• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tin Jedvaj

Pea-Tear-Griffin

Eduardo_da_Silva said:
CurryFlavoured said:
Eduardo_da_Silva said:
My post from the starlets thread:

Jedvaj is as good as you get at his age. One of the best defenders that came out of Dinamo Zagreb academy. And that academy is one of the best un the world. He is a ball carrying central defender thats versatile and has allready played as a right back and defensive midfielder. Hes debut was out of this world. In a match against Dinamos biggest rivals and one of the hottest stadiums to play at in the world he was voted man of the match. I was there, and was blown out. He is just one of those players that ouzes class every time he touches the ball. He is fast, reads the game well and has a good vertcal leap. Describing him realy sounds too god to be true, but having seen him for around 10 games this season I must say he IS that good. Last player that I wrote about here was Mateo Kovacic, and I really really wanted him here, despite his age. He is now allready central figure of Inter,and he will only get better.(He is a big Arsenal fan btw) To conclude, my opinion is that Jedvajs price has allready gone up to much for us to compete, but if you ask me if he is worth it, he definitely is...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyQ3hM3MYho" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyQ3hM3MYho</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is this the game? Looks impressive.

Yes thats the game, and @Tear-Griffin when talking about his price I was talking about my doubt that wenger would be willing to pay round 9 million pounds for a 17 year old defender. Of course we can get him if we want him but somehow I don0t think it's happening..
Ok, I understand. :)
I do feel Wenger would be willing to spend that on him if he thinks he is good enough as he has in the past e.g. Chamberlain and Walcott and he was reportedly interested in Varane.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He looks like a serial killer...

jedvaj.jpg

leo_ense

Established Member
AFC Academy ‏@AFCAcademy 10m
A move for Schalke’s 21 year old Greek CB Kyriakos Papadopoulos is pretty much dead after the success with Jedvaj. 3/3

AFC Academy AFC Academy ‏@AFCAcademy 10m
Tin Jedvaj is one of the greatest prospects from Croatia since young talents like Kovacic, Rakitic and Modric. 2/3

AFC Academy AFC Academy ‏@AFCAcademy 10m
Dinamo Zagreb’s 17 year old Croat CB Tin Jedvaj move to Arsenal is looking lively, for a fee of £7.2m. 1/3

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@AFCAcademy
Dinamo Zagreb’s 17 year old Croat CB Tin Jedvaj move to Arsenal is looking lively, for a fee of £7.2m. 1/3

@AFCAcademy
Tin Jedvaj is one of the greatest prospects from Croatia since young talents like Kovacic, Rakitic and Modric. 2/3

@AFCAcademy
A move for Schalke’s 21 year old Greek CB Kyriakos Papadopoulos is pretty much dead after the success with Jedvaj. 3/3

@AFCAcademy
I’ll agree, £7m for a 17 year old is quite some money. Although We signed 17 yr old Ox for a fee of £15m, more than double this price.

@AFCAcademy
I’m just hoping it works out a success. These kind of transfers are very risky.

leo_ense said:
Don't know how reliable this guy is
He usually talks about youth transfer and is pretty reliable

evoh_1

Established Member
We never banged in a bid for Varane, Grimandi has said before that it is hard to judge young defenders vs. attackers (nice work with gervais, park and giroud btw), and that we missed out on him.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
yousif_arsenal said:
Wow 7.2m for 17 years old that's too much.
@AFCAcademy 5m
Not many know this, but... Arsenal put a €5m Varane when he was 16. He signed for Madrid for €14m when he was 18. We’ll see how it turns out.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
leo_ense said:
@tancredipalmeri: Tottenham have outbid Roma for the 17 yo croatian defender Jedvaj from Dinamo Zagreb, according to Sky Ita
First dont believe tancredipalmeri he's never right and Sky italia are just as bad
Roma bid was 5m and Arsenal offer is 7.2m

Pea-Tear-Griffin

evoh_1 said:
We never banged in a bid for Varane, Grimandi has said before that it is hard to judge young defenders vs. attackers (nice work with gervais, park and giroud btw), and that we missed out on him.
Multiple reports say we did?

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We also made a bid for Hazard/Sakho when they were 16/17 , Wenger knew about Varane at a very early age so I am sure we must have made a bid for him at some point but probably declined to meet the club's asking price

It looks like we've made a bid for Tin but still waiting to find out if its been accepted or not

evoh_1

Established Member
Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
evoh_1 said:

“A quick word on my fellow Frenchman Raphael Varane, the 19-year-old Real Madrid defender who could face United: I’m happy for him because he’s carving out a role at one of the world’s best clubs, which is remarkable.

“Yet at the same time, when you are in charge of a club like Arsenal, you have to wonder why this player is not playing for us. He was at Lens, and we might well have caught him there."

Those are the wenger quotes which don't sound like we actually bid and missed but just missed out.

I've seen the bit where it says we bid for him but that was further down the line when madrid came in with the cash as well along with united, by that point it was over.

Pea-Tear-Griffin

evoh_1 said:
Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
evoh_1 said:

“A quick word on my fellow Frenchman Raphael Varane, the 19-year-old Real Madrid defender who could face United: I’m happy for him because he’s carving out a role at one of the world’s best clubs, which is remarkable.

“Yet at the same time, when you are in charge of a club like Arsenal, you have to wonder why this player is not playing for us. He was at Lens, and we might well have caught him there."

Those are the wenger quotes which don't sound like we actually bid and missed but just missed out.

I've seen the bit where it says we bid for him but that was further down the line when madrid came in with the cash as well along with united, by that point it was over.

I take them quotes in a different perspective to you.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
when you think about this, the tin man makes more sense than papadopoulos. tin played only 13 games for zagreb last year and is still very very young. to get him to sign here, you don't have to promise him a starting spot. you promise him that you will help develop him over the next 3-4 years, and that he will be given a chance to start as he's developed physically. thats an easier sell to a 17 year old from a small league than it is to papadopoulos, who is already a week in week out starter for a big club in germany and who is 3 years older. he wont come here to sit on the bench, and obviously kos/mert is our starting CB pair entering the season.

evoh_1

Established Member
The kid doesn't look much like a kid though physically, pretty well bulked out even more so when you think he is 6'2.

Kos should have a bit of croat grub to feed up his muscles.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom