• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thiago Alcântara

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In all honestly we will probably go for him. It would make sense to do so.

We would still need Dani and Partey on top of Thiago but it sorts a huge proper for us.

However why would you not want to join Klopp and Liverpool?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Interesting Ornstein tweet from July.
The amount of players that we probably win over just because we are in London is probably quite high not gonna lie.

Unfortunately no matter how strong the pull is, we are nowhere good enough for this guy. Maybe Chelsea throw some more Abramovitch fun coupons at him when they get bored after not buying someone for a week.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The issue is that Liverpool don't want to pay the fee for him. They don't view €30m for a player they can sign on a pre-contract in 5 months as value for money.
I guess if they are confident a deal can be struck then its clever, but the whole continent will be after him at that stage.

Reactions: A_G

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The issue is that Liverpool don't want to pay the fee for him. They don't view €30m for a player they can sign on a pre-contract in 5 months as value for money.

Yes they're in the position to be able to do that as well. We however are pretty desperate.

So the price is £27M? I mean Partey and Thiago for £65M with Dani on loan is probably the way to go.

Transforms our midfield into a world class midfield almost instantly.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Thiago
Partey-Ceballos
Pepe-PEA-Saka

sbn.gif

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If you think about it Liverpool have good reason to not pay a high fee for him. Thiago is on 205K a week at Bayern. Only one player in the entire Liverpool squad earns more than that, Salah.

I dont think Liverpool will be willing to pay a £20-30M fee and £10M a year wages.

However due to Özil breaking our wage structure we are pretty well set up to offer big contracts for top class players.

Finesse

Thiago is a top player. After playing for Barcelona and Bayern winning the CL , he is ripe for a new challenge / project to finish off his career. I hope Arteta has been able to articulate the project and pin point where Thiago fits in. Does he want to move to Liverpool to win another CL or PL or be part of a new project that would make him find more within himself?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Whereas Liverpool have the ability to be able to wait five months and not drop in quality, we don’t.

Paying what Bayern want as well as high wages is a symptom of our position. You don’t feel like it’s a deal Liverpool have to make but for us it’s a game changer.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Whereas Liverpool have the ability to be able to wait five months and not drop in quality, we don’t.

Paying what Bayern want as well as high wages is a symptom of our position. You don’t feel like it’s a deal Liverpool have to make but for us it’s a game changer.
30M for a guy that is free in 4 months is a huge decision though. Think somebody makes or break their career on that decision.

I’d do it because risks like that are the only way we get back to competing quickly but boy...it’s a big outlay.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Arteta: "So Edu, how's the Gabriel deal going, almost done?"

Thiago: "Edu...it's me, Thiago."

Arteta: "Thiago...sorry, hit the wrong number...bye."

Thiago: "Oh, bye."

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Patrick Moreau seem to be a random Twitter loser, like Eduardo Hagn, John Cross and Dial Square. I cant understand why we should care about him or his tweets.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Yes they're in the position to be able to do that as well. We however are pretty desperate.

So the price is £27M? I mean Partey and Thiago for £65M with Dani on loan is probably the way to go.

Transforms our midfield into a world class midfield almost instantly.
If you say it that way I think we wasted 80M in a winger las year.

Iceman10

Established Member
This would be 1st or 2nd choice CM signing for me, can’t quite decide because I expect his wage demands would be high. 29 is not too old really, 3-4 seasons of high performance would be great, but I don’t see him going from winning the CL to being out of it for at least a season, that’s where his age kind of comes into it (what he is looking for).

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

This is an absolute non-starter.

1 his wages are massive and we're yet to get anyone significant off the book, and 2, the random guy on twitter isn't reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom