• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Torsten Frings

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Frings can toughen up Gunners
By ANDREW DILLON

Published: Today

TORSTEN FRINGS is the surprise name on Arsène Wenger’s summer shopping list.

Arsenal manager Wenger fancies the accomplished German midfield star to replace AC Milan-bound Mathieu Flamini.

At 31, Frings is older than Wenger’s usual transfer targets but he would be able to beef up a young Arsenal team still searching for its first trophy after THREE barren years.

Frings is regarded as a versatile midfielder with the grit needed to stand up to the rigours of English football.

He currently plays for Bundlesliga side Werder Bremen but would be available for around £4million.
www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/foo ... 274587.ece

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Always a underrated player, but for Germany he is a great holding midfielder, but his age, well,

Maby Gilberto can have a great season just like two years ago,
I cant seeing if Frings may come that he can keep on peforming, and get able with our speed and pace in our game.

kym7224

And he signed new contract last year, even with Juve interest, Klose left he stayed.
Very loyal to his club.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Frings is a fantastic player, was very gutted when he left Dortmund, then Bayern wasted him playing him on the left side of midfield. Went back home to Bremen and he now has the freedom,leadership and I respected him even more when he shunned Juve as Bremen stood by him during his injuries

Hes like 31 now and I wouldnt mind him, can give us 2 great years or any top club. Due to his age Wenger wont sign him, not a chance. A more realistic target is Mertesacker

True Gooner

Established Member
Would love to see him here, although hes a bit too old and might take sometime to adapt to the league.

Great player though

Lukazan

Established Member
Age could be a problem, but if things went well it could be an absolutely brilliant signing. He is a quality player.

Don't believe there is an ounce of truth in this though.

stuart

Established Member
Nah cant see it happening. I've only seen him in these major tournaments and i always wondered why he was never at a bigger club. He's always struck me as a quality player. Too old for Wenger mind you

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
agree with whats been said, his age is enough to make this seem all the more unlikley. Unless Wenger descides to suprise us all.

air

No quote, nothing. Where do they come up with these? I want to be a reporter too. I can write fiction about footballers' transfers too.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
He would be a superb signing, even at this age. I was very impressed by him whenever he played for Germany.

However, we knows it won't happen

longrufus

Established Member
As unlikely as i think this signing is, he would be the perfect signing for us, would provide vast expeirence to the middle, and ease the transition for the younger players to come throuh. Denilson could learn a lot from Frings, would be the perfect role model.

Wenger has signed older players to bridge the gap before..

JazzG

Established Member
Lukazan said:
Age could be a problem, but if things went well it could be an absolutely brilliant signing. He is a quality player.

Don't believe there is an ounce of truth in this though.

Agreed, would add good experience and a bit of steel to our midfield but I am not so sure this transfer will happen.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom