• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Timo Hildebrand

Status
Not open for further replies.

sienna

Just been on the Arsenal World board and somebody has just posted that Hildebrand has signed for Sevilla. 4 years contract. Don't know if it's true. If so, we missed out big time.

Legend#1

Established Member
sienna said:
Just been on the Arsenal World board and somebody has just posted that Hildebrand has signed for Sevilla. 4 years contract. Don't know if it's true. If so, we missed out big time.

I heard that too.. probably true.. WELL DONE WENGER FFS !!!

asajoseph

Established Member
sienna said:

Hmmm... I've heard more believable rumours. I'll check it out, but I can't see why he'd end up there.

Legend#1

Established Member
I still don't believe Arsenal will get him.. and i'm angry about this because he is such a good keeper :evil:

asajoseph

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
I still don't believe Arsenal will get him.. and i'm angry about this because he is such a good keeper :evil:

No, it mystifies me too. If he would be willing to come here, which he might not be, the only option I can think of is that Wenger is constricted by a SERIOUS lack of funds.

Legend#1

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Legend#1 said:

No, it mystifies me too. If he would be willing to come here, which he might not be, the only option I can think of is that Wenger is constricted by a SERIOUS lack of funds.

He would be probably £1m if we buy him now.. or if we get him to sign a pre-contract.. he'd be FREE.. funds don't come into play !

asajoseph

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
asajoseph said:
Legend#1 said:

He would be probably £1m if we buy him now.. or if we get him to sign a pre-contract.. he'd be FREE.. funds don't come into play !

Of course they do - what do you think we'd be paying his wages with?

As it stands Campbell, Vieira and Henry are being paid some of the richest contracts in football. Hildebrand has high stock right now, and would be another significant contract (although of course not up with Henry or Vieira) if we were to sign him now.

Legend#1

Established Member
Swapping Lehmann on his 35kish wages and getting Hilderbrandt who woudn't want more than 35k imho.. is a bad idea?

Doesn't add up.

Legend#1

Established Member
But I don't know the financial situation of Arsenal F.C. but i'm sure we'd have enough for Hilderbrandt.. I'd like to think Wenger was doing all he can to get him but i'm sure he isn't.

asajoseph

Established Member
Ah, true... Forgot we might be able to send Lehmann as part of the bargain.

Well, my guess is that he doesn't want to come then. Because otherwise IF we don't sign him (and that's an if), it would seem to be an enormous ****-up.

AFCG7

Established Member
If HIldenbrand doesnt sign for a bigger club than Arsenal or at least one of the clubs in EUrope's top tier then something would have to be seriously wrong with Wenger's transfer policy and the fans should rightly have a go at him.

Legend#1

Established Member
CreatorSupreme said:
Hildebrand has been signed by Bayern Munich I'm afraid. Class act, Wenger should have got him.

No he hasn't.

Bayern said they didn't want him.. and I think Sammer would have said something by now and it would have been on Sky Sports etc.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hilderbrand is a top, top keeper - anyone who watches the German League week in week out will tell you that. However, he will not sign for us.

Why ? Because Wenger seems to prefer height, experience, power and the ability to take command in the box - and with the exception of that last one, Hilderbrand lacks all those qualities.

Someone with the power and experience of Abbiati seems to attract Arsène a hell of a lot more than the youth and exuberance of Hilderbrand and in all honesty there's nothing we can do about it.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2005 said:
Why ? Because Wenger seems to prefer height, experience, power and the ability to take command in the box - and with the exception of that last one, Hilderbrand lacks all those qualities.

agree with that. some have said height doesnt matter to be a top class keeper, but thats not the point. wenger prefers tall and strong keepers as shown by the ones we currently have in our team. koller can be a good player, but we wouldnt sign him because he isnt the sort of player wenger looks for. that can apply for the goalkeeping postion as well.

A

Anonymous

mmm just searched the papers and net, and there is no news about hildebrand goin anywhere. He is still being linked to arsenal though

Sammer

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Jose_Reyes_2005 said:

agree with that. some have said height doesnt matter to be a top class keeper, but thats not the point. wenger prefers tall and strong keepers as shown by the ones we currently have in our team. koller can be a good player, but we wouldnt sign him because he isnt the sort of player wenger looks for. that can apply for the goalkeeping postion as well.

That sure is true, but....there is a tiny chance of reconsidering his preference for very tall, strong keepers
Lehmann and Almunia both fit his keeper profile, but both of them are not likely to be a long-term no1 at Arsenal. Even Wenger might consider a change in keeper-buying-tactics, if the right keeper comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom