• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thierry Henry: The King Stay The King

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Carragher was terrible when he first started on sky. Watching Henry at the moment is a bit watching a Lord Bendtner driving...you're just waiting for the crash. I hope for his sake he does improve.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I knew there would be recmininations amongs the players and fitness staff from Thierry's comments but I was surprised the way Wenger came down on him recently.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Carragher was terrible when he first started on sky. Watching Henry at the moment is a bit watching a Lord Bendtner driving...you're just waiting for the crash. I hope for his sake he does improve.
I hope he quits and focuses on becoming a manager. He never really came across as smart or articulate when he was doing interviews as a player so I just don't see him improving sufficiently to become a good enough pundit. Thierry has always been confident/arrogant - as a player he had the skills to match this arrogance but as a pundit it just doesn't work. You can see he's still very confident but he can't back it up. When he tries to overcomplicate things and be all philosophical he just doesn't make any sense anymore. In his defense though, English is not his native tongue - that shouldn't be underestimated.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He isn't making it any easier for himself :( Lucky I don't have Sky, I can leave the Thierry-tinted glasses firmly on :cool:

Mate, I'd love to say he's been amazing but he really, really hasn't. What's with these amazing players becoming terrible pundits? Thierry waffles on so much, stumbles into a world of his own when asked simple questions.

I'm literally praying it improves.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Also, Carra has had to get the conversation back on track so many times. Like GDeep said, Thierry goes off topic far too easily, to the point where we forget what the original question even was. Carragher has to get everything flowing again, sometimes Redknapp does!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I knew from the first time I saw him on Sky that I wasn't going to like him as a pundit there. I think it was us vs City.

Proof

Established Member
Henry said that Xavi changed the final in 2006. Xavi didn't play in 2006 final.

EDIT: Sorry, I misheard.

Last edited:

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Henry said that Xavi changed the final in 2006. Xavi didn't play in 2006 final.

I think he was talking about Inesta, who came on at half time and made life even more difficult for us with 10 men, as I recall.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

CG7Cj-hWgAAX7xQ.jpg:large

Redemption!

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Probably one of those fabricated quotes.. Like the one with the Sp**s legend(what's his name again?) saying Wilshere had the right to banter off Sp**s, and that he was drunk when he signed for them, lmao...

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom