• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

maxresdefault.jpg

1615577671240.png

Iceman10

Established Member
The same reason they didn’t give a penalty for City when Foden was taken out. They’re inept.

They’re inept, so that’s ok, do nothing?

For Arsenal we are mid-table but bad decisions are not to be taken lightly, that can mean a lot for clubs battling for top 4 or against relegation.

It is also a long-term prestige issue for the PL. VAR seems to be better applied with less controversy in continental leagues, so the PL had better sort this out if they want to keep growing their worldwide revenues.

The key word is *accountability*.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

They’re inept, so that’s ok, do nothing?

For Arsenal we are mid-table but bad decisions are not to be taken lightly, that can mean a lot for clubs battling for top 4 or against relegation.

It is also a long-term prestige issue for the PL. VAR seems to be better applied with less controversy in continental leagues, so the PL had better sort this out if they want to keep growing their worldwide revenues.

The key word is *accountability*.
Who said it’s ok?

There’s a difference between people not being good enough and people being corrupt. The crying on here over some sort of anti Arsenal conspiracy is pathetic, were you lot crying when Foden didn’t get his pen? When Greenwood didn’t get his pen? When Leeds had a goal disallowed for an arm being offside?

Bunch of babies. Blocked you all. :red:

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
No, you’re crying about some imaginary conspiracy against Arsenal.

Alex Jones would be embarrassed.

I'm not saying that, but let's see if you can even argue against your strawman. You think match fixing doesn't happen?

Iceman10

Established Member
Who said it’s ok?

There’s a difference between people not being good enough and people being corrupt. The crying on here over some sort of anti Arsenal conspiracy is pathetic, were you lot crying when Foden didn’t get his pen? When Greenwood didn’t get his pen? When Leeds had a goal disallowed for an arm being offside?

I don’t know about “crying” over those incidents but I believe there had been a whole thread on VAR here at A-M where many are saying it has been implemented atrociously, with no excuse because across other major European leagues it seems to have been better implemented. Incidents highlighted have been far from limited to Arsenal. It is a consistency issue, and for handball the FA really needs to be working on clarification of rules also, for the sake of consistency. Improvement can only come from the FA acknowledging issues and showing they are working on them. We hear next to nothing from them, i.e. no accountability.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
because across other major European leagues it seems to have been better implemented
The only time VAR looked alright was at the last WC. Don't know about France or smaller leagues, but in the other big leagues it's just as atrocious as in England. It's an absolute ****show in Germany, seen some ridiculous **** in Spain, Italy and the CL. It's muddled the waters and responsibilities and is actually highlighting how **** refs are all over the place.

Iceman10

Established Member
Who said it’s ok?

Wasn’t familiar with you before, but seeing more posts in other threads I see sh!tposting is your style, and you do it well. Need more of that humour here actually. Sry for not figuring it out earlier.

jgirolami

Now it’s ref should have went to monitor and he would have sent defender off also. You couldn’t make this sh it up. Ffs.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

What irritates me with some of the VAR referring and commentary around decisions is that the pictures are often slowed down too much and/or shown from the wrong angle to actually judge it, like with the tackle on Laca against Sp**s. If you see that tackle from behind, at full speed, you can actually judge the impact and force of the tackle correctly and then there is no doubt it is a foul and a penalty. 100%. And this is the angle Michael Oliver had and he made the absolute right decision. From that angle and full speed you can see how Laca's body and leg change direction at once when being hit. From going full speed to the right from his shot attempt to reversing direction. Unless Laca knows how to reverse the motion of mass in mid air, which he cannot, it has to come from the force of the tackle. The speed of the change is also telling, but again something that is masked in how it is shown. By not showing this in countless replays it makes making the right decision very difficult and it is something that I for the life of me do not understand why it isn't standard procedure to go through all angles, at full speed as well as in slow motion. This would give the referees and the viewers the best way to judge the situation. Just frustrating the way it is done, as the fix seems easy enough.

jgirolami

What irritates me with some of the VAR referring and commentary around decisions is that the pictures are often slowed down too much and/or shown from the wrong angle to actually judge it, like with the tackle on Laca against Sp**s. If you see that tackle from behind, at full speed, you can actually judge the impact and force of the tackle correctly and then there is no doubt it is a foul and a penalty. 100%. And this is the angle Michael Oliver had and he made the absolute right decision. From that angle and full speed you can see how Laca's body and leg change direction at once when being hit. From going full speed to the right from his shot attempt to reversing direction. Unless Laca knows how to reverse the motion of mass in mid air, which he cannot, it has to come from the force of the tackle. The speed of the change is also telling, but again something that is masked in how it is shown. By not showing this in countless replays it makes making the right decision very difficult and it is something that I for the life of me do not understand why it isn't standard procedure to go through all angles, at full speed as well as in slow motion. This would give the referees and the viewers the best way to judge the situation. Just frustrating the way it is done, as the fix seems easy enough.
I was referring to the villa martinez incident for reference. Not the spuds one. As he implied that was not.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom