, many of which have been discussed here already: corruption, incompetence, unconscious bias.... Where there is smoke there is fire.
No, you’re crying about some imaginary conspiracy against Arsenal.

Alex Jones would be embarrassed.

The same reason they didn’t give a penalty for City when Foden was taken out. They’re inept.

This is not nerve surgery. This is not like getting people to Mars. This is as easy a job as it gets. The ref should spot the handball easily. If not. The VAR should have done it.

It has nothing to do with being inept or stupid. The decision not to give the penalty was made because someone didn't want to give the penalty, not because it wasn't spotted.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If that's what you read from my post; then you don't have the reading comprehension to be worth debating on a forum.
This is not nerve surgery. This is not like getting people to Mars. This is as easy a job as it gets. The ref should spot the handball easily. If not. The VAR should have done it.

It has nothing to do with being inept or stupid. The decision not to give the penalty was made because someone didn't want to give the penalty.
maxresdefault.jpg

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom