• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santi Claus

"In October 2016 the laws were changed, with the buyout fee advances to the players no longer subject to tax, meaning only the fee itself had to be paid."

According to wiki for anyone wondering if tax was still required for La Liga release clauses.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

So, with this looking dead in the water :(:(, who's the back-up?
Yeah according to Spanish contract law expert @Rex Banter we're ****ed.

And we've loaned out Torreira so (whether you rate Lucas or not) we've gotten weaker as a squad. This is a make or break moment for the new regime imo.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If we don’t sign him now then this is over. By next summer he’ll be 28 and it probably won’t make sense for us pick him up.

Malky

Established Member
Yeah according to Spanish contract law expert @Rex Banter we're ****ed.

And we've loaned out Torreira so (whether you rate Lucas or not) we've gotten weaker as a squad. This is a make or break moment for the new regime imo.
Shambles that we've done Atletico a favour with Torreira but we still won't get Partey.

As good as Aouar is, A Xhaka, Elneny, Aouar midfield won't be winning the midfield in a big game. Partey was that guy we were missing.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

I can understand the Torreira deal in itself but the fact that they get a quality player for basically nothing while refusing to discuss Partey ("Pay the clause!" is not a discussion) is annoying as fvck

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It's probably already too late to get the intermediares stuff done to do so - trusting @Rex Banter on that one.

I guess time's run out.
Hard to see an alternative for him on the market, at least not one that would highly excite me.

If I’m honest think this is Atletico sh*thousing to make sure Thomas stays.

Probably drag the Torreira and Herrera deals out until Monday before confirming.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Probably drag the Torreira and Herrera deals out until Monday before confirming.
Hopefully we do one back and the day before just give them 50 million Euros. They can't do anything if the clause is met.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

But how, I don't think us buying Partey depends on Atletico taking Torreira on a loan without obligation to buy.

For that matter, they would even more likely do so afterwards. This only applied to a deal for torreira in which we would've at least gotten an obligation.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

But how, I don't think us buying Partey depends on Atletico taking Torreira on a loan without obligation to buy.

For that matter, they would even more likely do so afterwards. This only applied to a deal for torreira in which we would've at least gotten an obligation.

I’m guessing we can’t really plan until Torreira is out of the squad due to spaces and wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom