• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I'm fine with the decision on its own, two yellow card offences - two yellow cards.

My problem is that I've never seen anyone else get sent off like this, and you see players having multiple nibbles all the time. Looks like the ref really just wanted to send someone off.
Problem is one can always justify an individual decision to give a yellow for almost anything. But it is the combination here that is just mind boggling. I have never ever seen anything like that. Can only happen if a referee is hellbent on sending an Arsenal player off.

Rattata

It was a foul throw anyway because Martinelli interfered. If a goalkeeper tries to kick the ball and a player runs in front of him, the kick is also retaken.

I'm 100% behind Arteta on this one. You have to be very willing to give that red card.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Why do you speak about Arsenal fans like you aren't one?
because i'm not questioning every ref decision, just because they aren't in our faviour.

we often got disgraceful decisions in the last years against us, but this isn't one of them.
the ref aren't always fault, because our players aren't learning.

and we all knew what the discussions would be, if that would be Xhaka and not Martinelli.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

because i'm not questioning every ref decision, just because they aren't in our faviour.

we often got disgraceful decisions in the last years against us, but this isn't one of them.
the ref aren't always fault, because our players aren't learning.

and we all knew what the discussions would be, if that would be Xhaka and not Martinelli.
Have to disagree with you here. That decision by Oliver was absolute ****e! You can wait 100 years before you see that type of decision again in the PL!

Honestly, stop thinking like a battered house wife! It isn't your fault you are being beaten!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Looks like the ref really just wanted to send someone off.
I have called out Oliver earlier on Arsenal bias. He is not the worst though.

Today he was good in the first half. But in the second, he gave all the small things in favour of Wolves.

The biased refs try to do it usually in very minor ways.

I'm personally not so fussed about the Martinelli thing. It was 50/50, and when Martinelli ran I thought "I hope he doesn't foul him stupidly."

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I'm fine with the decision on its own, two yellow card offences - two yellow cards.

My problem is that I've never seen anyone else get sent off like this, and you see players having multiple nibbles all the time. Looks like the ref really just wanted to send someone off.
because it rarely happens that a player makes two fouls in the same action. because normally you don't even have the time and the position to make two fouls at the nearly same time.

but things like this already happened:

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Less okay with Partey getting a yellow than Gabi getting two tbh. Not saying there’s not some kind of unconscious agenda against us but we’re really making it easy for refs

BobP

Memri Fan

RVP against Barca in 2011 all over again.

drippin

Goldbridge absolutely disagrees with Oliver's yellow red spree. He mentions it a couple of times in this video.

It's not just any opinion, because Goldbrige is United fan and would love for Arsenal to lose.

drippin

Goldbridge absolutely disagrees with Oliver's yellow red spree. He mentions it a couple of times in this video.

It's not just any opinion, because Goldbrige is United fan and would love for Arsenal to lose.

I recommend everyone watch this. It's like 4 minutes. He says he has not seen double yellow in a long long time. He clearly objects in how the fouls were not enough to give a red.

"That is interesting. That is very very interesting... To do that..."

"Being impartial.. That's not right.. That is _not_ right. I don't think you can go: yellow, yellow, red."

And so on.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Martinelli prevents a restart - should be booked then.

Martinelli preventing the restart causes a foul throw. Play should be stopped then.
You don't let players carry on from a moving ball, you can't gain an advantage with an improper start.

Legrove made a good point. Player makes a yellow card foul, then kicks ball away. Two yellow card offences in quick succession. When has that been a red?

The FA also clearly state the advantage rule. The ref has gone completely against it. It should be an admission of a mistake and no ban.

GoonerBoy19

I don't have a problem with Martinelli send off but how other teams won't get these kind of treatment is well beyond me. Our game against Burnley Ashely Westwood should have been sent off twice. The inconsistency is unreal, there is a good possibility of match fixing as most of these decisions seem very pre determined.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Once the investigation for the Xhaka time wasting yellow was cleared they aren’t even trying to hide their corruption.

Oliver’s mate must have made a killing today.

Melquiades

We've been absolutely screwed by the refs on multiple occasions over the past two years.

This wasn't one of those occasions, to me.

We were trying to sit on a 1-0 lead from half-time and doing a ridiculous amount of diving and time-wasting. Embarrassing negative ****. Wolves were pissed, the fans were pissed, you could see the ref getting pissed and we set ourselves up for something like this to happen ... and then Martinelli had an absolute brain implosion. Both cards were totally legitimate.

Go out for the 2nd half and try to play the game the right way and none of this happens.

Malky

Established Member
Surely if Martinelli is causing an obstruction by stopping a throw in, which the ref views as a yellow he should pull it back at that moment? Not let play go on. No?
Would like to think this will be over turned if we appeal it.

The "best league in the world" easily has the worst refs. It's badly needing a complete overhaul. You feel at this point every ref sets out in games to pull a " Mike Dean " and be the centre of attention, or a big talking point, instead of just doing their ****ing job.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Look like most people in media don't understand why Martinelli get sent off.

Not big hope from media to help us but hopefully they start to demand answers about the easy red cards we getting

drippin

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom