Torsten Frings

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by GoonerGurjit, Jun 11, 2008.

1. GoonerGurjit

GoonerGurjit New Member Elite

www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/foo ... 274587.ece

2. Lancelot

Lancelot Well-Known Member Trusted

Surprise name?

More of a non-existence name on the list, if I may. :lol:

3. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

Always a underrated player, but for Germany he is a great holding midfielder, but his age, well,

Maby Gilberto can have a great season just like two years ago,
    I cant seeing if Frings may come that he can keep on peforming, and get able with our speed and pace in our game.

4. longrufus

longrufus New Member Elite

Very good player, wood be a great signing, can i see it happening though, no.

5. kym7224

kym7224 New Member

Why he is only 4M?
    Ditto great signing can't see it happening.

6. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

Werder Bremen claims that they want the big big prize for him,

7. kym7224

kym7224 New Member

I see I can't see him coming in only 4M either.

8. kym7224

kym7224 New Member

And he signed new contract last year, even with Juve interest, Klose left he stayed.
    Very loyal to his club.

9. EMIR8_SOLDIER

EMIR8_SOLDIER New Member

Frings is a fantastic player, was very gutted when he left Dortmund, then Bayern wasted him playing him on the left side of midfield. Went back home to Bremen and he now has the freedom,leadership and I respected him even more when he shunned Juve as Bremen stood by him during his injuries

Hes like 31 now and I wouldnt mind him, can give us 2 great years or any top club. Due to his age Wenger wont sign him, not a chance. A more realistic target is Mertesacker

10. True Gooner

True Gooner New Member Elite

Would love to see him here, although hes a bit too old and might take sometime to adapt to the league.

Great player though

11. Lukazan

Lukazan New Member Elite

Age could be a problem, but if things went well it could be an absolutely brilliant signing. He is a quality player.

Don't believe there is an ounce of truth in this though.

12. stuart

stuart New Member Trusted

Nah cant see it happening. I've only seen him in these major tournaments and i always wondered why he was never at a bigger club. He's always struck me as a quality player. Too old for Wenger mind you

13. Gooner_Stu

Gooner_Stu Active Member

agree with whats been said, his age is enough to make this seem all the more unlikley. Unless Wenger descides to suprise us all.

14. air

air New Member

No quote, nothing. Where do they come up with these? I want to be a reporter too. I can write fiction about footballers' transfers too.

15. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

He would be a superb signing, even at this age. I was very impressed by him whenever he played for Germany.

However, we knows it won't happen

16. kel varnsen

kel varnsen New Member Trusted

excelent player. tough, mobile, agressive, good on the ball and a leader. experienced as well.

17. longrufus

longrufus New Member Elite

As unlikely as i think this signing is, he would be the perfect signing for us, would provide vast expeirence to the middle, and ease the transition for the younger players to come throuh. Denilson could learn a lot from Frings, would be the perfect role model.

Wenger has signed older players to bridge the gap before..

18. JazzG

JazzG New Member Elite

Agreed, would add good experience and a bit of steel to our midfield but I am not so sure this transfer will happen.

19. USgoonergirl

USgoonergirl New Member

Dont think this will happen at all, but Frings is a fantastic player though

20. Pádraig

Pádraig New Member

He is a better player than Gilberto and he's definitely someone I would love to see at Arsenal.